Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Don't Squeeze Me I've Had A Cocktail - Day 13

Day Thirteen - Friday 2nd April 2010

Cast Members:

Me (Pam) - Trip co-ordinator and frustrated travel agent, Non-rider, people-watcher and official cocktail consumer

DH (Bill) - Captain of the GB snoring team, laid back enough to go along with all holiday arrangements made by me and big ride partner of

DD (Olivia) - Our very own yakking yeti, Dibb celebrity, soft toy collector, trainee stalker and all round great company

Report today will be short and sweet and apologies for the low number of photos! We had the ultimate lazy day today!

We all had a bit of a lie-in and then didn’t rush once we were up! We had some breakfast and went out and did some shopping. We went to LBV Outlets and I bought some things for Livi in VF and also picked up some things in Van Huesen. We had a look in the new Disney Outlet at the top end near Osh Kosh and id did seem to be better stocked than the one that was down the other end. Didn’t buy anything there. Livi had a look in Claire’s and went to the bookshop with Bill whilst I looked in Osh Kosh and Gap. Got some really nice shorts and t-shirts for Liv in Gap which all had reductions on top of reductions so that was good and she should be stocked up for any summer we may get this year!

After this we were feeling a bit peckish and it was getting quite late - around 2pm - see I told you we had slobbed around today! We all voted for Earl Of Sandwich so off we went to Downtown Disney. One advantage to coming in so late was that the place was very quiet - even quieter than October! We ordered our food and got a table outside. For a change I ordered the chicken Caesar wrap and it was very good, Bill I think had the Original and Livi had the kids grilled cheese. Bill had some coleslaw and Livi and I split a brownie although I do think she won out of the deal in terms of amount of cake on her ‘half’!

Livi went off for a look in the toy shop and we finished our drinks and followed her in there. BY the time we got there she had made a Mr Potato Head. I bought a couple of books, one about the people behind the names on the window on Main St and one about imagineers.

We came out and walked back to the car and you know who was asking about the pool again so there was nothing else for it, we headed home.

Bill took Liv to the pool and I got on with a bit of ironing as we were fast running out of clothes despite wearing the new ones to avoid ironing and then I had a nice cold drink and a read of my new books on the balcony.

My little crane friend came back around for some more rye bread so I fed him for a while. Bill & Liv came back so Livi got to feed him too which she was very pleased about. Apologies for the photo - Bill hasn’t quite got the knack of getting my thin side yet!

When it came to eating we had such a lazy day that no-one could really be bothered getting ready and going out to eat so it was decided that a Chinese would be a good idea.

We got the menu out and despatched Bill to the Bamboo Wok while Livi and I set the table. We had more than enough food as usual but were very good this time and didn’t order enough to feed a small European nation. The food was good and we were all completely stuffed!

We had a real veg out evening in front of the TV. Livi went up to her room to watch yet more Disney channel episodes of something he has probably seen 100 times and I did a bit of Dibbing and surfing and I even managed to get us an ADR for Chefs de France for lunch tomorrow - couldn't quite believe I got that this close to Easter!

We turned in fairly early as we’re back in park mode tomorrow with Epcot looming large and a 9am opening time.

Edited at 09:01 PM.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 10, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ooh those sandwiches look yummy. Love the photos of the Sandhill Crane

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 10, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Sounds like a very relaxing shopping day.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 10, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I think lazy days are a great feature of a fantastic holiday! Great report
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 10, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkers
Imagineer

What a lovely day, still not been to Earl of Sandwich. But on my list for August

Hilton Head April 2018
China & Japan Sept 2018
Portugal Oct 18
Tinkers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 10, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

A very relaxing day.
Sandwiches look good.
Old 10 May 10, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Ye cant beat a relaxing day ...lots of fun !

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 10, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
frazers mum
Imagineer

Love Earl of Sandwich When we were there last year I bought a book about the Imagineers of MK and found it such a good read that, last night i ordered the Imagineers of AK and Epcot. Can't wait to get them!
Disneyland Paris - May 2003, May 2017
frazers mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 10, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ambersmom
Imagineer

ambersmom's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mmmm dont ya just love the Earl, they do look good, as nice relaxing chilling day

Orl 90, Orl Clwtr 90, Orl 2000, Orl&ST Pt's 2001, Ky West Orl 02, Ftldale Orlando Naples 03, Orl, Clwater 04, Orlando Xmas 04, Miami Ft Myrs Orlando 05, Ftld Orlando 06, Orl 06, Orl Clwter 07 OrlXmas 07 Orlandoctr 08 OrlandoXmas 08 Orl 09 Orl 10 Orl Xmas 10
ambersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 10, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Sarnies look great, Pam. Nice to have a relaxing day for a change.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List