Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Another Amazing Adventure - Day 2 - 4th April 2016

We were up reasonably early on our first full day since arriving in Orlando, and so made use of EMH at Disney's Animal Kingdom. After a quick breakfast at CBR's food court we weren't early for EMH but still got some use out of it.

Just inside the entrance to AK was a Jungle Book sand sculpture advertising the new Disney film.

Our first view of the Tree of Life at AK. Even though it's EMH there were still a fair number of people in the park.

Hannah and Michelle decided to go on Expedition Everest first. I chickened out and elected myself Chief Rucksack Holder whilst they faced the disco yeti!

Looking at their grimacing faces in the backseats, I'm not sure they enjoyed their first ride of the day. (Actually they did).

Meanwhile I took some photos of the building work going on around the Rivers of Light stadium. Nearby is one half the seating and across the water in the distance is the other half.

Another, similar photo of the Rivers of Light area.

There looked like there was still plenty of work to do even though previews for RoL were due to start in a week or two. So it came as no surprise when Disney announced that the opening of the show was postponed from its original 22nd April date.

Also whilst waiting, I took a quick photo of this bus that was near the entrance to Expedition Everest.

Although there seemed to be a long queue for Everest (even during EMH), it moved quickly. So Hannah and Michelle had been on the ride and off within 15 minutes.

We walked around to Dinoland next...

Into the oft-maligned Dino-Rama area. There we went on our favourite ride at AK:

Primeval Whirl! So jerky, so spinny, so much fun. I think we may have gone on Dinosaur as well, although the photos for this appear later in the day.

I had planned things rather badly because now it was time for our fastpasses for the Kilimanjaro Safaris. So it was a bit of a trek towards the Africa section.

Along the way we saw some monkeys...

...more monkeys...

...and the backside of the Tree of Life.

Then it was time for our safari trip.

I'll just post a couple of photos taken on the safari. This was a bongo, I think.

And here is a giraffe munching some leaves.

It's arty 'cos it's tilted.

After the safari, we went to see It's Tough To Be A Bug. Michelle and I hadn't seen this 3D show in a while and I'm not sure whether Hannah had ever seen it (she couldn't remember it if she had). The queue area around the Tree of Life is very well done, as are all the carvings in the 'tree'.

A random picture of a bird that was in one of the trees.

This bird wasn't on one of the trails or in an enclosure or anything. It was just there in the park, free to go where it wanted. Makes a change from the sparrows and pigeons we get at home.

I think we went on Dinosaur again later. Here are those photos. One outside the ride...

...and one inside the building in the queue area.

It's a good ride, although it does throw you around a bit and may be a bit too intense for young children or those in Team Wimp.

Finally, a closer view of the Tree of Life. See if you can spot all the animal carvings.

I think we finished off our first full, if shorter, day by watching the Finding Nemo show and then went back to CBR. We were still tired from our long travel day the day before, so ate tea at CBR's foodcourt and then went to bed early.

Oh, wait. Here's a photo of us taken on the Dinosaur ride. We look scared!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Nimbus - 24 Apr 16 8:12 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I love AK, a good second day.
Old 25 Apr 16, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
D'oh! I forgot to add that we went to Disney Springs in the early evening. I didn't have any good photos from there, hence why I didn't mention it. Primarily, we wanted to pick up our $200 gift card but we also had a look around the shops. However Disney Springs was stupidly busy! It's so busy in the evening that it is not a nice experience at all and we never went back.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Great Day
Pavilion1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great day! I do love the Animal Kingdom

Imagine wimping out of Everest Hehe!
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Imagine wimping out of Everest Hehe!
I don't like the backwards bit. And I'm getting old.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 28 Apr 16, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Great Animal Kingdom day, we found Disney Springs was really busy in the evening too and with lots of boarding still up in the walkways it can get claustrophobic especially when trying to herd two kids through the crowds!

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 16, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day

Joan
Old 28 Apr 16, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by closeder View Post
Great Animal Kingdom day, we found Disney Springs was really busy in the evening too and with lots of boarding still up in the walkways it can get claustrophobic especially when trying to herd two kids through the crowds!
We looked around some of the shops in the Marketplace first and that wasn't too bad. But then as we walked further it just got busier and busier to the point that it was unpleasantly crowded. And this was a Monday evening, not a weekend.

Friends of ours tried to eat somewhere at DS but couldn't get in anywhere. They ended up leaving and eating offsite.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~