Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Oct 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

I am quite concerned that we won’t get reward availability for December when the flights are released in January 2022. Our dates are pretty fixed and I think there just won’t be the seats. We will look to fly into Miami instead as that seems to open up more reward availability, or tampa perhaps, but I’ve pretty much written off Orlando
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I avoid flying anywhere near Orlando from London. It does not cost much though to fly into Orlando from any US airport on a regional.. I am confident that I can get any multi city return long haul to any large/hub type airport in North America at around £500 per adult at any time of year on an early booking… if you don’t believe me, then try it!

London- SFO, then LA- London for example.

SFO, LA, San Diego, Vancouver, Boston, NY (usually even cheaper) , D.C., Philly, Charlotte, Atlanta, Toronto….. Vegas legs seem to cost a little more!

It is simply a question of what you seek in a vacation… and of course, what the budget is.
We can’t afford the summer Florida prices, so we’re doing California, like you said. Got a great price for July - £2200 for 4 adults including car, london - sfo, lax - london. That’s with ba. Plenty of cheap flights left, but the car hire has increased massively since we booked (a few weeks ago).
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCrazyCrew
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We have a hotel booked for the end of Sep, outbound flights have been released and the price is crazy! the return dates won't be released till next month.
I hope the prices come down...
DisneyCrazyCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We have flights booked for our cheeky February half-term week in the Florida sun, but that's it right now.

Still mulling Easter, May half-term and Summer.

The latter is the priority right now - currently looking at using Virgin miles for upgraded flights London - Los Angeles and New York to London coming home about four weeks later. Figuring we'd do about 12 days on the West Coast, 12 days in and around Orlando and a few days in NYC to finish up. We'd book the internal flights independently.

The main stumbling block is my 18-y-o daughter who has just started university - I need to know if she wants to come or not. I suspect she won't want to commit right now, so I'll be booking without her and then maybe flying her out for just part of the holiday if and when she decides.

I'll look at Easter and May properly after that, if I can secure a dog-sitter.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Mobile

Booked ours yesterday. We fly 19th august from Manchester to Orlando business class with Aer Lingus. Rearranged 2 previous trips so really hopefully that this one will go ahead 🙏🏻

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Booked all up for the last 2 weeks of August.
Flights London to Washington to Orlando
Plus a 2 bed apartment £5000 for 6 adults.
That's with United airlines
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lylystraus
Getting to know the DIBB

I have booked a disney package and universal hotel for august 2022 but I am waiting to know the RULES for 12 years old and above kids, to book for the flights.
Lylystraus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Me! Have accommodation booked (Although may change that) but cannot find a flight I like for a price I like. It is very frustrating.
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

We have accommodation and car hire booked but no flights yet ,last two weeks of August.

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazyCrew View Post
We have a hotel booked for the end of Sep, outbound flights have been released and the price is crazy! the return dates won't be released till next month.
I hope the prices come down...
That is because one way fares are based on fully flexible tickets which are the most expensive. Have a try at looking at a period before you want to travel and that will allow a return flight to quote and you will see the differences. BA release at 355 days for flight only and Virgin Atlantic (as opposed to Virgin Holidays) and other scheduled airlines around 330 days in advance.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List