Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
:) Margarita or Bust. Son of Biergarten. Day 16

Last Full Day Has to be The Magic! Oct 17th

(Adopting Dr Nick Riviera voice)

"Hi Everybody!"

We are -

Me - Diane, Di, She Who Must Be Obeyed, The Donald lover, Disneyaddict and Master Planner.

Gordon - Grumpy, Gunter, He Who Must Be Ignored, Jasmine Stalker, Evil Queen Lover, Disneyfoodblogaddict, Provider of Funds.

Son - Ben, Thing 1, Wise Beyond his Years, Very Much like his Father (wherein lies the problem).

Daughter - Heather, Thing 2, Princess, Diva, Wannabe Emo, Never Knowingly Full.

You can catch up with any previous days here.

Again, I am now just making this up as I go, as other than the photos we took and my (by now, very vague) memories of our fantabulous trip, I have no proof we were even on holiday. So, on with the fun.

I should probably mention by now also, Michael and Susan have left. They shall no longer feature in this tale. I think they left the day before (but feel free to pick another day if you like). Anyway, we did spend a small amount of time saying goodbye to them - whenever it was they left. Michael was watching TV ignoring the children and Susan was running herself ragged trying to get everything sorted out and packed.

Speaking of packing - we also did some of that . Or rather, I did . Having the washing machine and dryer in the flat was brilliant - I ended up pretty much doing a wash everyday, so for the last day or so, as I had been packing away things I knew we wouldn't need. This still involved some Krypton Factor level of skills in order to fit everything we had brought with us (and legally I think we did need to return to the UK with the kids) and stuff wot we had bought.

Packing is always the most depressing part of a holiday so let us move on.

Last full day - it had to be Magic Kingdom!

Getting up at whatever time we got up at (picture 8 o'clockish if you like) we headed out the door, and in a shock new twist... with no breakfast! We still had loads of CS credits left so planned to just eat when we got there.

Ferry over, of course. I am wasting no more time on you Mr Monorail.

I think the filter effect is deliberate here, or possibly the lens just needs a wipe.

We must have got here very early, as we're watching everyone else come into the park.

Now at this point we did something, not sure what. Some rides of some description. We did do Space Mountain, could have done Buzz Lightyear, possibly Pirates - could even have been both, then I do remember Grumpy saying "let's do Space Mountain again now". At this point however I had been up for pretty much nearly 2 hours *possible slight exageration* with no food, and this only leads to Very Bad Things happening. The medical term for this is hypoglycaemia, and when I get a bit hypo it really affects my mood (and not in a happy way) so I do have an excuse, but in reality it involves me snarling a fair bit and stamping my feet.

So instead we went in here.

Where we had some delicious baked goods to eat. I'll leave you to decide in your own minds what we had.

OK, now I'm feeling much better... Space Mountain here we come again!

The boy must have fallen out...oops

During the course of the day we also spent some time in here...

Then we went here.

Think we rode Big Thunder and got FPs for Splash at this point.

Our dinner tonight was meant to a 2nd visit to Biergarten, but Grumpy didn't want to leave Magic Kingdom so we had managed to book a lunch reservation at The Plaza.

Have no earthly idea who ate what, but this is what we did have.

Probably Grumpy's.

Mine

1 of the kids.

Grumpy's dessert.

The boy's, he does love his mint choc chip.

So this would be mine, yum yum.

Think the girl may have had choc fudge cake too, as it's unlikely either her or Grumpy would share their own.

The meal was really nice, and fairly reasonable from what I can remember. Our server was OK too, though he did bring out a different dessert initially for Grumpy, then when that was pointed out asked Grumpy if "he wanted it instead?" No one comes between Grumpy and choc fudge cake so I'm sure you can guess the response.

cont'd below

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report

Edited at 09:34 PM.
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 13, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Day 16 continued

Back outside and it was time for the show/parade. (I think, I'm basically just making this up now).

Grumpy getting all arty farty with his camera.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

At some point we pottered around to Fantasyland - see I have photos!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

We obviously also went into Toontown.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Feeling we may have neglected Adventureland we headed round there, for a family first. The Enchanted Tiki Room!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Can't you just sense the excitement!
[IMG][/IMG]
And some stuff happened, and there was some smoke and some birds n' stuff.

It was good fun, in a really old fashioned kitsch way, especially if you know the song and can sing along.

When we came out it was time for the Cap'n Jack Sparrow show.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Which was good fun as always, but I still think the first Cap'n Jack we saw in 2008 was the best.

After this it would have been rude not to go on Pirates, and I am nothing if not polite.

[IMG][/IMG]
No flash photography was used - honest!
I remember when the Things first came to Disneyworld they were terrified of this ride, now we couldn't imagine not doing this ride with them.

cont'd below as too many photos!

Edited at 12:53 PM.
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 13, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Day 16 continued

I think at this point we did Jungle Cruise too for the first time as a family, the queue was really long, surprisingly so, longer than the 20 min posted wait time. Grumpy now refuses to even consider doing this ride again lol. The kids enjoyed it so that's the main thing, again it's fun in a kitschy way.

Now the next photos I have are of us back at the resort, so decide amongst yourself what we did in the interim, as I have no earthly idea. I know we stayed in the park till it was dark, so possibly Big Thunder again, or Splash, I have vague memories of Space Mountain but that may have been from earlier in the day.

I know, you're stunned by the rich detailing, what can I say? It's a gift.

So, by some form of Disney magic and Pixie Dust *a car may have been involved* we found ourselves back here.

[IMG][/IMG]
That's the boat dock of Old Key West in case you weren't sure.

As is now our tradition, on our last night we hit the resort pool to squeeze every last piece of magic out of the holiday.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

We spent ages at the pool that night, in flagrant breaches of Health & Safety Guidelines we also had dinner there (at the side of the pool, not in it, I don't cross that line) *possibly, we may have actually eaten at Magic Kingdom before we left*

Think we managed a couple of wee goes on the flume before it closed, we did the hot tub, tried the sauna (in the lighthouse) and generally splashed about having lots and lots of fun.

It was well after midnight by the time we dragged ourselves out the pool and meandered back to our villa. Think I may have flung another couple of items into the cases, but in a very halfhearted way, well it's tricky with a bottle of rose in your hand.

I hope you've enjoyed my inane ramblings today, as that is literally what its been. Not so much a Trip Report but more a set of photos with random words flung at it.

Home tomorrow *sob*

Di x

Edited at 06:06 PM.
Old 11 May 13, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BriarRose
Imagineer

I love how you manage to pack as much in on your last day, but surely you will be doing a whistle stop tour of the 4 parks on your "real" last day i.e. the final few hours before ME pick-up!

1998,1999,2001,2004 I Drive, 2005,2006 Pop Century, 2007 Newport Bay DLP, 2010, 2012 OKW 2013, 2014, 2015 SSR, 2016 Portofino Bay & IDrive
BriarRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 13, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Awesome final day !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilovesnowwhite
Imagineer

I love ramblings pictures are good too
xx
Old 14 May 13, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
I love how you manage to pack as much in on your last day, but surely you will be doing a whistle stop tour of the 4 parks on your "real" last day i.e. the final few hours before ME pick-up!
Hi missus!

You know us, never ones to leave any second of the day 'un-park-ed'! lol

Well, you'll just have to wait to see if we did... *spoiler* we didn't.

Originally Posted by Rollercolster View Post
Awesome final day !
Thanks Col!

Originally Posted by Ilovesnowwhite View Post
I love ramblings pictures are good too
xx
Hi Jeanette,

Good to know you like ramblings - still a bit of another day of ramblings to come!

Di x