Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Mar 16, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Texas de Brazil or Fogo de Chao

Hey!

Heard a lot of sounds about both these restaurants which i believe are on I-Drive and just wondering from anyone's experience which one of the 2 is the best in your opinion?

Both seem very similar reading reviews but just curious to see what peeps rather.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Have only been to Texas de Brazil but it was amazing. The salad bar alone was fantastic never mind the meat
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I have been to both and I prefer Texas De Brazil. I think the meat was nicer and the salad bar was far superior.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I have been to both and Fogo de Chao was much better! We were left waiting for long in Texas De Brazil without anyone passing by with skewers for ages and we were given very little meat. The salad bar was also much better quality in Fogo de chao, so was the meat and the service was sooo much better.

favorite meal for us for both previous trips.

Edited at 05:55 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks for the replies... Looking good for both places based on above and might need to squeeze in both and give them my own comparison 🤗
Old 24 Mar 16, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

that's what we did! Enjoy - neither is bad choice. Week deal in Fogo de Chao is good value
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
that's what we did! Enjoy - neither is bad choice. Week deal in Fogo de Chao is good value
Cool sounds good... Is it like a midweek deal they do?
Old 24 Mar 16, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

it was lunch time - we did it on our way to the shopping malls. We had a server for ourselves and the manager came few times to tell us about his favourite meat cuts and ask if we are waiting on something so he can send some out. It's little dressier then what I thought it would be. They were incredibly professional and attentive.

I don't recall what we paid exactly but it was less then advertised on their website even.

We were at Texas de Brazil after that but as it was really busy it didn't live up to Fogo de Chao. As soon as we turned the card green there were few waiters our way at Fogo. We were sitting for ages at Texas de Brazil and left fed up waiting to be honest.

the link
fogodechao/location/orlando

prices are when you scroll down.

When I ask my son what he want's to do on his first day in Orlando without a doubt his answer is always Fogo de Chao! I highly recommend lunch there

we went once to Texas De Brazil. We went 5 times at Fogo de Chao for 2 trips - always lunch though so may be dinner is busier. All you can eat steak - why not?

it's also the only offsite restaurant we plan meal for this trip. Twice.

Edited at 09:13 AM.
Old 24 Mar 16, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

We went to TdB about 4 years ago now and havent been back.
The valet parking and flames etc outside TdB was quite impressive.
Inside the decor is very contemporary and the clientèle was a mix of families celebrating birthdays, groups of 50 something businessmen and even an engagement party.
However the food was a big disappointment. I had read mix reviews either people absolutely loving it or folk say theres much better elsewhere.
A lot of the meats and cuts etc weren't brought to the table, cubes of beef, pork and the odd chop was all that came around despite numerous requests for other types of fare.
It was nice to get proper dressed up for an evening but all in all it was a 5 out of 10.
Plus for me, wife and 8 year old daughter the bill was $180.

I'm sure I posted a note on this way back at the time, I'll need to look at my previous posts.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

also the papaya cream dessert with black current liqueur - favourite dessert for the holiday.
Closed Thread