Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Feb 11, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Part 10 ..

Hoping to upload my video of the Royal Suite here!
Old 13 Feb 11, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lecras
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 53
Great pics! Can I just ask though, is that a HA 1 bed concierge? It looks a little different from the others I've seen pictures of. Also, did you go in the concierge lounge? Just wondering what kind of food and snacks they have on offer.

Can't wait until it's our turn to board!

Charlotte
lecras is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 11, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by lecras View Post
Great pics! Can I just ask though, is that a HA 1 bed concierge? It looks a little different from the others I've seen pictures of. Also, did you go in the concierge lounge? Just wondering what kind of food and snacks they have on offer.

Can't wait until it's our turn to board!

Charlotte
Standard 1 bed.

Not sure about snacks .. possibly not worth paying the extra for! The lounge looked nice, but you can only go in there if you're in Concierge, which means if you meet up with friends, or meet new people who aren't in Concierge, you can't meet up together.
As far as I'm aware, the people that got a really cheap upgrade to Concierge were pretty pleased, but the people who'd paid up front (a lot more obviously), weren't quite so pleased. Still happy as it's beautiful of course. The favourite thing seemed to be the private sunbathing lounge actually! It was lovely and I thought I had photos, but apparently not .. I'll keep looking.
Old 13 Feb 11, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Absolutely stunning! that teen area looks amazing! Good to see us flatties had such a fab time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 11, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

WOW it looks gorgeous, trying the med for first cruise ever, am sure we will get hooked and have to save for the dream or fantasy.
Old 13 Feb 11, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for posting these, I am very much looking forward to our maiden voyage in October :-)

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 11, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeymo
VIP Dibber

thanks for the pictures - can't wait fo our turn
dopeymo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 11, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Oh look, a few more!

The queue for the new Dooney and Bourke Inaugural Dream Sailings bags (I got one! )

The lovely cushions on the beds. On one side it has the Dream fancy logo and on the other, 'A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep'.

Outside cabanas in the lift area

Meridian Lounge (Palo/Remy area)

The seats made to look like old style suitcases
Old 13 Feb 11, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
The first photo I posted (on the first page) is of the embroidery done by Dibber MandyJ. She has lots of DCL patterns for her machine and for me, she embroidered onto a pillowcase which I then gave in to Guest Services along with some Sharpie markers and sweets. They get the characters to sign it and return it to your stateroom on the last night.

Don't use yellow pen on white cotton ok ... it doesn't show up too good. Poor Pluto will need to be written over in a darker pen!

I've never found anyone else who has the DCL logos and characters, so if you want pillowcases done for your own cruise, look her up here on the Dibb (she is an advertiser on here).

I'll take a photo of the signed pillowcase and put that up too when I can.
Old 13 Feb 11, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lecras
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 53
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Not sure about snacks .. possibly not worth paying the extra for! The lounge looked nice, but you can only go in there if you're in Concierge, which means if you meet up with friends, or meet new people who aren't in Concierge, you can't meet up together.
As far as I'm aware, the people that got a really cheap upgrade to Concierge were pretty pleased, but the people who'd paid up front (a lot more obviously), weren't quite so pleased. Still happy as it's beautiful of course. The favourite thing seemed to be the private sunbathing lounge actually! It was lovely and I thought I had photos, but apparently not .. I'll keep looking.
Thanks, I'm not expecting the snacks to 'make up' the extra cost of booking concierge, but the Magic and Wonder don't have a concierge lounge at all so this is a nice addition. It's just DH and me cruising so meeting up with others isn't a concern.

Charlotte
lecras is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List