Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Apr 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
no I dont believe you can (upgrade your "free" quick service breakfast to hotel buffet breakfast I mean). You can pay for breakfast at your own hotel though - according to magicbreaks it will cost you £19 per adult and £18 per child, per day, to do so -

magicbreaks/disney-...ast-meal-plan/

if you got the free meal vouchers - can you pay to upgrade to plaza gardens character breakfast, please?
Boots1234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Boots1234 View Post
if you got the free meal vouchers - can you pay to upgrade to plaza gardens character breakfast, please?
no I don't think you can, as these free quick service breakfast vouchers don't appear to have any exchange value.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
no I don't think you can, as these free quick service breakfast vouchers don't appear to have any exchange value.
My sister recently booked with the wdtc company for hotel New York for October.
She got the package with free half board and was offered to book a plaza gardens breakfast for £8 pp so that suggests it is discounted?
disneyfan87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneyfan87 View Post
My sister recently booked with the wdtc company for hotel New York for October.
She got the package with free half board and was offered to book a plaza gardens breakfast for £8 pp so that suggests it is discounted?
yes it certainly does - but there appears to be some confusion over these breakfast vouchers. Only one way to know for sure, and thats to try it .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

We have been back a week. I am sorry I did not spot this question before. I have not read the whole thread, so hope I am not repeating.

Like many things in DLP it all felt a bit 'kerfuffly'..none of the restaurants or QS locations are marked on the park marks you pick up on entrance, so you have a 'writers' stop' type situation, it felt like breakfast was only for the persistant or initiated!

(We later found on the '25th anniversary' leaflet we were given at checkin, the restaurants are marked. So top tip if you are unfamiliar, is stick that in your pocket before you leave.)

There were so few CMs on duty in the mornings to ask, it was difficult to get help.

Anyhow, last week breakfast was only available at Cafe Hyperion. The voucher said there, or Restaurant Bella Note (by IASW) and that both could be 'seasonal'. We left Holy Thursday, and I would be interested to know if they opened out the second location over the Easter weekend.

They were **no** advertised locations in the Studios Park. My gut told me there might be an offering in Restaurant Coulisse and sure enough they did the same deal...with unsurprisingly MUCH shorter queues. Noone knew it was there.

You are given a menu as you queue, but it is basically option A/ or B ..sweet or savoury (sel/sucre)

You have a hot drink of choice, a bottled OJ with pulp. a croissant and either a (hard) white roll, butter, jam and pain au choc or the savoury bun. This was a brioche roll with an egg omelette, a circle of grilled italian type ham with a big blob of mayo.

I had this every day, it was an acquired taste. The mayo would not be to everyone's liking. The rest of the family had sweet.

Be prepared to wait! They did seem to have things more control as our stay went on. The plus is there is ample seating at the Hyperion.

Check your order. Every day they forgot a drink. One day my hot sandwich was missed off. Hubby would sit down and be sent back.

Any qus, just ask. xx

Edited at 09:12 AM.
ILoveDaveLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post

You have a hot drink of choice, a bottled OJ with pulp. a croissant and either a (hard) white roll, butter, jam and pain au choc or the savoury bun. This was a brioche roll with an egg omelette, a circle of grilled italian type ham with a big blob of mayo.

Any qus, just ask. xx
Confused

Can I just clarify as ive seen so many different versions now, is it;

A hot drink AND an OJ? or one or the other?
A croissant AND a roll(or omelette) AND pain au chocolat?

I thought it was just 1 drink and 1 snack and off you go?

I don't get it haha
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Thanks! Didn't they also have coffee/juice/pastry at Cable Car Bakehouse on Main Street and New York Style Sandwiches in the Village? The leaflet about breakfast says they do. Also at the bar in your hotel (or Starbucks at Cheyenne and Santa Fe, if
they are open yet?)
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Thanks! Didn't they also have coffee/juice/pastry at Cable Car Bakehouse on Main Street and New York Style Sandwiches in the Village? The leaflet about breakfast says they do. Also at the bar in your hotel (or Starbucks at Cheyenne and Santa Fe, if
they are open yet?)
Cable Car and the window on Main Street (Cookie kitchen?) were open during EMH when I was there last week . Cable Car had a sign advertising breakfast.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
Confused

Can I just clarify as ive seen so many different versions now, is it;

A hot drink AND an OJ? or one or the other?
A croissant AND a roll(or omelette) AND pain au chocolat?

I thought it was just 1 drink and 1 snack and off you go?

I don't get it haha

I rang DH at work for clarification !

At the Hyperion and Restaurant au Coulisse it was hot drink AND OJ. (I saw some families with bottles of water, and asked DH to request a water for me...I got an extra cup of water, not a bottle. so three drinks that day.

It is hot egg roll and a croissant (but DH says he was asked if he wanted to switch for a pain au choc) and white bread roll with either croissant or pain or choc. So two items each.

Hope that helps a bit. x
Old 19 Apr 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
they are open yet?)
Hi Gill,

Someone else has answered your qu re there CableCar. I didn't spot it, but as i said we were wandering around blind. I am glad they are adding in extra options.

We stayed at the Cheyenne and used Starbucks at least twice. I did not spot any signs re the breakfast. They had a bill board out advertising a coffee and croissant 'deal'at 4.95 Euro and someone handing out samples. We did not ask the question specifically, we were just going off what was printed on the vouchers.

It was all a bit of a culture shock to us. I did meet a few 'golden' CMs who were full of warmth and Disney magic. But here were lots of Legoland type sixth form/gap year employees who if they and training in the 4 keys, quickly forgot it.DD would say 'that is not very efficient/courtious' and we would laugh. All part of the experience and a great trip to boot.

I also LOLed how they would turn you away if you wanted to alter a dining res saying 'But we are so busy" when they clearly were not...no queue and many empty tables.

But we didn't starve. : Far from it.