Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Apr 16, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Agree, do Stitch Live. Lots of people miss it and it is so funny! Kind of a mix between Turtle Talk with Crush and Monsters Laugh Floor.

Sadly the lovely Animagique show has now closed, but a new show is coming to the Studios - I believe it will open in the summer so you should be there for it.

You may also get a show at the Chapparal Theatre - there is a new show there currently but I think in the summer it will be the Frozen show again, not sure how long for.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 16, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

I agree with food recommendations and yes, CS in DLRP is notoriously slow, and not often hot - very disappointing. But there are exceptions, our faves out of CS are Fuente del Oro and Colonel Hathis. Sometimes though they have funny opening times when the parks close early - which may be the case in September. Please check them out nearer your visit to make sure they will be open as there is nothing worse than choosing a place and finding it closed then searching around for somewhere else and not knowing where to go.

Agree with the TS choices people have mentioned. We never miss a meal in Inventions, like Walts, Blue Lagoon is novel and worth doing too. Haven't done Remys yet but hope to on our next visit - for the theming more than anything. We've done Cali Grill (DH and I) but I honestly think it's more for couples/adults and I personally wouldn't take my kids there - that's not to say you can't, but I wouldn't. It is nice, but not somewhere I'd return.

I may be biased but we think there are a few rides in DLRP that are better, or different (in a good way) than WDW. BTM is definitely better but will be closed. Peter Pan is better - we were really disappointed by the WDW version. ToT in our opinion, while in French, is just spookier although the beginning of the ride in WDW is better. The CMs just do 'spooky' much better in France. We also prefer Space Mountain (very intense) and Aerosmith too. Phantom Manor is spookier than Haunted Mansion - and even though it's in French it has an amazing back story which I would urge you to read before you go - google it as it has it's own website! Oh and Indiana Jones rollercoaster is fab too - used to be even better when it went backwards, sadly no longer though. Well worth doing - not sure if there is anything comparable in Ca as there isn't in WDW.

Agree that Stitch Live is worth doing once - very funny. Crush's coaster is a must, but is a ride you must be prepared to get in early for in the Studios as queues build quickly - people often run for this one when it opens! And of course the new, fabulous Ratatouille ride is amazing. The whole area is modelled on a Parisian courtyard and reminds me very much of France in Epcot!

I also agree that Alice's maze is worth doing - climb to the top of the Queen's castle - the view is breathtaking! We are huge Alice fans though - well, I am!

And talking of Castles, don't forget the stained glass windows up on the mezzanine in the Castle and the lovely dragon in the basement - such fun!

I really hope you have a great time in DLRP. I am guilty of comparing when I shouldn't as all parks have different quirks and qualities. I like to think of DLRP as Disney with a European flair - it is our 'home' Disney and we love it! Can't wait to visit again, but it will be 2017 for the 25th celebrations for us .
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 16, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread