Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Oct 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
My husband often asks me what I want him to order if we have Chinese/Indian etc, and sometimes in other restaurants we do share 2 main meals. If not I’ll nearly always try it.
I would let someone I know well take a sip from my drink. We were out with my sister and BIL a few weeks ago and we had sips of each other’s cocktails (straight from the glass) doesn’t bother me a jot..
Old 18 Oct 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

DD and I share particularly desserts where we might feel too full for a whole one each. Friend and I also share if we are out for a lunch one sandwich between us then a shared slice of cake etc usually ask for two plates.
And in normal times would happily sample each other’s cocktails!

Edited at 09:09 AM.
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Only with my darling wife. Labboy doesn’t share food.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Post 18
So asking someone to keep it light hearted is telling them off...……
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Anyway - how did last night's sharing (or not) go?

You're lucky you live in a part of the country where you can dine with others from outside your household! People in Essex and London have just lost that ability.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Anyway - how did last night's sharing (or not) go?

You're lucky you live in a part of the country where you can dine with others from outside your household! People in Essex and London have just lost that ability.
They are indeed. Others haven’t been able to do that for weeks, myself included.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It depends. If i am out with friends for a curry we will share popadoms/ rice/ chips / naan etc... but that comes form the original plate not our own personal plates.

I rarely go out for meals with family but if i am out with my one friend and something is really nice , we will say "Try this" and take a fork full just to taste it
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
Parts of the north west haven’t been able to do that for weeks either.
Same here in Scotland and we can’t even go out for food at the minute either. Take away in your own house with your own family only just now.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

No we don't share in the way you're describing. We do normally pass on any bits we don't want, DH will have my onion rings, mom will have dads salad, the kids will eat moms chips. But that's all sorted as soon as foods delivered, once we're eating there's no more swapping!
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

It depends on what I’m eating and who I’m with. If it was a Chinese then once I’ve took what I want from my choice then I would offer other people a taste but if I was having a burger or something then no. It really bugs me when someone doesn’t get chips then helps themselves to mine or says oh I can have some of your chips. No if you want chips order them. We went away with my cousin and she asked everyone at the table if their meal was nice in hopes they would offer her a bit. When she came to me I just replied yeh it’s nice I didn’t want any of hers she wasn’t getting mine.