Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Nov 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

Me and DD are going to see Buble next Tuesday in Liverpool
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerGirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
I don’t think the support act would make a dent into any takings to be honest given what the prices for the tickets were when I saw him.

Going to see the killers at a sold out riverside stadium next year where the majority of the 30,000 tickets are £70-£90.

Don’t think the manic street preachers will be getting paid much to be the support act that day.
I managed to get tickets to the Killers at Riverside. Can not wait, they have been on our list to see for years. I love the Manics but last time I saw them they were very anti-English.
TigerGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Who's booked to see him after he has met Colette? I've heard she's his supporting act that night!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Who's booked to see him after he has met Colette? I've heard she's his supporting act that night!
His face will be covered in my lip gloss by the time he gets in stage (if he escapes)
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We won tickets to see him on Sunday night in Newcastle. Christmas jumpers are ready
Old 28 Nov 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It does- imagine if it is a band, plus the extra on the rigs, transportation etc. Imagine how much you would have to pay a band to tour around with you. That is all cash straight out of Mr Buble's pocket compared if he just does it himself. Why bother- just keep it for yourself. This is how the likes of Ed Sheeran and Peter Kaye make mega, mega bucks- costs are also low as well as insanely popular of course. Will be cheaper for one off gigs with no touring. The only one I have seen in the past few years with a support act has been Steps who had Vengaboys- don't ask. It was actually more entertaining than I could ever have imagined.
Ed Sheeran always has a support act, as did Peter Kay when I went to see him. (Bizarrely it was rick astley)

Not sure why they would be extra costs for the rigs given they play on the same stage either...

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 02:56 AM  
Link to this Post

I wanted to book somewhere for food before his O2 gigs and I rang them to ask when on. They said don't know. Un helpful frankly. Probs just fed up of being.asked.

Interested to know what time he normally comes on. Then I'll give him an extra 20 mins or so as he will have to hurdle Colette to get out of his dressing-gown !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I wanted to book somewhere for food before his O2 gigs and I rang them to ask when on. They said don't know. Un helpful frankly. Probs just fed up of being.asked.

Interested to know what time he normally comes on. Then I'll give him an extra 20 mins or so as he will have to hurdle Colette to get out of his dressing-gown !
Maybe one of the O2 restaurants will know? They sometimes have the timings? I’m going to superglue myself to his dressing room door
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post

You will witness him walking on stage dragging Colette along the floor with her hands gripped to his ankles .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
With regards to support acts. There are many times where the record company will pay to have a support act on a tour. Supporting big names gives allows the musician/band a high level of visability.

careersinmusic/how-t...-touring-band/
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List