Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Sep 14, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
aydeepee
VIP Dibber

aydeepee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 7
Are there any drawbacks of buying an ipad in the US - as far as using it in the UK?

Sorry if this is a 'well worn topic'

I plan to buy an iPad whilst in the US next month. Will it need any special modifications to work in the UK?

1993 - I-Drive & Clearwater / 1996 - I-Drive / 2006 - DLP / 2007 - I-Drive / 2008 - I-Drive & RPR / 2009 - I-Drive & RPR (again!) / 2011 - RPR / 2013 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2014 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2016 - RPR & Beach Club...again (Greatest Hits Tour!) / Sept 2019 - Silver Wedding Anniversary - Capes and Parks Tour / Sept 2022 - Cape, Beach & Parks + IAN! / Sept 2024 - hoping to avoid Ian v2 *
aydeepee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 14, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
you need to get the UK adapter for the charger, and depending upon which one you buy, declare it if it's over the customs limit on arrival into UK.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 14, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi aydeepee, we were thinking of getting one but when we looked on Walmart and converted $ to £ there wasn't much of a saving. Do you have anywhere in mind for buying yours? Thanks
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 14, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Buy it's

Use buy it a put it in your bag an one home lads cheaper
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 14, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Hi, works fine and the only difference is the plug so you don't need to change the charger- the charger lead has USB on one end so all you need is a plug that accepts a USB from pretty much any smarphone these days, or charge from a Pc/USB charger.

Warranty is also valid in UK.
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 14, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
Hi aydeepee, we were thinking of getting one but when we looked on Walmart and converted $ to £ there wasn't much of a saving. Do you have anywhere in mind for buying yours? Thanks
I guess it depends on the model, I saved just under £100 by buying out there (admittedly customs weren't declared).
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 14, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
matt71
slightly serious Dibber

No different if you buy wifi only version! Apart from plug everything is the same!

In fact using mine now that I bought a couple of years a go

2012 Orlando- Two weeks of Golfing fun
2013 Orlando- Two weeks of Golf, Shopping and Parks
2014 Orlando- Two more weeks of Golf and Touring
matt71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 14, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Buy a refurbished one from Apple store. Order it from the website to collect in store. Refurbs are just as good as new, and still have the same warranty. Saves a fortune.

Third Gen iPad 16gb $269
Fourth Gen iPad 16gb $299

iPad mini 16gb $219
iPad mini retina 16gb $339

iPad Air 16gb $419

All of these will come in under the customs limit, so nothing to worry about there either. Obviously if you buy a more expensive one, then you would have to factor in the duty and see if it was still worth it
Old 7 Sep 14, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

I got the iPad Air last year, best used gadget in our house. Camera however is rubbish in the dark. It was a lot cheaper than buying it here at the time
Old 8 Sep 14, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by kitkat28 View Post
Buy a refurbished one from Apple store. Order it from the website to collect in store. Refurbs are just as good as new, and still have the same warranty. Saves a fortune.

Third Gen iPad 16gb $269
Fourth Gen iPad 16gb $299

iPad mini 16gb $219
iPad mini retina 16gb $339

iPad Air 16gb $419

All of these will come in under the customs limit, so nothing to worry about there either. Obviously if you buy a more expensive one, then you would have to factor in the duty and see if it was still worth it
Agreed - we have bought 3 this way in the past 12 months. 2 mini 16gb for daughters and 1 4th gen 16gb for work!
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread