Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Forky
Looking for my Ears

Arrived Today!

Bit the bullet and decided to come to DLP today! Will just have to deal with quarantine if it comes to it.

First time ever here after numerous trips to WDW (meant to be flying out tomorrow but obvious reasons meant we had to cancel).

Arrived around 2pm and was in the park by 2:20pm after dropping off luggage at express. Fantastic!

Queues were around 10 mins shorter than the wait times suggested, (5 mins instead of 20 for Small World, 15 instead of 25 for Pirates, walk on instead of 10 for Indiana Jones). So not too bad so far. Not one for worrying about CoVid otherwise we wouldn’t be here, but as another poster pointed out, the French people were very lax on their social distancing in the queues, literally standing on me at one point.

Character selfie spots seem “spot on” but will catch them over the next days! Even had Woody outside the Restaurant at Hotel Cheyenne. Bonus.

Most people seem to be wearing their masks properly, with a few wearing them just over mouth and even some just protecting their chin! But majority are complying.

Let’s hope tomorrow is similar!
Forky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyhm
VIP Dibber

We arrived today too at Hotel Cheyenne!

Agree with everything you say regarding the lax social distancing and mask wearing! I have seen lot's of brits with their noses out and not giving a hoot about how close they are to other people. In fact I saw 2 of the stupidest things I have seen so far since Covid became a thing. One lad in probably early 20's took his mask off, did 2 huge sneezes without catching them in anything then put his mask back on! Then saw a young boy literally running his mouth up and down a railing whilst waiting for the carousel! I was like 😳
Disneyhm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

How were the crowd levels. Have Disney restricted the numbers like the USA.
Hope you all have a great time and no need to quarantine. Good luck
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Forky
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by Disneyhm View Post
We arrived today too at Hotel Cheyenne!

Agree with everything you say regarding the lax social distancing and mask wearing! I have seen lot's of brits with their noses out and not giving a hoot about how close they are to other people. In fact I saw 2 of the stupidest things I have seen so far since Covid became a thing. One lad in probably early 20's took his mask off, did 2 huge sneezes without catching them in anything then put his mask back on! Then saw a young boy literally running his mouth up and down a railing whilst waiting for the carousel! I was like 😳
Well I haven’t seen anything that stupid yet. Still a few more days to go though! Haha.
Forky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Forky
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
How were the crowd levels. Have Disney restricted the numbers like the USA.
Hope you all have a great time and no need to quarantine. Good luck
I believe there is restrictions but not sure what the capacity is. First time here so I couldn’t really comment on if it’s busy or not. I’m used to going August to WDW so this is pretty quiet for me!
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
OK, here are some tips for you:

Number 1 tip - don't bother with the buses. It's a nice 15 min walk from the Cheyenne, along the river. The buses get overcrowded and it's really not worth the bother.

Number 2 - talk to CMs in French, even if that only stretches to 'Bonjour' and 'Merci'. CMs are much more reserved than in America as the US 'have a magical day' stuff feels tacky and fake. But if you engage them in conversation, they blossom.

Number 3 - take time to see all the little details. The dragon under the castle and the Sleeping Beauty magical tapestries upstairs. Adventure Isle, which you can spend ages exploring. Walkthroughs such as the Nautilus and Aladdin.

Number 4 - use Extra Magic Time. Get there for the beginning and you can do Big Thunder, or Peter Pan, as a walk on. Not all the rides are open but you can get several of the big queuers done. There's a list of rides that are open during EMT, that you can usually get at your hotel or the entrance to the parks.

Have an amazing time!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for these pointers, we are going next weekend and it will be our first time 😊.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Enjoy it. Weather is supposed to hold up while you are there as well.

Old 9 Aug 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I understand that the CMs are much stricter than in WDW and will tell you to wear your mask properly
Old 9 Aug 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyhm
VIP Dibber

They have shut quite a lot of rides this afternoon apparently due to high temperatures! It is absolutely baking out there!
Disneyhm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List