Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 1 Apr 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyfool View Post
He's a Celebrity, most people don't know him. If you did know him, you could say "well done Dec, you did a great job in the circumstances".

But complete strangers saying this is OTT in my opinion.
Flip it around though, don't you think it's a little OTT for someone to start a thread to moan about someone they don't know and moan about how much people are talking about them. Isn't that just adding to what you are moaning about ?
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don’t watch it but well done to him for just carrying on! If Ant knew he was doing it alone he was probably upset about letting his friend down. I hope everything works out for them, everyone makes mistakes in life and nobody is perfect. Xx
Old 2 Apr 18, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

My post wasn't meant to be nasty.

I'm just fed up of the modern day "obsession" with Celebrities.

Thousands of normal people deal with alcoholism, depression, drug addiction every day, but it goes by almost unheard of. Where's the public sympathy for them and their loved one's?

But if you're on mega-bucks every man and his dog has sympathy for you.
But if a thread comes on here about someone having a hard time with their mental health, losing a pet, splitting up with their husband , struggling with illness, etc etc, then all I can recall is support and sympathy for them.
I don't know anyone on here, but the support I have received when times have been tough has been fantastic and a massive help. Dec must be really grateful that ( nearly ) everyone is giving him praise. Must give him a massive confidence boost
Take the poor lady on here who was dumped by her husband the day before a Disney holiday. What's it on, 300 messages of support ? I bet she feels a whole lot better knowing complete strangers are willing her on

Did people on here not have sympathy with the girl that was taken to hospital after the accident with Dec ? I seem to remember people wishing her well. Don't think she was famous or on £80,000 a day

The fact that Ant is struggling, just shows even more that £80,000 a day doesn't solve all your personal problems. For all we know Dec may be having a massive wobble. At this exact moment in time, where would you like to be, on a mental health ward, or happy in your life with your family ?
Ant would swap with the vast majority of us. And I for one wouldn't swap with him right now for all the tea in China
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 08:10 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Is anyone else fed up with seeing praise for Dec tonight, after him doing a show without his partner Ant?

It must be hard working on your own for £80,000 a DAY mustn't it?
They could pay me £80,000 a day and I still wouldn’t stand in front of a TV camera where millions of people will be watching me.

He deserved the praise IMO. All eyes were on him ready to criticise and comment. I expect the press were desperate for him to slip up and he didn’t.

I also sympathise that his career is, for the most part, dependant on him being in a double act with Ant. Most people can’t say that they rely on a colleague to stay healthy (mentally and physically) and on the straight and narrow in order to keep their career like Dec does. He had to prove that he could do it on his own if that’s where the future takes him.

Edited at 10:09 PM.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

That's the other side of celebrity, with the big pay packet comes loss of privacy and instead of just your local community gossiping and speculating about your choices,the rest of the world feels entitled to comment. Part of the high price of fame. Most people like the OP who are jealous of their money probably wouldn't relish the baggage that comes with it.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfool
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Most people like the OP who are jealous of their money probably wouldn't relish the baggage that comes with it.
You can call me lots of things, but jealous isn't one of them!
Disneyfool is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It's honestly how it came across , most of us wouldn't mind a bank balance of a few million though !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Well you can call me jealous because yes I’d love to make that amount per day... I just have to do with the £45k I make per week
Are you sure you’re not just the tiniest bit jealous of that cash. Would you turn down 1 days wage if it was offered to you. If you did then send it my way.

Dec did well and worth every penny. I assume the per day is per day worked not £29 million a year!
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List