Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Aug 07, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

August 'must be mad' - The Disney Parks

Me – 37…… just love it all
DH – Enz – 46…..has ‘gone along’ with the Florida/Disney thing for years but think he finally loves it too!
DD – Gabs – 14…..loves Pirates of the Caribbean…….money burns a hole in her pocket
DS – Gianni – 11….loves Chip n Dale…..can’t wait to spend!

We really over-did our 1st day this year, spending all day at Epcot after an early start for the ADR we had at Cape May Café. By the time we got back to our hotel at 6ish DH & I promptly fell asleep (I slept through until the following morning!), this children watched the Disney channel and ate chocolate BAD PARENTS!

So after that sort of disaster we decided that we would just do as much or as little at the parks and leave when we felt it was time to rather than doing it all.

We spent our 1st full day at Epcot. We did Turtle talk for the 1st time. I know this is mainly for the little kiddies but it’s so cute and I want to do it again

In no particular order (the perils of not taking notes!) we did Mission Space, The Seas with Nemo & Friends, Living with the Land, Soaring – I love the smell of the pine trees, sent a couple of postcards home from Innoventions, the renovated boat ride in Mexico and toured the countries. We had different lunches – DS ate in Japan, DD and DH ate in America (big thumbs up from DD for the veggie burger) and I ate in Morocco. We were very hot and tired by the time we got to France that to be honest we didn’t stop and made our way to the exit and the air-conditioned haven of our room.

Another hot day! It was hot every day so I’ll say it now and then leave it lol

We headed straight to Expedition Everest for Fastpasses then onto Dinosaur. Stopped to watch these guys on the way back to EE – very talented

After a water and shade rest we hit EE – you really really miss a lot of the theming doing the Fastpass but it was hot and it had to be sacrificed

Kali River Rapids – oh guess who was in the wet seat?! Every blinking time lol Took flipping ages to dry out – top tip…..don’t wear a double layered t-shirt!

Walked through the Pangani Forest Trails, lunch at Tusker House followed by the Safari.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 07, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

We headed over to MGM in the afternoon with one thing in mind – Tower of Terror. After a few photos we went over to our favourite ride. No queues so we duly rode it 3 times

We all wanted to do the Great Movie Ride but didn’t fancy the wait time – think it was nearly an hour. Had a little pit-stop of drinks and lollies in the shade then DD and I hit the sun to watch the High School Musical show.

We did embarrassingly little at MGM

Yay! We finally make it to Magic Kingdom.

First stop here was for the children to grab something to eat at Main Street Bakery….I know I said we’ll take it slowly but come on!

Ok on with the touring –

We took a left into Adventureland and stepped right onto the Jungle Cruise – I love this ride and it’s the first time we’ve been on it for years. I just love the whole thing really

On the way to Pirates of the Caribbean and we spot these guys.

Very entertaining. They get some of the children involved in a Pirate Tutorial and it all became quite funny when they realised on of the little boys didn’t speak any English – they handled it very well. Also one of the little girls was a little star – not shy or nervous and really gave them a run for their money!

Over to Frontierland and we grabbed Fastpasses for Splash Mountain which had a humungous wait time and then queued for 40 minutes or so for Big Thunder Mountain.

In between BTM and Splash we walked straight into Mickey’s PhilharMagic and then grabbed lunch in The Columbia Harbour House. Always guarantee a great lunch here, it was so peaceful!

Once we’d finished the left-hand side of the park we ventured around Cinderella’s castle into Tomorrowland. Buzz Lightyear Fastpasses in hand we went to Stich escape then relaxed at the Carousel of Progess then rode the Tomorrowland Transit Authority…….’paging Mr Morrow, Mr Tom Morrow’….makes me laugh every time!

The last thing for us in Magic Kingdom today was the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. I love the attention to detail in the theming. Luckily we timed it right and didn’t have much of a wait. Very funny. Really recommend it.

DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 07, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Disney Water Parks

We spent a day at Typhoon Lagoon and ˝ a day at Blizzard Beach. I like both parks but think Typhoon Lagoon has a few more shady pathways when you’re walking between the slides. Summit Plummet had a 90 minute wait time……er I don’t think I’ll do that then. Phew!

On our last day we revisited a couple of Disney parks and DTD as our flight wasn’t until the evening. It’s probably one of the best ‘last days’ we’ve had.

We drove to Epcot so the children could ride to space again. DH and I waited for them where the Mission:Space game is played. The Dream Team were out and about and every couple of games were handing out lanyards and pins to all the players. We all played when the children came out and it was a Dream Team game woo hoo

We head to the Land for an early lunch at 11.30 because we hadn’t had brekkie…..not before M:Space lol Great value and quality food here. DD loved her salmon, I enjoyed the vegetable sandwich, DS had the rotisserie chicken and DH had a couple of side salads (knowing he’d polish off mine and DS’s meals…..couldn’t prise DDs food off her )

We drove onto Magic Kingdom and caught the Monorail into the park. Ds had a yearning to be Buzz again today so we grabbed Fastpasses before heading over to Goofy’s Barnstormer and Donald’s boat so we headed that way on the lovely quiet path by the side of Space Mountain. (We also made a detour to the ATM in Space Mountain – for info there were no charges to my Nationwide current account).

It was time to leave Magic Kingdom because the children wanted to spend a little time in Downtown Disney as we hadn’t really ‘done’ it much this year. We lunched at the Earl of Sandwich and made our purchases from Goofy’s Candy Co.

Disney Quest

Guess this comes under Disney parks too? We were thinking of spending a few hours here but we were there from when it opened until about 10ish! Other than DH and I leaving for and hour or so we spent the whole time in there. We just lost all sense of time as there is no natural daylight. It almost came as a shock when we got outside to find it was dark! Guess you could say we enjoyed it

Old 25 Aug 07, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post

good overall report on all the parks, you got alot in.you must have really enjoyed dq to be in there all day really used your tickets well espeically on your last day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 07, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Great YOMD Lanyard & Pins

Jodie
Old 26 Aug 07, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report.
Old 26 Aug 07, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Love your lanyards and pins
Old 27 Aug 07, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Lovely photos
Old 27 Aug 07, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Nice report
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 07, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

You've got some great pictures there!