Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Unread 25 Jun 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks all, I'm not usually one to follow reviews, it just seems that most of the recent reviews I have found for those 3 have all been mostly negative.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tappers01
slightly serious Dibber

tappers01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
My vote is for Sequoia Lodge. Stayed at Santa Fe in a Cars room, which was fine (and we liked the Mexican restaurant La Cantina(?) in the evening. However Sequoia Lodge was much nicer in terms of the grounds, bar area, restaurant etc.
We haven't stayed at Cheyenne, but did have a meal there in the BBQ buffet, and had a good look around. I don't believe there is a huge difference in terms of the rooms TBH.
Unread 26 Jun 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Very Serious Dibber

I've stayed in all four hotels and have had no problems with any of them. Remember that people are much more likely to post negative reviews than positive so what you read isn't always a good representation of reality.

Personally I rate the four hotels as follows...

1 - Sequioa Lodge - lovely theming and not too far to walk to the parks. My first choice if I have the budget and/or want use of a pool
2 - Cheyenne - fantastic theming and my other first choice if my budget is lower. The walk is a bit further but its a lovely walk along the river
3 - Newport Bay - stayed here in March and while it was fine and is a nice hotel I wouldn't return unless I got a really good deal. I had a room right at the end of the corridor so I had to walk for ages before I even got out of the hotel. Distance-wise it felt similar to Cheyenne/Santa Fe. I didn't feel it was worth its extra premium
4 - Santa Fe - stayed here a few times and returning in the summer. I'm not mad about the theming but I'm more than happy to stay here if that's what my budget allows.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our 2nd WDW Holiday.
Unread 26 Jun 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wdwaugust17
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

We stayed in the Santa Fe last August. We were really unsure on booking but I was really impressed. Theming was good, room size for three was good and the beds were comfortable. As someone earlier said to be fair we do not spend much time in the room so were happy to pay a little less on that hotel. As an additional bonus the hotel restaurant La Cantina was really good with no complaints about the food. 👍
Wdwaugust17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Are we there yet? Are we there yet?...
Unread 26 Jun 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 47

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've stayed at all 3 - Santa Fe x 1 (first trip 1997), SL x 4 and Cheyenne x 5. SL is lovely , especially in winter with the log fire etc but our choice is now Cheyenne. We've had 5 great trips there with no problems or complaints and we certainly enjoy it just as much as SL; the theming is great. For a value hotel we can't fault it. The 15 min walk to the parks is lovely along the canal side and past the lake (- quicker and nicer than the bus.)
From one of my trippies:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=989117
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 09:52 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dreaming, then the Beach Club
Unread 27 Jun 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We absolutely loved the theming at Cheyenne, and would very happily stay there again. The temperature was 37 degrees every day of our stay, and we were very uncomfortable in the heat outside, but our room was fine. It would be a bit warm when we got in, but wed out the fan on and it would soon feel fine again (it might have helped that we were in a ground floor room with plenty of shade from the trees outside.) The beds were comfy, and we enjoyed breakfast in Chuck Wagon.

Our latest trip was very low budget, as it was only a few months after staying in the DLH at Christmas. We stayed in Santa Fe in May half term, and were perfectly satisfied with it at the price we paid (600 for 5 days, 2 adults and 2 children.) It didnt have any particularly appealing theming in or out of the hotel, but we liked the food at La Cantina. The room was nothing special, but we didnt need it to be - it was just a base for us to easily walk into the parks and enjoy all the amazing things there.
Florida Tix