Notices

Old 2 Apr 15, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Easter 2015 Day 5

Very sad to check out of the cabana Bay today. We all agreed this was our favourite hotel anywhere ever! We loaded the car up and drove the 2 minutes in the car to RPR. Checked in we left the luggage in the car as it was out if sight in the boot. The room wasn't ready so we collected our FOLPasses from the machines and headed into islands of A via the footpath. It was not far at all and a pleasant walk. Brings you out right next to the bridge by islands. The others rode hulk whilst i reactivated the coke freestyle cups $12.76 for both to have unlimited refills today.

They waited about 5 mins and the standby q was 45 mins. Then onto storm force acelatron whilst i watched feeling sick just watching as they made theirs spin faster than anyone's. They had no wait.

Next was Dr doom which only the girls and I rode. Standby said 10 mins and we were straight on. Onto spiderman standby was 45 and we waited 10 max. I felt a bit guilty passing people who had been waiting so long. Love these passes.

Avoided the wet rides today as we had denim shorts on and you get completely soaked on them.

New area being built.

The girls wanted to stand in the splash zone then changed their mind and ran.

Lunch in the burger digs a cheeseburger and chips. Hamburger and chips. Chicken sandwich and chips, 2 onion rings and 1 extra chips $42.33 all tasty and a great toppings bar where u put as much salad as u want on your burger.

On to Hogsmeade the themeing here is fantastic

And it was very busy.

It was really hot now. We rode dragon challenge then the others rode a second time whilst I queued for a frozen butterbeer. They were quicker than my queue! $6.50 for the drink it's delicious like a mild caramel slushy.

Got a whatsapp from home letting me know sparky is happy. Looks like he has taken over their sofa. Lol

Dragon challenge by the way was only 10 mins standby. Onto seuss land. I love the feel of this bit. So colourful and happy. We rode all the rides there. Q's about 40 mins but took us about 5 max!

Make no mistake u may bet more than splashed. I got soaked on this.

Large cookies and cream dippin dots $6.38

Soft ice cream waffle cone $4.89

Back to the hotel about 4.15 as not had the promised text with room number. Room was ready and close to reception. We didn't book a pool view but we got one but with lots of trees/bushes in the way. We can still see some parts of the pool though. The room is nice.

However, we prefer the cabana bay room. No fridge here just an expensive minibar with a warning not to keep your own drinks in there! No draws near the sink/mirror. No usb charge points and a lightbulb not working/tv remote not working.

All sorted fast when we called down. I think we've just been spoiled staying in the cabana as it's all new and immaculate.

Pool

More pool

I unpacked while the girls hit the pool. Had a little wander. The gym is more crowded with equipment here and you have to pay to use it. Free at the cabana. I don't use the equipment anyway so my room will do whilst here.

We headed back to the studios for dinner at the Leaky Couldron. It was busy in Diagon Alley but not that busy in the restaurant

3x sausage and mash 1x toad in the hole 1 x frozen butterbeer $54.27. All nice but uk sized portions so not enough to share. No sodas or normal drinks in here.

The themeing was excellent though. That's what you are paying for.

Leaky cauldron

Diagon alley

More

Popped over to ride the simpsons. Standby only 15 minutes now (8.50). Queues are not as bad as I exoected for easter week. However. The express passes are excellent. Back to the hotel as up super early tomorrow for Gringotts. 7am opening (prob means 6.45 then)!

Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Floridasun - 2 Apr 15 3:23 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Fab day again with lots done and some lovely sunshine thrown in as well. Anyone know what that is they are building near to Jurassic land?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Great day - I think you were spoiled with the first hotel as this one still looks lovely. That giant ice cream looks yummy (even here at 7am)
I think your pooch looks very relaxed on the sofa - I used to do FaceTime with my cats lol! Have a great day today xx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniefan
Proud to wear my Ears

Love the pics, leaky cauldron looks so cool. Don't be jealous but we went to bels diner for lunch on Monday! 😉😉. Looking forward to tomorrow's pics.
Minniefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another great day, your hotel room looks lovely, although missing a fridge is a bit of a bummer. Love the theming in the Leaky Cauldron - must pay it a visit. Looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 2 Apr 15, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
A great report again, your new hotel room looks lovely, think I prefer the modern minimal look of cabana bay though but the perks of where you are now with the passes are a bonus. Cannot wait until we are walking around universal, thanks for sharing your holiday I really enjoy trippies .
Here's to a great day today, enjoy x
PS the photo of the dog is very cute. . . My dog would've been on the sofa as soon as I turned the key in the door to leave
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Great day at IOA my fav park, great pics, your room does look nice, have a lovely day today looking forward to hearing about it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jewelsm
Proud to wear my Ears

The weather looks great, you all look to be having a great time
Jewelsm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 15, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

We fancied Cabana Bay, but thought the perk of the passes from RPR was needed with going over Easter, so have a night booked there. Glad you're having a great time.

Cant wait till we go!
Diane
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List