Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Nov 18, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We l look back in the past with nostalgia. In our house we have a ban on watching Florida vlogs or POV ride videos ps the surprise isn't ruined. I also hope we can spend some time wandering without feeling the pressure to get on the next ride as quickly as possible. I think it's what you make of it... Saying that I haven't been in a while so maybe I will change my opinion after my next trip!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
memphis69
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It’s the price increase that gets me in 2010 we paid £190 for a 2 week Disney ticket next year they want over £400 for the same ticket universal just as bad, but flight prices we got for less last year than we did in 2010 and the town house we rent is more or less the same.
memphis69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Totally agree, It seems like Disney and the other parks really are seeing how far they can " push " it before people say it's not worth it.
I didn't mind the FPs where you put your ticket in and got a time slot but the system they have now makes it almost impossible for people to get to do everything in the park.
Rob
I disagree with the second point. I actually find it easier to get everything done with the new system.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
It is what you want it to be. Last year I went twice...

1. Solo trip in May. Booked flight at 8:15am, left home at 9:00am the same day, booked Coronado Springs from the airport at 12:30pm and flew at 1:00pm. As such I had no plans, no tickets and no Fastpasses. I still did everything I wanted to, all the big attractions multiple times.

2. Family trip in August. We had no intention to visit WDW on this three week trip. However, approaching midnight on our last night at the Royal Pacific at Universal, we had a change of heart. I booked the Beach Club there and then to checkin the next day. Again we turned up at WDW with no plans, no fastpasses, no tickets and no ADRs.

Once again, we did everything including Flights of Passage and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, ate at a few old favourites and tried a new places.

You absolutely don't have to plan to the Nth degree. I understand why some do, particularly on a first and maybe only visit, but you can still have a great time just going with the flow.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by memphis69 View Post
It’s the price increase that gets me in 2010 we paid £190 for a 2 week Disney ticket next year they want over £400 for the same ticket universal just as bad, but flight prices we got for less last year than we did in 2010 and the town house we rent is more or less the same.
That will be 9 years ago - everything in life has gone up.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
First time went was in 1988 (Virgin's £199 flights) ... couple of days in the MK.. days visit to Wet n Wild... River Country...Epcot... and a days visit to KSC... and that was it... still had a brilliant time but one thing for sure it never seemed as rushed and hectic as it does now... and another thing... the dollar rate... Oh boy oh boy... just came back from 2 weeks in CAL and one thing for certain... until that rate starts picking up ... I'll won't be returning (that was my/our 20th trip)... just off the scale now the expense of everything...

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post

I dislike it the way it is now.

It's something akin to boot-camp.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
That will be 9 years ago - everything in life has gone up.
They have. But % wise WDW prices have gone up beyond comparison of most other things. I’m a huge Disney geek and have spent at least a good sized house on Disney holidays. But it’s a fact their price increases are off the comparative scale.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
I dislike it the way it is now.

It's something akin to boot-camp.
It’s only a boot camp if you treat it like a boot camp. You don’t have to.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think the issue is as follows. If, like me, you are a family/person who has visited WDW many times and in particular pre DDP y FP days you look back at those early visits with the magic they deserve. As time passes new ideas come to the fore, some will suit others some not so. I also remember visiting WDW in the mid 80s. It was busy and there were queues but managed to get everything done. No need for FPs. Fast forward 2006 with DDP ( three courses then tip included) we would never had stayed onsite without the introduction of the dining plan.

Next year FPs booked three months ahead so need to decide where we will be and when. That’s a negative for me especially with throwaway bookings that eat into the amount of 60 day FPs a availability, I’m not condemning people who use this system I think it’s unfair on those who have paid thousands for two weeks. It’s a personal opinion. It’s something that Disney could if they wanted to, stop.

Also, if like me you’ve been dozens of times then if you don’t do a ride no big deal or you can concentrate on those you haven’t done before.

I’m sorted for next May but I think it will be my last trip unless someone else sorts it all. Advanced dining pre booking fast passes is not for me anymore and yes I can stroll gently around the parks because I’ve been many times before I wouldn’t want to be doing all this as a newbie

Edited at 01:00 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List