Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 May 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

An Impromptu Adventure, August 2016: Day 8 MK BOG

Today was MK and there was some confusion over the opening time, if you’ve read our 2014 trip report you’ll know we messed up opening times a couple of times and ended up hanging around the hotel when we should have been in the park for EMH and hanging around outside AK an hour before it was open. Hey ho, we’ll find something to do if we are there too early. I got dressed and broke the zipper on my playsuit, so had to change – good job it didn’t happen in the park!

We were at MK for opening and I had another wobble as we walked down Main Street. Last time we were here we were convinced we would be wandering down here with a mini us, and seeing it now the feelings of loss washed over me and tears were spilling. A CM commented that, ‘it was a beautiful castle’ and I wanted to tell him it was, but my tears were for our missing babies, not the beautiful castle. As I’ve already said this year we have lost more babies, so I’m sure the castle will do this to me again. Perhaps this is not the sort of thing you want to read in a trip report, but these were / are important moments for us and I wanted to record them.

Some photopasses with said castle, although not taken in the morning...

After John had been the wonderful husband he is and made me feel better we went round twice on Buzz. I wrote that my scores were ‘pitiful’ and I didn’t even achieve 100,000, John however achieved a score of 600,000+ and 700,000+. My notes are sketchy and then John takes over, so perhaps I was more emotional than I remember?

After going to infinity and beyond we visited Ariel on her Under the Sea Adventure, which was cute and wandered round Fantasyland and into the Haunted Mansion shop and then onto the ride. Sadly it was covered over and we hoped that the renovations would be finished before we went home. We had no chance on Big Thunder though as it was closed for a major refurb and was covered in scaffolding – gutted.

Photopass outside Under the Sea, Journey of TLM...

Then we started one of our highlights of the holiday, the pin quest. If you are pin traders or not the pin quest is great fun, albeit not particularly cheap. I think it cost us around $15 for the starter kit, $10 for each on the main pins and $5 for the chaser, we did get a DVC discount on that. We got our first clue and made a start hunting, at this point two little boys asked us what we were doing, we told them and their parents looked mortified; we kept apologising. If you do decide to do this, make sure you follow the clues as there are trick locations. Before leaving we traded some pins and headed off down
Main Street.

As we walked we caught a little of the castle show and we got caught up in the filming of Blackish. It proved to be a bit of pain today as we kept getting tangled in the filming, the only good thing was that the crane was nowhere to be seen – funny that! I dread to think how inconvenient it was when they were filming Ant and Dec a few weeks ago.

Next up was 7DMT which was great as always, especially as BTM was down.

Following this was our lunch reservation for BOG, we got a gold rose as we had already ordered. We sat in the main ballroom near the window. John had a roast beef sandwich and I had croque monsuier (SP? I did German at school ) and French onion soup because I really enjoyed it last time despite the heat! We had drinks and chocolate cream puff and a grey stuff cup cake, $57.54

As we left BOG it was raining and so we ran over to Philarmagic, which we enjoyed. The rain didn’t really spoil anything as it had been so hot. As we exited the show, the rain had eased so we went for SM FP. By the time we left this classic the rain had completely stopped. Being a party of 2 paid off for us as we skipped the last bit of the queue.

Our final FP was for the Jungle Cruise, so we headed there next. Another classic and I hope the film is as good as Pirates. As we waited in the queue there was child having a tantrum, we felt for both the parents and the child – it’s long hard day and there is so much pressure on it to be perfect. As our FP cleared we booked another for Buzz later in the day.

After our adventure in the jungle was over we went to Main Street to watch the parade and picked up a powerade to share, a mocha frap for me and a java chip for John $15.

After Festival of Fantasy we made use of the empty Pandora shop on Main Street. Despite asking to see some of the jewellery we were pretty much ignored – seriously, it was like no one wanted to sell me Pandora charms. I’ve noted the CMs were ‘rude’.

Charmless, we headed for more pin questing and then onto Pinocchio’s for pepperoni flatbread, chicken alfredo and 2 cup drinks, $30.

We found the wishing book and I wanted to write in it, but didn’t know what to write, so we left it for now and headed for our Buzz FP. I got 190,000 and John 939,500.

We then pin quested our last pin – I haven’t put lots of detail in about it as I don’t want to spoil it for anyone doing it, but we really did enjoy it and have ended up with a lovely set of pins, I wish there were others in the other parks.

In need of a sit down, where better than the people mover? So that was next. There was some idiot in a green shirt climbing and walking on the moving walkway backwards – he was obviously showing off for his friends. After a nice relaxing ride we headed into Mickey’s Star Traders where I bought a storm trooper skirt using our $30 ‘bite sandwich’ gift card after our DVC discount we paid $15 cash.

Pirates was next and we saw Pooh Bear and Tigger on the way.

Blackish was taking up lots of room near Pirates, but we managed to squeeze past. We keep saying we should watch the episode as we might be in it, although they seem to be recruiting park guests as extras. We had a safari moment on Pirates and were very squashed on a row with another family.

After this we watched the night parade while I ate a mickey rice krispy peanut butter treat and John had some Jelly Bellies with 2 cokes it was $15.

After watching Wishes and me ending up a blubbering wreck we headed back to the hotel. Safe to say today had been lovely, but very emotional for me. Writing about it is a little therapeutic, hopefully you’ve not been too put off to continue reading.
Step count: 26,119
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely day - sending you some baby pixie dust, you will get there xxxxx

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow, the pin quest looks fab! I will definitely look into this at Christmas. You also can't beat a Starbucks frappacino when it's hot and I must say that Rice Krispie treat looks delicious 😋 Sending you pixie dust xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
Lovely day - sending you some baby pixie dust, you will get there xxxxx
Thank you, we had a lovely day, it was a real turning point for me 😊 x

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Wow, the pin quest looks fab! I will definitely look into this at Christmas. You also can't beat a Starbucks frappacino when it's hot and I must say that Rice Krispie treat looks delicious 😋 Sending you pixie dust xx
Thanks for your comment and for reading. Definitely do pin quest, we loved it and the pins are fab. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the rice Krispie treats til I was writing this report, can't wait to have another now 😁 x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I'm impressed that you managed a full day in MK during the summer.
I watched a couple of episodes of Blackish, after seeing that they were filming whilst we were there and the adverts in the buses. It was terrible.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
I'm impressed that you managed a full day in MK during the summer.
I watched a couple of episodes of Blackish, after seeing that they were filming whilst we were there and the adverts in the buses. It was terrible.
We do lots of ducking into shops for air-conditioning and sitting people watching (although I don't think it reads like that &#128514. Might not bother watching Blackish if it's that bad x
Old 16 May 17, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am hoping we might try Pin Quest this year if we can squeeze it in. A great way to fill the afternoons when the attraction waits are long. I know it's pricey but holiday money isn't really money!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am hoping we might try Pin Quest this year if we can squeeze it in. A great way to fill the afternoons when the attraction waits are long. I know it's pricey but holiday money isn't really money!
We definitely recommend it, the pins are a lovely keepsake x
Old 16 May 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
So sorry you got upset , one day you will take your precious family there and the tears will be happy
We were there that day , I've double checked the photos to see if we are in them lol x

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
So sorry you got upset , one day you will take your precious family there and the tears will be happy
We were there that day , I've double checked the photos to see if we are in them lol x
Thank you, wouldn't it have been funny if you were in our photos x