Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Feb 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Back from week away in Feb! Highs and Lows

Hi

We have arrived back today after a week away i Florida (it was DH's 50th Birthday present). I was worried that it would feel too rushed as we have been for 4 weeks for the past few years! It really didn't and it was so lovely to have a few days of winter sun! We only did Universal though as we bought Annual passes last year.

Highs
- Weather - we were so lucky and apart from 1 day it was t shirt and shorts weather.
- Villa - we rented a villa from the Dibb (Sage) - it was absolutely beautiful and it was perfect for us
- Mardi Gras - it was the first time that we have been at this time of year and it was a new experience
-Shopping - Got some really good bargains from CK, MK, Nike and Addidas
Fast passes for US and IOA as we stayed at RPR for 1 night. (also see lows)
- Family time - it's been a busy few months so it was lovely to spend time together
- Winter sun - just blissful

Lowes
Not much really:
- Flight out - was absolutely freezing! Complained twice about the temperature but apparenty it was really hot in other parts of the plane!
- Friday weather was really cold
- RPR - upgraded to club (room was not on club level but we were still able to access the lounge so this was fine) - however, we had no text to say room was ready and when we did get back to use the room at around 6 we could not get into the room- this then involved another treck to the lobby. The receptionist came up with us and said that the key pad must be flat. As we had jsut eaten in the lounge we went back out to the park and got bak oround 10 - so that was the first time we were able to access our room. They did put $100 credit onto the room though which more or less paid for the club access. So all was fine
- flight home - couple in front reclined which of course is fine - we had the back row so we also reclined. However they didn't even want to put their chairs up when it mas meal service time which was annoying. Luckily the flight attendants sorted this.
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

So nice to see all the comments on here - I really do wonder why I bother sometimes. I've seen very similar threads with far more comments.
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Well I think that sounds a fab mini trip! I’ve always feared Feb would be too cold but it sounds fine! Flights are usually a good price too so definitely food for thought!

Did you have any nice meals out?

Any shopping bargains?

Happy 50th to your DH 🕺🏽💃
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gforce_iom
Imagineer

gforce_iom's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad you had a nice holiday!

As a matter of interest, since we go next week, how warm was it... apart from your cold Friday?!
1991-96 4 Trips~1997x1~1999x1~2001x1~2004x1~2004/2005x3/2006x2/2007x3/2009x2/2010x2~2011 Westridge Villa~2012 Highlands Reserve Villax3~2013 Hampton Lakesx2~2014 Hampton Lakesx2~2015 Hampton Lakesx1~2017 Sunset Ridgex2~Rosen Shingle Creek~2018 Sunset Ridgex1~2018 Rosen Shingle Creek~2019 Sunset Ridgex1 Hampton Lakesx1 Calabay Parcx1 2020 Highlands Reservex1 2022 Calabay Parcx1 2024 Hunters Creekx1
gforce_iom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We are off to Universal In a couple weeks & hoping for good weather & lots of ☀️.
Thanks for sharing, glad to see you had more highs than lows. x
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We were away last week too. Friday was freezing wasn’t it? Luckily the rest of the week was gorgeous, so I’m not complaining. We normally go in the summer holidays, so it was nice to be just warm and not melting. Were you on the BA flight out on sat 15th? I was freezing the whole way. On our return on sat 22nd, it was far too hot! Glad you had a great time x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
We were away last week too. Friday was freezing wasn’t it? Luckily the rest of the week was gorgeous, so I’m not complaining. We normally go in the summer holidays, so it was nice to be just warm and not melting. Were you on the BA flight out on sat 15th? I was freezing the whole way. On our return on sat 22nd, it was far too hot! Glad you had a great time x
Yes we were on both flights - it was so cold on the way over although DS and DH were sat further down and said they were warm. DD and I were frozen when we got arrived in Florida!
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Well I think that sounds a fab mini trip! I’ve always feared Feb would be too cold but it sounds fine! Flights are usually a good price too so definitely food for thought!

Did you have any nice meals out?

Any shopping bargains?

Happy 50th to your DH 🕺🏽💃
We ate out at Sweet Tomatoes a couple of times which is an absolute favourite
We went to Applebees off the 192 - stood for over 5 mins before a server came over and barked '4?' at us. I got a really bad vibe (and had overheard a table near where we were waiting complaining) so I walked out. We went over road to Bahama Breeze which was lovely.
We also ate at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium which was a fun experience.

Bargains - got a Michael Kors handbag with 2 smaller purses attached for just over $50, DD got a Calvin Klein jumper which after discounts and also using points I had cost her just over $10. A great bargain I got was some perfume sets which should have been $90 for $15 each from the cosmetics company. I am having a brain moment and can't remember which make of perfume - jetlag!
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gforce_iom View Post
Glad you had a nice holiday!

As a matter of interest, since we go next week, how warm was it... apart from your cold Friday?!
It was well into the high 20's each day except the Friday which dropped to about 11 degrees Celcius!
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Friday was really cold, wasn't it!

We were in Blizzard Beach on Thursday and it was 29 degrees when I was in the wave pool mid-afternoon.

I went out for a run on Friday morning and it was 4 degrees with a very bitter wind. All I had was a vest and shorts, whilst the one other runner I saw had layers up top, tights, gloves and a woolly hat.

We went to the Grand Floridian for dinner that night and it was funny to both see people wrapped up for the middle of winter, as well as those who had clearly packed for the warm weather and were struggling in shorts and t-shirts!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List