Old 27 Feb 09, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerfan144
Imagineer

tiggerfan144's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
And Becky makes four

Cast

Andrea (me) 43. Dibb lanyard wearer. Tigger fan. Not keen on coasters but getting braver. Pays for everything. Fave park Magic Kingdom

Melanie (DD) 20. Mad on Tinkerbell and Eeyore and Jack Sparrow. Nickname Tinkermel. Loves all rides but not keen on TOT. Mad on Disney traditions so expecting to bring a few back especially if they have ones that are not available over here.

Megan (DD1) 15 but 16 while away. Loves Winnie the Pooh and all coasters. Going to try Summit plummit this holiday. gets gcse results day before her 16th birthday so having to arrange someone to text us the results lol. Fave park Doesnt have one

Becky (DD'SF) 17 1st visit. Princess mad. Mad in general really lol and can be loud (Very loud). Busy buying loads of clothes so much so that she wont have money to spend on holiday. Accident prone we will be lucky if there is not a trip to a doctors while there. Doesnt do shorts apparently or trainers so dread to think what she is going to be wearing but will be a laugh as she is not very lady like lol> At times we will have to pretend she is not with us. Fave Park Never been so hasnt got one

Recent Holidays

1995 – Howard Johnson Maingate West (Near where splendid china was)
1997 – Villa (with brother and sis in law and 3 nieces)
1999 – Gateway Inn (Since had at least 2 name changes lol)
2000 – Sheraton World (Near Seaworld and also had name change since)
2002 – Rodeway Inn (Opposite wet and wild suited us)
2004 – Springhill Suites (Very nice)
2006 – Caribbean Beach/Crowne Plaza/Royal Pacific (1st time on Disney property then onto the Crowne another very nice hotel with a 1 night stay at rpr)

This will be our 8th Visit but Beckys 1st. We have been holidaying in Florida since 1995. This was with my daughters and husband who had been diagnosed with terminal cancer so we wanted to take the girls on a holiday of a lifetime never thinking we would go back. Two years later went back with my brother and his family and we stayed in a Villa. Next 3 times i visited with the girls and took my sister as didnt want to travel on my own with 2 children. It wasnt i was afraid to go alone it was on the off chance one of us one be ill so didnt want us all confined to a hotel bedroom. Did need my sister a few times when i suffered migraines so worked out well. Plus im not a coaster fan so my sister went on with my eldest and as my youngest got older went on with both. 2006 was our last time there and we took my friends daughter (the sister of the girl going with us this time around) who had never been and as her parents dont like flying would never of had the chance for a while. This was also our 1st time staying in a Disney hotel. Becky is going this time with us. What can i saw about her well she is excitable, loud and can be accident prone. We have all said we are not sitting next to her on ridea or we will come off deaf. I am really looking forward to seeing her excitement at the characters though as she will be the biggest kid there although we still like the interaction with the characters it is a bit of we have done it before but with Becky she hasnt. So we are in the planning mode at the moment.

We are staying a week at Animal kingdom lodge then was moving onto Rodeway Inn(i know quite a big come down but was more for cheapness) but we managed to get the cheap week at Hard Rock Hotel through Netflights so thats going to be great as originally we were just going to do the 1 night for folp. My youngest turns 16 when we are there so she is excited about the Disney giftcard to spend. I have also just booked Discovery Cove. My eldest daughter is paying for herself to do the trainer for a day while we are there and i rang and asked if she would be able to do one of her swims with us and after checking i was told she could and they would make a note of it im just hoping this is correct as i want a family in the water with the dolphin. There will be surprises along the way but as my daughter could read this i cant say too much lol. Im just getting so excited now as when we booked it was over 400 days to go. We are only going August as my eldest is at uni and youngest takes her GCSE'S this year so it was a case of trying to fit it in. Did think of only going on a european holiday but then eldest daughter wouldnt have wanted to go so Florida ensures she does lol.

Hope i have not bored you too much if anybody is still reading now. Il update as and when i book things.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/plan...p?u=6860&p=233

Howard Johnson Maingate west (1995), Villa (1997), Gateway Inn (1999), Sheraton World (2000), Rodeway Inn (2002), Springhill Suites (2004), Caribbean Beach/Crowne Plaza (2006) AKL/HRH/Rodeway inn (2009)

And Becky makes four

Edited at 05:17 PM.
tiggerfan144 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 09, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a great trip Andrea. You will love Animal Kingdom Lodge! Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 09, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerfan144
Imagineer

tiggerfan144's Reviews
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
Sounds like a great trip Andrea. You will love Animal Kingdom Lodge! Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Cant wait to see it. Just looking at the pictures and it looks fantastic so cant wait to see it close up

Howard Johnson Maingate west (1995), Villa (1997), Gateway Inn (1999), Sheraton World (2000), Rodeway Inn (2002), Springhill Suites (2004), Caribbean Beach/Crowne Plaza (2006) AKL/HRH/Rodeway inn (2009)

And Becky makes four
tiggerfan144 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 09, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerfan144
Imagineer

tiggerfan144's Reviews
14 day Ultimate tickets booked through virgin before price change £183

Seats booked on plane 42A 42B 42C 42D these are three next to the wndow and 1 across the aisle. Chose these are i do not like sitting in the 4 across the middle but whether Virgin think as a family of we should and so move us we will see. Hope they dont.

Booked discovery cove for August 29th day after my daughters birthday as she wanted to do Disney on her birthday. Eldest daughter is paying for herself to do the trainer for a day so all tickets were booked direct with Discovery cove. We just went for the tickets with Seaworld free.

Things left to do is buy Universal tickets and book my Quicksilver transfers.

And Becky makes four
Old 3 Mar 09, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Enjoyed your report. Hope your daughter has an amazing birthday.

Have a fab trip
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 09, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerfan144
Imagineer

tiggerfan144's Reviews
Thanks for that. I hope so too. just got comfirmation from Discovery cove this morning for 3 of us lol. Eldest daughters trainer for day not on the comfirmation so im hoping because it is different that it will come separately. If not will ring them in a few days

And Becky makes four
Old 10 Mar 09, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerfan144
Imagineer

tiggerfan144's Reviews
All comfirmations from Discovery cove arrived. All came in separate envelopes which youngest daughter has pinched one of them as it has dolphin picture on it and has blue tacked it to my wall lol

And Becky makes four
Old 17 Mar 09, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerfan144
Imagineer

tiggerfan144's Reviews
Quicksilver transport all booked now. Airport to hotel and back again. My countdown seems to be going so slowly now lol. Althought when i 1st booked it was over 400 days to go

And Becky makes four
Old 17 Mar 09, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Your getting organised now eh ... surprises along the way how exciting

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 09, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerfan144
Imagineer

tiggerfan144's Reviews
Originally Posted by voddygirl View Post
Your getting organised now eh ... surprises along the way how exciting
As long as i remember to organise everything lol.

passports are due for renewal aswell

And Becky makes four

Edited at 12:26 PM.