Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
The Summer 2012 trip - better late than never! Day 9

Trip Index here.

Day 9 - 03/08/12

I woke up early today - around 7 am. Got up and used FaceTime to contact Adam at home, as he'd had another interview this morning. It was apparently quite a bizarre experience in that he wasn't asked any questions at all. It made him decide that he didn't want to work there anyway.

Cereal, fruit or toast and orange juice all round, then we all got ready for a day of doing nothing! We chilled by the pool, had a swim (although the water was quite chilly today), read, lazed on the lilo etc ... you get the picture. It's such a hard life being on holiday.

It clouded over a little around lunchtime, and there were even a few spots of rain for a minute or two. However, not enough to make me move from the sun lounger and the sun soon burnt the clouds away.

By about 4pm, we'd finally had enough, so got showered ready to go out early to eat. We decided on Manny's Chophouse, so rang ahead to get added to the wait list, then made the drive down there, arriving at around 6:30pm. It rained on the way down there, and when we arrived it looked like Haines City had had a LOT of rain. Manny's car park was flooded in two different places.

We waited for another 10-15 minutes, during which time I had a text message from Adam at home asking me to ring him. My mind went into overdrive. I went outside to call him, but he didn’t answer. I could feel the panic rising inside me. About 5 minutes later, I manage to get him to answer the phone, only to find out that he was bothered about some fabric conditioner that appeared to still be in the washing machine drawer! Why couldn't he just text me that? Do teenagers not realise us parents worry?

Anyway, time for the food.

We all order steaks - Katie, Martin and I had the 10 oz top sirloin, while Brandon had the 14 oz sirloin.

They were all good, although I think my steak last year was marginally better. I have to say that Longhorns was better for me this time, but we would still go to Manny's again - we like the whole experience.

We drove home, (see how quickly someone else's villa becomes 'my home'), calling in at Walmart on the way. We just needed to pick up a few more bits like cereal and orange juice.

Once back, we spot this little visitor near the front door, although he soon runs off.

We empty the bins ready for collection in the morning, then watch some Olympics coverage.

Tomorrow - Magic Kingdom

Edited at 05:09 PM.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 13, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
happyhope
VIP Dibber

Why can't I chill out when we go I always feel like I'm missing something lol
Old 30 Apr 13, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ladeh
slightly serious Dibber

Did he get any of the jobs?
ladeh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 13, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ladeh View Post
Did he get any of the jobs?
He did eventually get one of the three, although didn't find out about it until October! Very strange that it took them 2 months to see every candidate. However, by the time October came it was too late.

The week after he returned from Magaluf he had an in depth interview/aptitude test for a company in the next town to us, where he was there for almost 5 hours. He got that one, and started his finance apprenticeship last September. It was such a relief. The prospects for the company he is now with are so much better, as they have branches all over the world. They are happy to transfer you between them if you so wish, and have told him as long as he keeps passing his AAT exams, then there will always be a job for him.

Thanks for asking.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 13, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by happyhope View Post
Why can't I chill out when we go I always feel like I'm missing something lol
We never used to chill when we went to Florida, but we always came home feeling worn out. Once the children were about 10, we started adding in some easier days. We have some lovely memories of having hotel pools to ourselves for hours, followed by playing crazy golf etc. These rest days helped us to recharge our batteries, and stopped Katie and Adam becoming short tempered with each other. It made for much better holidays for us.

I know it's not for everyone though.
Old 1 May 13, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel princess
Very Serious Dibber

Another good day, we took it really easy our second week, like you say it's good to recharge the batteries

2005, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016 (including Disney Cruise), 2017, 2018
Ariel princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 13, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Your style of touring, very much follows ours these days.
We have a few things set in stone [usually things that have to be booked] and the rest of the days are as the mood takes us.
We are much more likely to go out later, and stay out later.
We had the pleasure of staying onsite, and love a lazy morning round the pool, or a water park, then ambling round a park for the afternoon, a lazy dinner, then perhaps an evening in a different park.

Not for everyone, but it suits us
Old 6 May 13, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another nice and relaxing day followed by a very yummy looking tea.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 13, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
short2005
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Really enjoying your trippy ,its like our type of holiday we don't do many parks now either ,thanks for taking the time to a trip report
Enclave Suites 2005, Terra Verde 2007,Watersong 2008, Calabay Parc tower lakes 2009, New York and Sandy Ridge 2010, Highgrove 2012, New York and Windward Cay 2013 California and Las Vegas Road Trip 2014,Tuscan Hills Feb 2016 Calabay Park Tower Lakes Sept 2016 Route 66 Sept 2017 Southern Road trip Sept 2019
short2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 13, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Ariel princess View Post
Another good day, we took it really easy our second week, like you say it's good to recharge the batteries
We definitely need some easier days. DH works very hard all year round, so it's important that he gets time to relax on holiday. That's why we always go for a few days more than a fortnight - it allows those rest days inbetween.

Originally Posted by happy bunny View Post
Your style of touring, very much follows ours these days.
We have a few things set in stone [usually things that have to be booked] and the rest of the days are as the mood takes us.
We are much more likely to go out later, and stay out later.
We had the pleasure of staying onsite, and love a lazy morning round the pool, or a water park, then ambling round a park for the afternoon, a lazy dinner, then perhaps an evening in a different park.

Not for everyone, but it suits us
Sounds perfect to me.

Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
Another nice and relaxing day followed by a very yummy looking tea.
Relaxing and eating - a perfect mix.

Originally Posted by short2005 View Post
Really enjoying your trippy ,its like our type of holiday we don't do many parks now either ,thanks for taking the time to a trip report
Thanks for reading it and commenting.