Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 22 Sep 12, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

OMG We went on Wednesday! Disneyland Paris Day 2 Part 2

... Continued

(Please excuse the lack of photos from here on in, our camera was running out of battery and I'd forgotten the charger - rookie mistake!)

We headed out of Disneyland Park towards the Studios. First stop needed to be hotdogs as we were getting a touch hungry. We found the same van on the way to Rock n Rollercoaster, and the hotdogs were again a hit as they were last time but we didn't get them in a bag! It was devastating!

We sat and ate, then for some reason decided to go and experience Armageddon... well at least we can say we did it. We came out and headed to Tower of Terror - pretty much the household's favourite ride. We'd picked up fast passes earlier so straight to the fastpass line... just as they closed the gates! We looked a little perplexed at the cast members, all they could tell us was it was broken... thanks guys we figured that bit out for ourselves! They said we could redeem our fastpasses at a later time with no issues so we went to Rock n Rollercoaster. Turns out this was broken too! It was starting to get a little strange...

We headed to Toy Story Playland, and there were a LOT of people milling around. Not one ride in the whole place was working! I voiced the fact it looked like it was a power cut throughout the whole park, and turns out I was right! The music was still working but power to all rides had been lost - brilliant! We got to witness a man of what looked like to be middle eastern decent absolutely giving out to a poor cast member in front of RC Racer - yes I understand them loosing power is unacceptable but pick your battled - the guy that welcomes you to RC Racer is not the one to blow your top to! Just as he stalked off to go and find a manager to get his €60 entry fee back for each of his family members, RC Racer came back online, result! We raced along the scaletrics queue, which I thought was awesome, and walked on the ride. Love this one, so giggly! It's weird how you leave your stomach behind when you are going backwards but not forwards...

Assuming the rest of the park would come back online at the same time we went to ToT to see if we could use our fastpasses yet but it was still down, so we headed to Crush. It wasn't yet working either, but just as we were deciding on the next plan of action it came up, so we bolted down the queue, yay! Love Crush, one of my favourite rides. After Crush, ToT was finally back up so we got on it for the first time today, much to Paul's delight, it's his favourite ride by far. Back to Aerosmith and it was up too, yay! We got loaded into the brackets for the back two rows, but then stood there for a good 10 minutes watching empty car after empty car go past... looks like one of the cars was malfunctioning and they were running diagnostics - there was a lot of important looking guys pressing a lot of important looking buttons - you know if I have to wait 10 mins to be on a safe ride I really don't mind! The ride was great but it lacked music, and it really changed the atmosphere - I wasn't a fan.

Sarah would like it mentioned at this point that a woman walked past her and knocked her arm into a wall, she's got a huge bruise just above her wrist, and she wanted to punch said woman. We went back to Tower of Terror to give that another go which was awesome as always. We had a great CM on this ride, had the whole elevator in stitches. After this we wandered back towards Toy Story Playland, we were just killing time until 6pm which was our nominated dinner time. As we were killing time I suggested Parachute Drop... oh my goodness a bit of a malarkey this ride! Never seen anything that takes so long to load! The CM looking after the loading wasn't telling anyone where to sit, so if you weren't quick enough you couldn't sit with your party members. When they questioned him he shrugged, something I've never seen a Disney CM do, not a credit to the company was Mickel!

When we finally got off this ride, we headed out through more shops to Annette's for dinner.
Well I was a very popular young lady for suggesting this place for dinner! We were seated straight away - seems 6pm is a good time to arrive. They took our orders and our Hash Browns arrived pretty much straight away, we were starving so they were demolished in about 20 seconds after they hit the table! I ordered the cheese and bacon burger, Sarah the Onion burger with no cheese and no sauce, and Paul the blue cheese burger. Unfortunately Sarah's arrived with sauce but they took it back and got it fixed pretty quickly. She was happy, mine was yummy, and Paul was just in heaven. He rates it as one of the best burgers he's ever eaten... ever.

He ended up slicing the burger into tiny slivers and eating them one by one just so it would take longer and it wouldn't end, it was very cute! Sarah and I both had chocolate shakes and Paul had a coke, so it worked out that one of us got the menu, so we shared the brownie that came after. It was just right, I think one brownie each would have been too much!
After dinner we did the whole wander through the shops thing again, then headed back into Disneyland to stake our claim on some gutter for Dreams, via the 20 sign again as it was lit up and all sparkly!

Sarah and I wanted to look at jewellery so we sent Paul in search of said gutter while we found the cart that had the ring I wanted to look at. Decided against the purchase, will get one to commemorate my solo trip to Orlando for Emz wedding next month. We found Paul pretty easily, he was right on the rope of the reserved area, result! It was just after 7.30 at this point - Paul and I sat, Sarah went wandering through shops again and grabbed us a drink to share. The crowds descended...
The reserved area wasn't full so they removed one of the ropes, and the crowds surged forward. We maintained our spot pretty well but I got a silly woman in front of me when I had a front row view... angry face! As for Dreams - WOW. I was blown away. It felt like Wishes mixed with Magic Memories and Me, but cooler! We all loved it and so glad we planned for time to watch the show, simply amazing.

After it finished we decided to go back to Disneyland Hotel to do the majority of our purchases, everything we wanted was in this shop pretty much! We also hadn't seen the soap dispenser we wanted for our bathroom set anywhere else. We ended up with the soap dispenser, tooth brush holder and three hand towels. I also got a pair of mickey studs, we got Paul a writing portfolio for work, Sarah got a ruck sack, the colourful one with a million mickey heads, and a stuffed Pluto, she fell in love with that toy like you wouldn't expect a 16 year old to!

Love Sarah's photobomb on this one!

Purchases in hand we headed for the bus stop back to the Dream Castle. We were all completely knackered! I think we stayed awake long enough to set the alarm and say goodnight, then it was lights out, all out!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 12, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
What a fab day! I know what you mean about the loading for parachute drop though! Such a ridiculous load system... it takes ages and it just slows the whole thing down and makes the whole thing take far longer than required.

The photobomb did make me chuckle xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 12, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
I have the exact same pluto!... I was 24 when i fell in love with him :P

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 12, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
What a fab day! I know what you mean about the loading for parachute drop though! Such a ridiculous load system... it takes ages and it just slows the whole thing down and makes the whole thing take far longer than required.

The photobomb did make me chuckle xx
I've never experienced anything like it Diane it was just insane! All they need to do is number the parachutes and load it the same kind of way they do ToT, simple!

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
I have the exact same pluto!... I was 24 when i fell in love with him :P
Haha thats great Hannikins, I'll tell Sarah she's not alone! xxx
Old 23 Sep 12, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post

loving your report ...
we go in november and i carnt wait not been for 2 years so very very excited , i also have that very same pluto and was 33 when i fell in love with it.. ...x
Old 15 Oct 12, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
What a wonderful day and you did so much! Love the purchases and so glad you love Dreams...I love Annette's too!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 13, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lauz
Imagineer

How weird to have all the rides go down at once! Sounds like a great day though!
lauz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List