Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jan 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For me I think Biden is right to tighten restrictions. Why would you want people flying in to your country bringing new variants or even the old variant when you have so many issues with the virus yourself.
Old 19 Jan 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Of course Biden will tighten up the restrictions. It made me laugh browsing twitter last night rejoicing Trump lift.
Absolutely the right decision to keep ban, he has already communicated no lifting.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Hi. I live in the US.
Our new President is determined to get the virus (and the vaccine program) under control. Until we see how that's progressing, I don't see how he can open our borders to tourists. It wouldn't be safe for anyone, I think.
I hope you can return when the time is right, and I hope it's soon.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
Hi. I live in the US.
Our new President is determined to get the virus (and the vaccine program) under control. Until we see how that's progressing, I don't see how he can open our borders to tourists. It wouldn't be safe for anyone, I think.
I hope you can return when the time is right, and I hope it's soon.
Your border IS open to tourists.

It may not be quite as open as this time last year, but a friend of mine from the UK has just enjoyed his time in Miami. Because we can't come directly from the UK to the US, he had two very nice weeks in the Caribbean first - something any of us can do, and the list of countries that can freely travel to the US is a lot longer than the list that can't.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Apologies. I meant open to tourists without going through another country first.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
Apologies. I meant open to tourists without going through another country first.
It is though. There's a whole load of countries from which people can freely travel to and from the US.

There's a shorter list, which includes the UK, that can't.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I suspect he is right. However the day I listen to Simon Calder is the day I will give up.

This is the Guy who tells people to get an International Driving Permit for America!
I think he may be confusing the issue and is speaking about anyone who has a foreign language licence - they would then need to get an International one. I'm thinking about Wales, Ireland and Scotland - so they supply licences in their own language?
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
I think he may be confusing the issue and is speaking about anyone who has a foreign language licence - they would then need to get an International one. I'm thinking about Wales, Ireland and Scotland - so they supply licences in their own language?
All licences issued int he UK are fine for America.

The ones we get here in Wales are bilingual so perfectly acceptable.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Your license can be in a foreign language but its got to be in "Roman" lettering.
Old 19 Jan 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

He’s a ****!

Biden wants covid under control first - and I don’t blame him. He’s got a lot of mess to clear up!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List