Old 10 Mar 11, 03:34 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our 1st DVC Stay - LIVE - March 2011 - Day 3

Another so so nights sleep (why does it take me so long to get used to a different bed?) saw us both awake around 8am this morning and we decided not to rush as we were headed back to Epcot for another lunch reservation - this time at Germany's Biergarten. We eventually headed out to Artist's Palette for breakfast around 9-30am and I'll be honest and say I hardly noticed the new resort mugs this morning grrrrrr! Bagel with cream cheese for us both this morning with DH also opting for the Oatmeal. It was much busier today and DH queued for ages to get his Oatmeal and then I forgot to tell the guy on the till that we were on the dining plan so ended up paying - oh well 3 snack credits saved for another time!

Another tedious wait for the bus (at least it was warm today though) and the Epcot bus arrived after we had seen 3 different AK buses and every other park bus once and again lots of people were waiting for the Epcot bus - I did manage to get a seat this morning although again it was full by the time everyone got on. We have never used Disney transport before and I'm sure there must be a better way to organise it. By that I mean the waiting - you can be almost the first one there (as we were yesterday) but there is no 'queueing' so potentially a person who has just walked up to the bus stop as it pulls up can get on without any wait regardless if you have been there 20 minutes. I am also finding it frustrating that on packed buses, small children are not picked up by parents and put on laps - they have their own seat. I realise this may be controversial for you parents reading but this is just my opinion and just something I see and it frustrates me... moan over!

The new tag line for the current year:

We arrived at a much quieter than yesterday Epcot and had to first renew DH's annual pass as it has expired yesterday. I have realised that on yesterdays report I missed an attraction that we went on - Captain EO which is currently showing in the 'Honey I Shrunk the Audience' theatre. Well, I'll be honest I forgot to add it in because it was so...well, fogettable. It was a 20 minute sit down in the warm!

The weather was much warmer today with a possible high of 78 which is close to the all time record for this day - we were here the same two weeks last year and it couldn't have been more different! We stopped to watch the Epcot Jammin Gardeners who were very good - the rap section and the wearing of a trowel as bling was funny. If you've never seen them, they perform music and singing using gardening equipment as the instruments. I'm sure year round they perform under different guises.

A meander round the world showcase in reverse from yesterday and we stopped by Mexico and rode the Three Caballeros..Donald Duck is just such a good character - naughty but in a cheeky way. San Angel Inn looked as busy as always - I thought it might suffer having the new Cantina and Hacienda just across the walkway but it would seem not. The menu at the Hacienda looks very nice - it's on our list for next time!

We arrived in Germany and checked in for our ADR and the wait was much shorter than yesterday - about 10 minutes and we were seated inside the Biergarten. We shared a table with a group of six others all visiting from Louisiana and found out from them that it was a holiday week there and the children are off school for Mardi Gras which explains why it seems like every other person we see is in the purple and gold of a Louisiana sports team (LSU) and are wearing Mardi Gras breads!

Both DH and I really enjoyed the meal here - it is buffet style with a selction of salads, meats, sausages all authentic to Germany (except maybe the mac and cheese which seems obligatory at all Disney resturants) and the drinks (even soft ones) are served in old fashioned english working mens club pint pots (I hope you know what I mean - I'm sure they have a proper name! ). Shortly after we started eating the German band came on for a short set and that just added to the atmosphere.

We would both not hesitate to eat here again and recommend it - my favourite meal of the trip so far!

As we left Germany the boat to go back to Mexico was in so we hopped on for the short trip back to the beginning of the world showcase and continued on looking at floral displays and wandering through 'Mouse Gear' which is a huge shop before stopping for a ride on Spaceship Earth and leaving the park. We timed it just right getting to the bus stop as a bus pulled straight in and we were soon back at the pool bar at SSR ordering cocktails... this is one habit I like. DH tried a Pina Colava (that's not a mistake it is a Colova) which tasted just like rasperry ripple ice cream but with a kick and I had something which I can't remember the name of but it had Bacardi Dragon Berry, cranberry juice and lime in it and was very pleasant! We both relaxed our legs and feet in the Hot Tub and drank our cocktails before getting another one (!) to take back to the room with us.

Another couple of hours passed with me posting yesterdays report and making a start on writing this one and uploading photos ready for posting. This live trip report malarkey is taking quite a it of time but I'll keep going while I can!

Another lazy dinner at Artist's Palette where DH had Smith Stack half sandwich and a cup of chilli and I had a tomato and mozzarella salad before retiring to our room for the night. Up tomorrow a baseball game at ESPN wide world of sports and dinner at Kona cafe.

Here are a few more Epcot photos:

margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 11, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mandy_mccormac
Imagineer

Love the pictures, and still really enjoying the daily report, dibbing here in bed before i get up for work.
Thanx for taking the time Mandy x
Old 10 Mar 11, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking time out of your holiday to post. Sounds another excellent day

Out of curiosity would it be possible to have a picture of this much loved refillable mug you keep on about

Not being controversial here, just wondering what it looks like
Old 10 Mar 11, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
jill8933
Excited about Disney

jill8933's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Helen were loving your live report...

Wheres your foody pics, and resort pics

were so jealous

looking forward to day 4
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=480808
jill8933 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 11, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola34
Very Serious Dibber

Another great day, enjoy your holiday
07 - Calabay Parc 08 - Calabay Parc 09 - Bridgewater @ Town Centre Crossing 09 - Westridge 11- Marbella North 12- Westridge 13- Westridge 14- Westridge 15- Calabay@Tower Lake 16- Calabay @Tower Lake 17- Calaby@Tower Lake 18- Champions Resort
Lola34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 11, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
vsav4
Very Serious Dibber

vsav4's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
we go soon and are really enjoying reading your trippie!
Its our first time so its getting us even more excited!
Hope you have a fab day!
Old 10 Mar 11, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Love your photo's and your reports. Keep them coming, but also don't worry if you can't.

Have a good day today.
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 11, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

Really enjoying your live trippie enjoy the rest of your holiday

Sharon
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 11, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Loving the live reports, cheers my train journey into work of a morning! Huge respect for spending time on your hoilday do them! Have a lovely time x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 11, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
sounds like a great day