Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Oct 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
I loved the night time parade the most. Really missed that when it went.

Is the electric light parade still at Disneyland? We saw it in Paris and WDW would love to see it again.
No. The last time it was on at DLR was for a two month limited run in 2019. Tokyo has a modified version that I think is still running but that's it AFAIK.

Edited at 08:51 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
The last thing I saw about "parades"...would you believe that apparently guest feedback is that they prefer the new style cavalcade... It does make you wonder who these fictitious guests that always seem to prefer less for their money are ?
SD
I wouldn't be surprised if guests preferred these cavalcades. I think I probably would. Just because a bunch of people on websites like this one prefer one thing to another doesn't mean that the average Disney guest feels the same. The DIBB isn't really representative of a typical Disney guest.

One good thing about the cavalcades is that they take place in all the parks. In recent years there's only been a parade in MK. It's nice seeing more characters in the other parks. I also like the fact that there aren't big crowds waiting to view these cavalcades.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:18 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if guests preferred these cavalcades. I think I probably would. Just because a bunch of people on websites like this one prefer one thing to another doesn't mean that the average Disney guest feels the same. The DIBB isn't really representative of a typical Disney guest.

One good thing about the cavalcades is that they take place in all the parks. In recent years there's only been a parade in MK. It's nice seeing more characters in the other parks. I also like the fact that there are big crowds waiting to view them.
They've cut the cavalcades in Epcot apparently. But the pavilion entertainment is starting to return, so that's something. Haven't heard either way on HS, but there were still the boats in AK.

Otherwise I agree. I personally prefer the cavalcade, way less effort to view running multiple times a day than having to stake out a spot in the afternoon sun.
Old 27 Oct 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I would make a special trip if they brought back MSEP. I very nearly did last time it was running at DLR and kicking myself for not. Still my favourite.
Quoting myself, but MSEP return teased on Disneyland's TikTok yesterday.

tiktok/@disneyparks/...05609764654341

I am 100% booking this time. I would even cancel my WDW trip for it if clashed.

But current speculation is it's likely to be next year, as the parade will have its 50th birthday in June. Probably another limited run.

Edited at 02:31 PM.
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

My favourite parade of all time was Paint the Night at Disneyland, would love it if they brought a night time parade back to WDW (although I recall there was talk that the floats from paint the night were too heavy to use on Main Street in Orlando due to the tunnels)
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I guess I may be one of those guests. We didn't tend to be in the park at 3pm as we need a break. I never really liked the elbows out guarding your spot you had to do either
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Having recently done the Magic Kingdom end of day fireworks/light show in front of the castle which was just as cheek to cheek as every other one I've been to, Disney cannot possibly be using covid as a legitimate excuse not to hold any parades.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
Having recently done the Magic Kingdom end of day fireworks/light show in front of the castle which was just as cheek to cheek as every other one I've been to, Disney cannot possibly be using covid as a legitimate excuse not to hold any parades.
No, it's a staffing/budget issue now. The only Covid related distancing that remains is for CMs (e.g. no meet and greets).
Old 28 Oct 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I love a parade and still miss the AK one (Jingle Jungle was the version we saw). But I like the cavalcades also. I love the fact that you don't have to stake out a spot. And particularly I'm glad they are keeping the boats at AK, they look fun.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It does seem like parades are returning, at least at some of the parks.

As well as teasing the return of the MSEP to Disneyland in California, it's now confirmed that the Electric Parade will return to Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris is getting a new Christmas parade starting next month, and Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade is returning to WDW - albeit as part of the Very Merriest After Hours Event.

So it's a sign that parades might be returning.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List