Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 May 17, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

An Impromptu Adventure, August 2016: Day 4 Last Universal Day and move to AKL

Today the alarm actually woke us, we must be getting used to the time difference. Olive Oil’s squeaky tones told us to have a lovely day and we started on the usual morning routine which, this morning, included packing the cases as this afternoon we would be heading over to Disney. We dropped the cases at bell services at 7am and headed to Orchid for a bagel breakfast, John noted that the bagels needed to be toasted twice in order to get any ‘toast’ on them, he failed, however, to note the price. I would imagine it to be somewhere around $10 or less.

On our way to the park we were overtaken by a woman we now refer to as ‘ponytail.’ She was powerwalking her family through the resort and was obviously on a schedule, as she marched her ponytail swished wildly. I love how we don’t feel this pressure to rush round anymore.

As we arrived we saw ‘ponytail’ was second in the queue for Gringotts – you go, Girl! We were on the ride by 8:02, on HE at 8:30 and FJ at 8:40 – pretty good early hour, methinks.

After our rides we bought a keychain for my cousin who was looking after our little angels back home. Then rode Spidey, Dr Doom, Hulks (where the lockers where absolutely chaotic!).

Next we recharged our cups and filled them twice because, once again, it was hot, hot, hot. After this we did the Raptor experience which had a 15 mins wait. It was cute, but we won’t be rushing back – bet it’s great with kids though.

We obviously weren't sure how this worked...

Better...

We then tamed a hippogriff, challenged both dragons and rode HE to DA all by 12:10! Phew, what a morning. What did I say earlier about rushing around? That said, it didn’t feel like we rushed anywhere.
We headed to Louie’s for lunch, I had cheese pizza combo and John had pepperoni pizza combo and we had a portion of breadsticks $28.20.

We then went for a last few ride on MIB, John got a whopping 781,850 and I achieved a measly 212,000.

Then we went for our last watch of the Horror Make Up show of the holiday, which was disappointing as the audience participation was rubbish. After that we headed to Minions where we bought some Minion tic tacs – which are still in the kitchen drawer – then onto Mummy and Transformers.

Then I decided I wanted the Maurders’ Map scarf, so we headed back to DA, but they didn’t have it – it’s on my list for this year. After that we headed out of the park picking up 2 of John’s tees for $88 and another on CW - after checking in the wardrobe John has taken the labels and worn 2 of the three...I'm shocked!

We’d not yet tried Stone Cold Creamery, so headed there and tried a ‘coffee lovers only’ for me and ‘chocolate heaven / overload’ (can’t remember exactly) for John $13.79. They were delicious and are definitely on the list for this year!

It was time to say goodbye to Universal and enter the Disney bubble so we ubered and Ric arrived to take us to Kidani.

Bye RPR, it's been great...

Ric had a fabulous car and was telling us how he’d moved from NYC and how he visits the parks nearly everyday. He said in Orlando he works less hours, has a bigger house and earns more money than he did in NYC.

Arriving at Kidani at 6pm we thanked Ric and John tipped him. Check in was wonderful as we were welcomed home, strictly speaking BLT is ‘home’ but we’ve stayed at AKL (Jambo and Kidani) 4 times before; it’s probably our second Disney home.

Our Fitbits counted 400 steps from the lobby to our room – which doesn’t sound a lot but it was miles. Our room number was 7664, we had a lovely view of the Savannah and arrived to view which included 2 giraffes, cattle and, er, bunnies? There was a cute child in the room above on the balcony shouting, “Hello Mr Animals.” I so look forward to the days when we have a little one who does things like that. We’ve faced some pretty dark times on our journey to becoming parents – and still are – but I’m confident one way or another we’ll get there.

My Hot Topic order was already in the room, so I ‘unpacked’ that and the rest of our things, as I was doing this our Garden Grocer delivery arrived. John tipped the bell man and we set about unpacking all the deliciousness we had ordered – I suspect we may have over ordered…again!

The view...

We wandered down to the lounge with the intention of getting a cocktail and maybe the bread service, but as it was dinner time (or tea time if you’re from ‘up North’ like us) it was packed. Instead we headed out to the pool bar, but the menu was a bit limited so we hopped over to Jambo. On the bus there was a child with a 4ft storm trooper, it was ace!

At the Mara I had a Ruben hotdog and John had a bacon cheese burger. We also had some zebra dome (OMG, I love these) and some hummus. I picked up some pickles, sauce and jalapenos and selected a table where I was entertained by a family heatedly discussing shirtless men and girls with their ‘butts hanging out.’ I was amused, especially as I often grill John about whether my chosen shorts are, what I call: ‘inappropriate shorts’ aka shorts where my ‘butt’ hangs out!

After tea – sorry, dinner – we wandered back to the room arriving about 9pm where I tried the hummus (it was disgusting) and we watched the Olympics.

Step count today was: 25,122

Some random shots from the universal...

Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Good day ,love the ponytail woman .i used to be like that lol

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Good day ,love the ponytail woman .i used to be like that lol
Us too, I remember the first year I went with DH we stayed in the parks from open to close - I think he'd still do that if I let him
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What an action packed day! You know you are in America when your slice of pizza is bigger than your head 😆 It looked delicious by the way. The view from your room is lovely but 400 steps to get there is no mean feat. I think you earned the zebra dome! 😊
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What an action packed day! You know you are in America when your slice of pizza is bigger than your head 😆 It looked delicious by the way. The view from your room is lovely but 400 steps to get there is no mean feat. I think you earned the zebra dome! 😊
We love pizza too, I do have a pea head though, so it probably makes it look even bigger Walking down the corridor to our room seemed endless, especially after long park days
Old 13 May 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
We love pizza too, I do have a pea head though, so it probably makes it look even bigger Walking down the corridor to our room seemed endless, especially after long park days
"Pea head" 😂😂😂

A great day, your room looks brilliant at AK looking at all the animals.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
"Pea head" 😂😂😂

A great day, your room looks brilliant at AK looking at all the animals.
I take after my dad

SV was lovely x
Old 14 May 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

I agree about the houmus tired it at POR was disgusting! Enjoying reading, thanks for sharing!
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hawki View Post
I agree about the houmus tired it at POR was disgusting! Enjoying reading, thanks for sharing!
Certainly won't be buying it this year, it was a huge 👎! x
Old 15 May 17, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Yes I too am guilty of being that pony tailed lady, several times over the years.
I remember sitting outside Beach Club waiting for my DS who had to 'pop' back to use the loo just as we were leaving for the day. I was fuming, as we missed 25 minutes of the EMH that day.
Now I am far more relaxed, although we still check "does anyone need the loo", before we leave.
Mortimer Mouse is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List