Old 15 Feb 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Love love love your ADR plans! Some of my favourites there (Yachtsman bread is insanely good!) and some I'd love to try - Narcoossee's being the main one! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it. I hope you adore the brunch as much as I did - definitely the best meal of our last trip.
I'm glad you approve. I've taken many tips from your food report. Hopefully we can do you proud .

I figure the brunch will be the perfect antidote to the rigours of the 4 parks in 1 day challenge of the previous day. No need to rush out in the morning and then a leisurely brunch which I should probably just call lunch really as I've gone for 12.30pm... I'm not sure when brunch stops being brunch and turns into boring old lunch, is it a time of day thing? I do know that my lot won't be able to hold off eating in the morning for such a long time, so they will definitely have eaten breakfasts.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Hi there Abby, really enjoyed reading your PTR so far. You put so much detail in. You will love OKW, we have stayed there previously in 2010 and 2012. The royal rooms also look perfect, I did look at them myself.

ADR choices look good, you have some great ones. That’s my next update to talk about ADRs, love the eating out part of the holiday as much as anything else.

Looking forward to following along. Take care xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by sarahewoods View Post
Hi there Abby, really enjoyed reading your PTR so far. You put so much detail in. You will love OKW, we have stayed there previously in 2010 and 2012. The royal rooms also look perfect, I did look at them myself.

ADR choices look good, you have some great ones. That’s my next update to talk about ADRs, love the eating out part of the holiday as much as anything else.

Looking forward to following along. Take care xx
Welcome! We both have our Max with us...thanks for reassuring me about OKW I did have a wobble but now I'm really looking forward to it. The countdown is slowing going down.

I totally agree about the eating out part of the holiday. I've been watching lots of the Disney food blog videos. Have you seen any of those? They have some great snacks to try videos plus I've been making notes on the videos of each country in the world showcase. There's no way we'd be able to eat all the food I've seen and made notes about, but I'm going to give it a try!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Welcome! We both have our Max with us...thanks for reassuring me about OKW I did have a wobble but now I'm really looking forward to it. The countdown is slowing going down.

I totally agree about the eating out part of the holiday. I've been watching lots of the Disney food blog videos. Have you seen any of those? They have some great snacks to try videos plus I've been making notes on the videos of each country in the world showcase. There's no way we'd be able to eat all the food I've seen and made notes about, but I'm going to give it a try!
You will be fine at OKW, its such a relaxing resort. Ive seen a few Disney Food Blogs, I will have to have another look, thank you. We are eating at quite a few places in Epcot this year, but theres so many to choose from.

Looking forward to more updates. x
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just caught up on your plans, looks awesome! Will you get free DDP for the time at POR as well?

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by redspottyowl View Post
Just caught up on your plans, looks awesome! Will you get free DDP for the time at POR as well?
Unfortunately, you can't have free dining and a split stay at WDW. I did consider extending our OKW stay so we would have the extra days on the DDP, but the cast member I spoke to said OKW was fully booked, which I thought was the case as I'd checked it out on the website before phoning.

So, we have 2 nights at POR without the dining plan, but I imagine we will have snack and QS credits galore leftover so I'm hoping we can buy bits for the following day and store them in the fridge...at the very least we can get some pastries for breakfast and perhaps some sandwiches, pasta or salads for our lunch that way we shouldn't spend too much. Plus I'm really excited about the princess room and I hope to keep this a secret until we open the door to the room.

Also, I really want to try the kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream which isn't included on the dining plan and it seems such a waste to pay for extra food when we have so many credits so I made an ADR for this for the stay at POR.

Old 6 Mar 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Oh Abby can I just say how happy I am I get a mention on here , you will just LOVE Raglan Road!
Some fantastic ADR's here. We really enjoyed Tusker House too, I hope for your sake they still do the doughnut holes at lunch
Whispering Canyon is hilarious, we went in 2015 and is still talked about now
Your plans look amazing, I can't wait to read all about it

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh Abby can I just say how happy I am I get a mention on here , you will just LOVE Raglan Road!
Some fantastic ADR's here. We really enjoyed Tusker House too, I hope for your sake they still do the doughnut holes at lunch
Whispering Canyon is hilarious, we went in 2015 and is still talked about now
Your plans look amazing, I can't wait to read all about it
Hee hee, well as you know I love reading trip reports as I get loads of ideas from them. I'm hoping Raglan Road is good too. It's still there and in fact is our day 2 restaurant that way we get to go to Disney springs in the evening and have a mooch about and I daresay there will be shopping, which you will approve of. There is no way I could live up to your example on that front though.

It's good to hear you liked whispering canyon that was a late addition as I'd read about the skillet and also it means we'd get to visit wilderness lodge and we've never been there.

I'm under 150 days now so we're getting there.

Old 6 Mar 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned and the best of both worlds with your nights at POR on the end. We really like the look of POR and would love to stay there but just couldn't do nearly three weeks with all 5 of us in one room. The cost of two rooms plus the upgrade to DDP is just ridiculous so I can't see it ever happening!

You've got some lovely ADRs there too. We love Yachtsman Steakhouse and Crystal Palace.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned and the best of both worlds with your nights at POR on the end. We really like the look of POR and would love to stay there but just couldn't do nearly three weeks with all 5 of us in one room. The cost of two rooms plus the upgrade to DDP is just ridiculous so I can't see it ever happening!

You've got some lovely ADRs there too. We love Yachtsman Steakhouse and Crystal Palace.
Yes I'm really looking forward to both resorts, it's going to be great to have the balcony at OKW and the princess room is going to be fab! Plus this takes me a little bit closer to my dream of staying at all the resorts, it's certainly high on my bucket list!

Thanks for dropping by, hopefully the countdown will hurry up a bit now!