Notices

Old 9 Jan 11, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Brody
Excited about Disney

Just read your pre-trippie to date. You are doing so well with your hol fund so far. I can feel your excitement through your posts.

All of our holidays to Orlando have been "just the two of us" as there is only two of us! It's great, you have no one to please but yourselves!

Hope you manage to sort things out with Virgin and happy selling on ebay
Brody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 11, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
oh no! thats awful! I am sure that Virgin have a duty to refund you providing that transaction wasn't authorised and that amount wasnt due yet! nightmare!
I have followed your advice and listed a few bits on ebay, sold a few but to a german buyer when i stated uk only shipping so we will see how that pans out!
Kenz x

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 11, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

297 days to go!

Well i can now get back to being excited and planning as i now have my money back! (well, nearly). I rang and spoke to Virgin again this afternoon and had a really helpful lady called Danielle who, within about 5 minutes was able to provide me with the authorisation code for my refund - what a relief!

I even managed to relist a few bits on ebay as it was a free listing weekend, so fingers crossed for a few sales this week!

Good luck with the ebaying Kenzie x x

Edited at 11:16 PM.
taran_j is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 11, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

284 days to go

This week has been pretty good for holiday bits and bobs! Last Sunday I went into town and got a bargain in teh Animal shop - found a nice big handluggage holdall for Nick marked down to £13! Nice!

{content removed by admin - please read DIBB Rules for details of what isn't allowed to be posted in the forums - thank you}

My main aim between now and May is to try and pay off the holiday (me and Nick are paying off our halves seperately out of wages) then make enough on ebay to pay off the rest of cruise and get some more pennies towards tickets. If i can get all of this sorted by the end of May then this will give me five months to concentrate solely on spends!

It's getting very real now, even Nick seems to be getting excited a little. He came home the other night telling me about how he'd been talking about Epcot with one of their customers who they were doing a plumbing job for... haha, i knew i'd get to him!

My aim for today is to list on ebay - i've got a lot of Nick's tools to put on as he's recently upgraded and a few wii games too which i had for Xmas but just don't like. Fingers are firmly crossed for a few hundred £'s towards the cruise/tickets!

Til next time x x

Edited at 11:17 PM.
taran_j is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 11, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Loving your pre-trippy and seeing how things are coming along, i am seeling loads on Ebay too and also making and selling cards and putting that money straight into a tin along with a separate tin for £2 coins, looking forward to reading more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 11, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi

Really enjoying your pre-trippy such a great feeling when the countdown drops below 300, 200, 100 and so on

Keep them coming

Kev
kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 11, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bridgetg View Post
Loving your pre-trippy and seeing how things are coming along, i am seeling loads on Ebay too and also making and selling cards and putting that money straight into a tin along with a separate tin for £2 coins, looking forward to reading more
Thanks for reading Ebay is definately my holiday saviour, i've woken up and already sold two buy it nows which i listed yesterday evening! I too am a £2 hoarder - my sister has a small craft shop so i make her collect them then i swap them for notes to go in my tin! Good luck with your ebay sales x x x

Originally Posted by kev007 View Post
Hi

Really enjoying your pre-trippy such a great feeling when the countdown drops below 300, 200, 100 and so on

Keep them coming

Kev
Thanks for reading Kev You are so right about the countdown dropping, Nick is already getting hacked off with me chirping at him '284 days' and as for my work coleagues, well i think they are going to be bored very soon too, for now they just find it highly amusing how excited i get about seeing Mickey Mouse!
Old 24 Jan 11, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Enjoying your pre trippie

Cant wait for more ! x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 11, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

272 days to go!

Hi everyone!

Well the days are slowly but surely going down! The last few weeks have been a bit quiet, managed to pay a bit more off the holiday and popped some more onto our $'s fairfx card, so we already have $500 on the card which is pretty good being as i'm not really concentrating on spends just yet!

Ebay is a little slow, i'm waiting for a free listing weekend really, but fingers crossed if all the buy-it-now items go i'll have a fair few pounds to pay towards the cruise! Fingers crossed for a few sales over the weekend!

I have changed from Weight Watchers to Slimming World two weeks ago, I managed to lose 5 stone last year on the old weight watchers, but just didn't get on with the new pro points, so decided to switched. I lost 4lbs in my first week and 2lbs last night very pleased! want another 2 stone off before holiday! I also won the raffle at class, the prize was a crisp £10 note which i have put in the notes tin - more mickey mouse money!

Hopefully the next update will be a bit more exciting x x x

Edited at 11:18 PM.
Old 13 Feb 11, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

263 days and counting!

Time seems to be going quickly at the moment, which i am more than happy about!

Last weekend was miserable weather so i stayed in and did a bit of dibbing! When we were in Tenby the other week we saw pirate t-shirts saying 'Tenby Pirates' which we though were cute, and fancied something similar for the pirate party on board the Dream! So... after some googling I ended up on a t-shirt designing web-site and did a pirate design each with 'Welsh Pirates' written on the front - Nick loved them, and they cost £11 for the two including postage - will post a pic when they arrive!

This weekend I have spent mostly stuck at the computer ebaying as its a free listing weekend - have managed to get 58 items on - had another big sort out of my wardrobe as more clothes are now too big! so i'm hoping for a few sales, have more to list, but am bored, bored, bored of listing so i give up!

And lastly today I have taken the plunge and become a dibb passholder! This means i will be adding some nice piccies along the way which should brighten things up around here!

Also... instead of valentines prezzies, me and Nick have decided to put £20 each into our savings tin - much better! fingers crossed they'll be lots of pennies in it soon enough! Have decided to wait til end of May to open them up and bank everything - sooo tempted to count everything now - need to be patient!

Til next time...

Edited at 11:18 PM.