Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Jan 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I'm with Gill - from POFQ I'd get an Uber (or a Lyft) to AKL - if you have your heart set on Boma.

You can request Ubers with car seats - it will come up as a choice when you tap into the app. Then, after your meal, get a bus from AKL to whatever park you want.

As for your Landry's ADRs (Good girl, getting the card ) - what I'm trying to say is IF you are feeling constrained by having the ADRs on a specific day/time - dump the rezzies for Y&Y and T-Rex. Just have in your mind that you'll be eating at those places and then go to them when you're hungry.

I promise you - if you have a Landry's card, you do NOT need an ADR for a Landry's restaurant. Just walk up to the hostess stand (don't queue) and show them your card.

"Good Evening - I have a Landry's card. How long is the wait?"

Even when the walk-up queue for T-Rex was two hours (in 2016) - we only waited ten minutes.

My father NEVER made reservations in advance - and you know that DH hates booking ahead, too. There WILL be places available.

...and one night, why not walk (it's an EASY walk - no more than 10 minutes) down to Riverside and eat at Boatwright's?

disneyfoodblog/boatwrights/

With kids, I love places I can WALK to - and it's such a nice stroll along the river there at Port Orleans...no faffing with car seats or buses!

I've got my trippie to finish and post today...so I'd better be done bossing you around now...
yes I see your point re landrys! I had thought about Boatwrights, and taxi much better idea re Boma ! Thanks all
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Boatwrights is OK - I wouldn't exactly cross oceans to eat there, but since you're nearby, why not? (OK, that is based on precisely one meal there, in 2010, so I may be a little out of date...!)
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Have you thought about gwtting a laundry card? You can walk straight up to t-rex, rainforest & yak & yeti that way you don't need to worry about dining reservations but can still use your credits
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
Have you thought about gwtting a laundry card? You can walk straight up to t-rex, rainforest & yak & yeti that way you don't need to worry about dining reservations but can still use your credits
Hi just clicked that recently! Yes we have one and I am going to cancel our Adr’s and use the card , much more freedom. We already are planning on yak and yeti and T. rex just means we don’t have to be tied down , brilliant!
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi! Just quick update for those who gave me great advice! I have cancelled T. rex and will just use Landry card at some point, I cancelled Hollywood and vine also and we are going to boma for breakfast that morning instead , just qs in h studios... we have booked an Adr at Chef art smiths as well on a nice d springs morning! The rest we will see at the time 😀
Old 13 Jan 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Ooh - I just watched a video about Homecomin':

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List