Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Oct 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kaspian View Post
Fingers crossed for DDP in 2022. We just like to know our food is sorted and paid for before we go, no worrying about money!
Why don't you put what you would spend on food onto a card in advance. That way you won't have to worry about it.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Why don't you put what you would spend on food onto a card in advance. That way you won't have to worry about it.
We’ve done that in the past but would still prefer to have DDP. We felt we watched what we ate because we were paying for it which we don’t do on DDP, even if we buy it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We’ve done that in the past but would still prefer to have DDP. We felt we watched what we ate because we were paying for it which we don’t do on DDP, even if we buy it.
Fair enough. It's not an issue for me as I don't like steak and am allergic to seafood and they tend to be the most expensive things. I eat mainly chicken and that tends to be at the cheaper end of the scale.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Fair enough. It's not an issue for me as I don't like steak and am allergic to seafood and they tend to be the most expensive things. I eat mainly chicken and that tends to be at the cheaper end of the scale.
It wasn’t just main meals. We also became very aware of what we ate snack wise, especially since we went during Food & Wine. I do get what people say about putting money on gift cards etc but for us the peace of mind of knowing it’s all prepaid adds value.

Anyway, hopefully it’ll be free in 2022 and it’ll be a moot point!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Since my last visit in 2016 I like that they replaced the dessert with a extra snack credit instead as many times I was full from the main meal or didn’t like the dessert on offer. I hope it does come back in 2022 as I’m looking at booking our 2023 holiday in April 2022.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sandy the only dessert replaced was the QS one, the TS one is still the same, there were however a few places allowing this to be "swapped" for a small side salad or soup but never done it so don't know if that was across the board.
TBH not really interested in DDP as it stands, different if it's Free but we are in the position where we don't need it for a whole stay, but definitely would consider it if those desserts changed to starters
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Sandy the only dessert replaced was the QS one, the TS one is still the same, there were however a few places allowing this to be "swapped" for a small side salad or soup but never done it so don't know if that was across the board.
TBH not really interested in DDP as it stands, different if it's Free but we are in the position where we don't need it for a whole stay, but definitely would consider it if those desserts changed to starters
SD
Unlikely. Desserts cost less to make and tend to be prepared ahead of time so are quick. Appetisers are more expensive for the restaurant and tend to slow things down - they want you in, fed and out in 45 minutes mostly.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Disney only do anything that makes them money. If ultimately it doesn’t make them money, they drop it like a stone.
Given the free DDP has been going four years, it made them money.
It was making them less money which is the reason before Covid, it was getting more restricted in busier times (October for example which is now packed). So the money they now got from elsewhere in those times was more, so they dropped free DP.
They will not know yet what will make them more money in a post Covid world. Huge pent up demand and people willing to spend top dollar? It won’t come back. Quiet parks? It could come back even stronger.
One thing is likely- even if there is a post Covid boom, one day the economy will be bad and they will want to drive business and this is a tried and tested method, so one day it will probably come back in some form- even if that’s 10 years from now.
Old 18 Nov 20, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
molly48
Excited about Disney

What months do they normally have ddp. We were due to go in sept and it was free. We are thinking about 2022 but November but wasn’t sure if they do it then. If they do start it again 🤞

1995 /1998 Disney All star music 1997 Quality inn plaza 2000 Caribbean beach 2004 Calabay parc
2005 southern dunes 2007/2008 Indian creek villa
2015 Avanti hotel / 2018 dibb villa Solterra. Port Orleans french quarter 2020
molly48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by molly48 View Post
What months do they normally have ddp. We were due to go in sept and it was free. We are thinking about 2022 but November but wasn’t sure if they do it then. If they do start it again 🤞
It used to be all year round except December and a blackout period of about three weeks either side of Easter.

However from memory last time it was offered (in 2019 for 2020 holidays) it was only available up until September and it was more restrictive in that some hotels and room types were restricted as well.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List