Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sarah and Rachel do Hawaiifornia, July 2009 - Day 7

The cast:

Me (Sarah) 24 – Disney addict and holiday planner extraordinaire

Rachel, 21 – Lover of sleeping in late and not doing a lot else. Partial to a little Disney. Oh, and my little sister.

Day 7 – Last day in San Francisco
Sunday 19th July

I can’t remember what time we got up this morning but I do know we went back to Hollywood Cafe for breakfast! Mmmm, mmm, mmm. I had waffles this time with another huge pile of fresh fruit. We also sat outside as it was another lovely day.

After breakfast we wondered down to the Powell and Hyde cable car in preparation to hit the Union Square shops. This time the shops wouldn’t know what had hit them, as Rach was back to full health!
The queue was long again, but that was ok as it was lovely and sunny so we could chat and admire the view No pictures here though, as the Golden Gate bridge was shrouded in fog again.

Half way round I realised that neither of us had remembered to put sun cream on that morning and we were probably getting fried! So clever old me thought it would be a bright idea to run back to Walgreens and pick up some suncream, and why not pick up a MacDonalds for lunch on the way?!

Except that Walgreens and Mcds were much further down Fisherman’s Wharf than I realised and Rach phoned me while I was getting the food, shouting, “Quick!, come back – we are on the next cable car”

Uh oh!

Suffice to say running back down a crazily busy Fisherman’s Wharf with 2 meals, 2 drinks, those silly pots of ketchup you have to pump yourself and a bottle of sun cream was probably not a good look for me!

I get back to the cable car line queue, volt over the barrier (still carrying the above mentioned items!) and SCORE! We are first in line for the next cable car! We tuck in to our lunch until,

“I got some bad news for you eaters and drinkers...” the cable car operator informed us. We weren’t allowed food or drink on the cable car

So we had to throw the drinks away and hold the food It was cold when we got to Union Square.

We did the shops around Union Square justice for a few hours. Old Navy and Bloomingdales got the best of our credit cards, I think! Then we queued again for the cable car back:

We took lots of pictures this time as we knew it would be our last cable car ride of this visit:

Back at Fisherman’s Wharf, we decided to have our last supper on the Wharf at an Italian (Can’t remember the name, sorry!) Which was just ok, but there was a lovely view of the sun setting over the bay while we were eating:

After that, it was back to pack as we were flying to Hawaii tomorrow.

Tomorrow: San Francisco to Honolulu.
Old 2 Sep 09, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkers
Imagineer

looks like you had a lovely day shopping, can't wait for tomorrow. You are making me think "should we add Hawaii to our trip next year".

Hilton Head April 2018
China & Japan Sept 2018
Portugal Oct 18
Tinkers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 09, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Brilliant shopping day ladies
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 09, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

A great way to spend a day! Looking forward to reading about Hawaii!
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 09, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Laughing at you running with all that stuff! Another good day!
i seem to be reading these all out of sequence
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 09, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I loved Union Square! Really looking forward to the Hawaii part!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 09, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkers View Post
looks like you had a lovely day shopping, can't wait for tomorrow. You are making me think "should we add Hawaii to our trip next year".
You should do it Suzanne, its amazing!
Old 4 Sep 09, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Great shopping day and lol about your running with your arms full, then having to throw your drinks away! I am going to add Hollywood Cafe to my list of food places, that pic that you posted in an earlier day did look delicious!

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 09, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Another good day. I also chuckled at the thought of you running along Fisherman's Wharf with all the food. It's hard enough just walking with the crowds there. I have enjoyed your stay in San Francisco
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 09, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.

We went to Honolulu as part of ou Honeymoon... looking forward to reading more.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List