Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jul 22, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Afternoon to myself

Since he retired and COvid dh rarely goes out on his own. He gets the house to himself lots when I go to the gym, riding or coffee with friends. It is the one thing I really miss with him not working, love him to bits and enjoy that he isn’t stressed and we can go out when we want but do miss an empty house every now and then. I know I should be very careful what I wish for though.

Anyway he is off to see the new Marvel film with Ds this afternoon so I have about 3 1/2 -4 hours on my own - bliss🥰

Going to bake a cake, make some jam and then sit in the conservatory with my book - nothing earth shattering but will enjoy!

What is everyone else doing?
Old 7 Jul 22, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Oh i love the house to myself
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I'm in the process of making my little granddaughter a Hermione Granger yule ball gown, she saw it in universal studios but it was ridiculous money ( around $120 for a dressing up costume) so in my wisdom I said I'd make her one !
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post

I’m at my son and DIL s house will be going to pick DGD up from Nursery in a bit. In the meantime I’m doing a couple of loads of washing for them as the weather is do lovley!

Know what you mean about having the house to yourself though! We will often spend a few hours in different parts of the house and DH will occasionally go out with his friends or a walk on his own.

He doesn’t always come to pick DGD up with me either as we do it pretty much every day so it gives us a bit of time on our own. Which is just as well or I might kill him!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

DH is hoping to retire in 2-3 years time and I admit this worries me. I don’t work so I'm very used to my own company and time to myself and enjoy it.

Of course, it will be lovely to have DH home more and I look forward to us spending time together but he’s not one to go out without me, visit people or have any hobbies that will give me some ‘me’ time.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm on my sunlounger on a rare lovely day and my husband is sleeping on his next to me.Listening to Countryline Radio, only thing missing is a pool.😎
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
DH is hoping to retire in 2-3 years time and I admit this worries me. I don’t work so I'm very used to my own company and time to myself and enjoy it.

Of course, it will be lovely to have DH home more and I look forward to us spending time together but he’s not one to go out without me, visit people or have any hobbies that will give me some ‘me’ time.
To be honest I hadn't really thought about it and it happened sooner than we had planned! After 30+ years married, him at work and me running the house and kids it is a big change for both of us! We still haven't sorted out our new roles, but getting there!

Before we moved I only had afternoons to myself as worked in the mornings and they whizzed by trying to fit in hobbies, housework and gardening so we could have weekends together doing things. Dd left home just before I gave up work to move and then project manage our house renovation so I got used to 3-4 days on my own for 12 hours. I found a place to go riding and joined a really nice fit club, plus met the neighbours, some of whom I go out for coffee with.

Then Covid hit and suddenly I had dh working from home, and ds home from Uni, and they've never left! Dh was made redundant last year so took early retirement a few months later. He is still anxious about travelling, going out, plus he has no friends up here whereas I have made some. However he does have lots of hobbies albeit indoor computer based ones mostly. I can cope with that, the 2 main issues I need to get sorted are firstly that the house doesn't run itself -don't get me wrong l love going out for days, NT etc, we have Longleat and The National Arboretum season tickets - but he doesn't realise that washing, cleaning, gardening doesn't have a fairy to do it while we are out The other thing is cooking - again I do enjoy cooking but planning 2-3 meals a day and cooking them and clearing up 7 days a week etc has started to get to me

I think I have to let go as much as he has to learn to do stuff - at the moment he doesn't know what he can do in case I say he has done it wrong! You'll sort it out especially if you know when it is happening and can plan it. Good luck xx
Old 7 Jul 22, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Waiting anxiously from my dh to come home from hospital and say "we're off to Colorado next week" as the consultant has said he ok to travel 🙏
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I work 4 long days a week in order to have Thursdays off. It’s not a rest day - today, for instance I have had a workman come to mend the toilet, taken my 90-year old dad to the bank, done his shopping, prepped runner beans for his lunch. Then came home, did a grocery order for my parents and another for us, dealt with 4 emails. Did banking stuff. Now out for late lunch, after which I will take the coffee pods to recycling, post a parcel and talk to our landlord about getting some painting done. Then to the butcher and home to cook tea.

So yes, not that I get time to chill but I do love having some space and time to myself.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

i absolutely love it when DH and DD go out once a month in the evening and i get the house to myself, TV to myself and whatever i want for tea etc!