Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Nov 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Is this too good to be true? £7.99 per month and 10% off food shop twice a month !
I spend at least £200 per week at Tesco so it’s a win, win unless i have got it wrong?
£200 per week?!

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

It would be worth it for us too I think but I dont shop in store anymore, stopped it a while ago and I dont really want to go back to it! I've noticed a big difference in delivery slots since they stopped using carrier bags, I wondered if each delivery takes a bit longer now so they cant fit as many slots in an hour. I have booked different times these last couple of weeks as they are booking up much quicker!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be worth it for us either. I do my main shop at Lidl (£70ish per week) if I venture in to Tesco I can spend that and have hardly anything in the trolley... I have a menu and a shopping list but put me in a big shop with lots of choice I impulse buy. (Like a crazy woman)... hence the avoidance of Tesco...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Tesco Plus is a big spender lure, definitely not for us. The 'big 4' constantly look for ideas as they continue to lose customers to Lidl/Aldi, who, generally, offer quality items far cheaper. We save considerably more than 10% by shopping at Lidl/Aldi.

Up to 2017 we bought circa 70% of our shop at Tesco, that figure's dwindled to circa 5% as main spends beame Lidl with an odd item from a new Aldi in a very local town between Tesco and ASDA (Aldi's directly across the road from ASDA). Lidl will soon be opening in that town too. I do nip into ASDA as I like their Shades tissues, it used to be heaving whereas the loss of customers to over the road Aldi is very evident.
Old 20 Nov 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

I will be signing up.easily earn back the 7.99 plus you retain all the old club card benefits and 10% of Tesco brands on all purchases.
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I'll be signing up too. We don't do our big shops with them any more, but we're with Tesco mobile and we'll all get double data for that. Plus we still do shop in there a bit, with our main shop being at Aldi. I'm sure we could easily spend £80 a month in there to cover the cost of the plan, giving us double data for free

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
£200 per week?!
I know, it’s ridiculous. We have tried & tried to get it down. It’s not all good though, it includes household cleaning products (with a clean freak husband we go through loads) and toiletries.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I know, it’s ridiculous. We have tried & tried to get it down. It’s not all good though, it includes household cleaning products (with a clean freak husband we go through loads) and toiletries.
Do you not have a home bargains or other discount store that you could get your toiletries from much cheaper ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

We go to Wilko for our toiletries
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
gemms2000
Getting Excited

Mobile

I signed up to it on Monday as my shopping list for this week contained washing stuff, toilet rolls, cleaning stuff and Christmas bits (selection boxes and advent calendars are half price) Spent £80 so saved the £7.99 I’d spent straight away. I’ve then got a month to do another ‘big’ shop which will be easy to do in the final week before Christmas. So it’s worked for me!
Oh and I also saved 10% on the nappies my little one also needs.
gemms2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List