Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Jul 13, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

The “We Can’t Miss Dunkin Donuts Out This Time” Trip! June 2013 - Travel Day

So here's my trip report, I'm still finishing up little bits from each day, but here's our travel day. Enjoy

Travel Day

Not a lot to report from travel day, we started the day getting up at 7am, ready to leave at 9. We were driving ourselves to the airport and picking up one of the girls in Warrington. We were late leaving! (Aren't we always?) We pulled up at departures at 10:30 and the nice chap from the meet and greet car park came to take our car away

No queue at bag drop, bonus! 5 minutes and we're on our way to security. No queue here either! 5 minutes to get through; however my mum did set the alarms off due to her having a knee replacement five years ago. She had to go and stand in well... a big glass box, is the only way I can describe it, a big thing spun round her and everything was good. Hollie also set the alarms off, we’re not entirely sure why, but the woman asked her how old she was and she said 23! She is actually only 22 and it’s not her birthday till Saturday! Someone’s getting a bit ahead of themselves We collected our bags and went off in search of food.

Table found in Burger King big enough for the six of us. If I remember correctly, I had a cheeseburger, chips & Tropicana. Matthew had a sweet chilli chicken wrap, chips and water. Then mum and dad had a large cappuccino each. £16! I think Hollie and Vicky both had the same as me. I like burger king but I do think it is expensive for what it is.

Boarding was starting at half 12 so we had a little wander round duty free; I managed to walk right into one of the display cabinets! I'm so clumsy, luckily I didn't break anything. (I hope this won’t be a regular occurrence during the holiday) Boarding started about 1pm in the end if I remember correctly, and we were last to board since we were at the front of economy. We seemed to stand for ages & ages watching everyone get on. Finally we were on the plane. It was called Hot Lips and I was actually very impressed, last time we went to Orlando, we had the old entertainment system and the old red seats, basically a shed on wheels as my Dad describes it, so I was very impressed by the fact I could now watch something from the start and not half way through.

I watched Alan Carr Chatty Man, 16 kids and counting and embarrassing I know but good luck Charlie and Jessie! I wasn't fussed on the films. I think I watched a little bit of This Is 40 but I saw it at the pictures and didn’t find it very funny. Food was good too; we all had Sausage, Peas and Mash. The sandwich they brought later on wasn't much cop but I ate it. We had a whole load of sweets and stuff on the plane too which we’d brought with us.

The guy in the background with sunglasses on his head, obviously wanted to be in the picture

Matthew was sat behind me, both by the window and yes like a muppet I turned around and took a snap through the small gap!

We landed an hour early, hurray! First off after Premium and the Bubble, straight through immigration within about ten minutes, we had a nice guy who chatted to us a bit. He was chatting to Vicky about football; he thought she supported Man U, because she’s from there, how wrong could he be. She’s a Liverpool supporter through and through. Once Vicky had finished he called Hollie over by calling her Vicky’s friend! Our bags came off straight away and we headed off to the car hire. Picked ourselves a nice 7 seater dodge. Really impressed that all that only took us about 40/50mins! Last time we were here it took us an hour just to get through immigration.

We took a quick trip to Walmart for the essential toiletries and food and then we head back to the villa to eat. Now when we stayed here last time we didn't use the oven, so it took us a good while to figure out how it actually turned on. When we did manage to turn it on, we popped our pizzas in and one of them came out completely and utterly burnt on the base, so much that we couldn't eat it! I tried hitting it against the worktop and it was that burnt, it didn’t break or anything! After dinner we just unpacked and headed to bed.

We were all in bed by 10:30. SeaWorld tomorrow

Day 1 - Seaworld

Edited at 06:23 PM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Great start! The ovens are a nightmare as the element is on the bottom, I've had so many burnt pizza's till we worked out to pre heat the oven and then put the pizza on the top shelf away from the element. Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Great start! The ovens are a nightmare as the element is on the bottom, I've had so many burnt pizza's till we worked out to pre heat the oven and then put the pizza on the top shelf away from the element. Pussycat
Thank you haha yeah we realised afterwards that what we were supposed to do. We didn't use the oven again though
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wahoo! Love a new trip report... bring on some more

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Nice travel day there, great start - I hope you didn't keep walking into things either !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Great start

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

doh I missed the travel day!

Great start to the holiday
Old 2 Jul 13, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Good start... a nice, calm travel day (apart from walking into things)

Is there a pre-trippie, or a day before this one that I've missed?

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Good start... a nice, calm travel day (apart from walking into things)

Is there a pre-trippie, or a day before this one that I've missed?
Yep there's a pre-trippie somewhere, I'll go find it and add it to the index