Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Jan 18, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Bus!

Found the boats too hot, noisy & slow.

Plus the bus has fun music & announcements.

We tend to leave the parks mid afternoon & the buses are generally a ghost town which helps. In the morning, it's just a case of get on with it.

However! My favourite transport is the walk from Saratoga Springs to Disney Springs marketplace. The walk along the water is just lovely - plus there is a bridge that plays non-stop Disney tunes. Always have a boogie along there.
Got to agree re the walk! Superb!

In Dec 2010 when it was minus 2 degrees with ice everywhere, the boat was not hot - it was utterly freezing! Nice though.

And air con on the buses is a mixed blessing too. In Nov 2014 after MVMCP we waited over an hour at MK for an SSR bus, in really biting cold windy weather, and then sat on the bus for another hour back to SSR (there had been 3 road accidents that night). We froze to bits as the bus had the air con blasting all the way!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Our first two trips were POR, and the boat to Downtown Disney (as it was back then) was hugely enjoyable.

Our last two trips have been CBR, so no boats to Springs. I did, however, get the ferry to Magic Kingdom one morning after returning the rental car to Disney Car Care - passing the Polynesian huts/villas, seeing Magic Kingdom ahead, that was really cool, just a shame the missus and little one were missing out (Trunki car seat left in our room at CBR) and getting the bus to meet me.

This coming August we're back to POR, so looking forward to the boat to Springs again. My daughter says she remembers it (she was four on our last stop in POR, now eleven), but I'm not so sure - think she'll love it.
Old 25 Jan 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Boat, especially between Epcot and DHS (or whatever it’s called nowadays !).

I prefer the boat to the monorail for MK but the last couple of times it’s been really crowded - I wondered if there was a maximum number of passengers allowed and whether we’d been counted on.

Edited at 01:36 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Last year the bus back from MK was brilliant. It was packed, but everybody was in such a good mood and chatting to each other.

The bus driver was brilliant. He told really cheesy Disney jokes all the way back to the hotel over the PA. Which kept everybody really entertained.

Does anybody have any experience of bus drivers on the PA having fun? We've only been on a Disney bus twice, there and back in the same day last year, and we couldn't work out if it was the norm or if we'd just got lucky.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Does anybody have any experience of bus drivers on the PA having fun?
Travelled on the buses more times than I've had tubs of Ben & Jerrys (and trust me that's a lot) and never heard any funnies. They must sense my presence and it sucks all the fun out of them.

However they have never been anything less than professional and if you go on youtube there are plenty of vids of fun drivers.

I don't know if it me remembering through rose tinted brain cells but there seems to be lot more pre recorded messages than many moons ago. I do remember on our first stay at Caribbean Beach, one of the bus drivers was giving an informal vocal tour of WDW as we were travelling.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mousehunter
Excited about Disney

Lol, don’t think monorail has same ambience as the boats. Buses are practical, air conditioned and functional, but if there’s the possibility of a boat, I think that would be my choice 😍
Mousehunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I’m here now and have taken the boat (DHS > Epcot) a grand total of once this trip. Subsequently I either walked or took the bus (from front of Epcot to DHS), both of which I refer to the boat!

I think if the boat didn’t keep stopping I might like it better... but with the 3 stops between DHS and Epcot (for resorts) it seems to take forever to get between the two on the boat!

Then again in a couple of years time there will hopefully also be the Skyliner as an alternative...
Old 9 Feb 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

You had me at "I'm here now" - so jealous.

And yes - it does take a lifetime. Good if you're chilling out and not in a rush but not great if you're trying to get rope drop.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
You had me at "I'm here now" - so jealous.

And yes - it does take a lifetime. Good if you're chilling out and not in a rush but not great if you're trying to get rope drop.
Unfortunately - today is my last day! So I’m packing everything up then heading into the parks for a few hours before flying home
Old 9 Feb 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Unfortunately - today is my last day! So I’m packing everything up then heading into the parks for a few hours before flying home
Oh well - that's OK then. Much happier now.