Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Florida Tix
Closed Thread
Unread 26 Jul 16, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We got back from our 4 night trip last Thursday and had an amazing time! We stayed compass club at Newport bay and can highly recommend it!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, August 2020 Disneyland California
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for my nieces first time!
Unread 2 Aug 16, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
matt987106
Imagineer

matt987106's Reviews
we had always done WDW, then last year we decided to have a year of and after much searching, we ended up booking 5 nights at DLH

Now, many people have asked me, would you go again

Its a tough question, the whole place is different, different attitude to fun, different attitude to customer service

I was stood outside Aerosmith R&RC at DLP, i had the same shorts, same T-shirt, same hat and shades on, the sun was beaming and we could have been in orlando, all except one thing, the french and europeans, the smiles, the laughter, WDW

so would we go again, yes, but you have to accept its a theme park with a disney theming, its not WDW ( many say it never tried to be, but that for me is a cope out, of course it does )
~2018 Aug - NY, Poly and Mar Cyp Harbour ~~2016- OCT Kidani & Marriott Cypress harbour ~2015 - MAY - DLH ( at DLP ) 2014 - OCT - OKW 1bed with DDP & DC ~ 2013 - OCT - OKW with DDP ~ 2011 - OCT - OKW with DDP ~ 2010 - OCT - OKW with DDP ~2008 - OCT - POP
2007 - FEB - A S movies ~ 2002 - June - POR fq ~ 1998 -May-Offiste
matt987106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 2 Aug 16, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
so would we go again, yes, but you have to accept its a theme park with a disney theming, its not WDW ( many say it never tried to be, but that for me is a cope out, of course it does )
I'm assuming you're referring to Walt Disney Studios with this comment? If not I think that's a bit unfair on Disneyland Park.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney World again!
Unread 2 Aug 16, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Siennakate
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

DLP, never has tried to be WDW.

It's not comparable to WDW and it never will be. DLP was never designed to recreate WDW. It's a Disney 'land' not a 'world'. It was designed for the European market not for the American market.

It's a charming park but no, it's not WDW. The OP should remember that and they won't be disappointed.
Siennakate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 2 Aug 16, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Next we'll be saying Tokyo and Shanghai are trying to be WDW too... ! They are all different and not trying to be the same. If they were all carbon copies what would be the point of visiting more than one?

If anything, from what I gather, DL CA is most like DLRP in terms of bricks and mortar, if you really had to compare. But I haven't been, just what I've read. I'm guessing most people on here have been to WDW rather than DL, so that's why it is mostly compared (incorrectly of course!).
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our bonne vacances...
Unread 2 Aug 16, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
VIP Dibber

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
we had always done WDW, then last year we decided to have a year of and after much searching, we ended up booking 5 nights at DLH

Now, many people have asked me, would you go again

Its a tough question, the whole place is different, different attitude to fun, different attitude to customer service

I was stood outside Aerosmith R&RC at DLP, i had the same shorts, same T-shirt, same hat and shades on, the sun was beaming and we could have been in orlando, all except one thing, the french and europeans, the smiles, the laughter, WDW

DLP is a different product, in a different country aimed at a different market. It's like rocking up to a holiday in Edinburgh only to complain that it's not London.
Husband to endlessly understanding wife. Dad to three amazing kids. Mobile cash point and family taxi. Any opinions expressed are usually my own, or borrowed from people more intelligent than me. Please make cheques payable to 'Cash'.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Big Blusteryday Blowout
Unread 2 Aug 16, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Siennakate
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Next we'll be saying Tokyo and Shanghai are trying to be WDW too... ! They are all different and not trying to be the same. If they were all carbon copies what would be the point of visiting more than one?

If anything, from what I gather, DL CA is most like DLRP in terms of bricks and mortar, if you really had to compare. But I haven't been, just what I've read. I'm guessing most people on here have been to WDW rather than DL, so that's why it is mostly compared (incorrectly of course!).
Here here! 👏 That's exactly what I was thinking!
Siennakate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 2 Aug 16, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
matt987106
Imagineer

matt987106's Reviews
Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
I'm assuming you're referring to Walt Disney Studios with this comment? If not I think that's a bit unfair on Disneyland Park.
As i said, any disney theme park will try to recreate the disney way

Originally Posted by Siennakate View Post
DLP, never has tried to be WDW.

It's not comparable to WDW and it never will be. DLP was never designed to recreate WDW. It's a Disney 'land' not a 'world'. It was designed for the European market not for the American market.

It's a charming park but no, it's not WDW. The OP should remember that and they won't be disappointed.
as above, when you head to any disney park, you head to it for the disney way

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post

So when you head to Tokyo and Shanghai, you do not expect a disney park ? ? with everything disney stands for ? ?

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
DLP is a different product, in a different country aimed at a different market. It's like rocking up to a holiday in Edinburgh only to complain that it's not London.
I disagree, a disney park where ever it is in the world should still hold true to the disney way
~2018 Aug - NY, Poly and Mar Cyp Harbour ~~2016- OCT Kidani & Marriott Cypress harbour ~2015 - MAY - DLH ( at DLP ) 2014 - OCT - OKW 1bed with DDP & DC ~ 2013 - OCT - OKW with DDP ~ 2011 - OCT - OKW with DDP ~ 2010 - OCT - OKW with DDP ~2008 - OCT - POP
2007 - FEB - A S movies ~ 2002 - June - POR fq ~ 1998 -May-Offiste
matt987106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Closed Thread
QuickSilver