Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 May 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I'm not sure what you think the standard menu is, but as a frequent diner at Teppan Edo, I'd say the "standard menu" is teppanyaki.

The full-on Teppan Edo experience has been running for a fair few months. Here's when Paging Mr Morrow visited back in January:

I can't see any mention of the teppanyaki part on here disneyworld/dining/epcot/teppan-edo/ in terms of cost etc. The menu on there is what I'd say the standard menu is, i.e. what you'd order from if you were just sat in one of the dining rooms rather than at one of the cooking stations. I couldn't see it on any of the blog websites either.

If it is open though then happy days!

*edit*

Is the 'Combination' part of the menu for the teppanyaki? I don't remember it being like that before if it is.

Edited at 10:22 AM.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
I can't see any mention of the teppanyaki part on here disneyworld/dining/epcot/teppan-edo/ in terms of cost etc. The menu on there is what I'd say the standard menu is, i.e. what you'd order from if you were just sat in one of the dining rooms rather than at one of the cooking stations. I couldn't see it on any of the blog websites either.

If it is open though then happy days!

*edit*

Is the 'Combination' part of the menu for the teppanyaki? I don't remember it being like that before if it is.
Both the Entrées and Combinations sections of the menu on the WDW site are the standard teppanyaki offerings, cooked in front of you by the chef. It's what I've had there on each one of at least 10-12 visits over the last few years.

Open that video and skip to the middle you'll see it happening.

They now position perspex screens between the differing groups that are seated at the same table being served by the same chef.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
So, for example...

Filet Mignon* $38.00
6 oz cut served with sunomono salad, udon noodles, vegetables, and steamed white rice

... will be...

- Steak which the chef will cook in front of you
- Noodles which the chef will cook on the hot plate and divide between all diners at his table
- Mixed vegetables, as above
- A bowl of rice which will be served to you by the waitress from the kitchen

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I enjoyed Via Napoli last time we went. We shared one of those large pizzas it was really nice!
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

I have not been to WDW since 2017 and then I was on dining plan. I’m browsing the menus of the restaurants recommended above and THE PRICES!

$50 for a pizza! And that’s before a tip and a drink. Takeaway at villa with a bottle of wine looking increasingly appealing!

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Surprisingly we absolutely loved 9 Dragons- my son says it’s his favourite restaurant.
Old 11 May 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Nine dragons is great and the price is not as crazy as some of the others.

Here’s our review from summer 2019. Here
Old 15 May 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Big Belle View Post
I have not been to WDW since 2017 and then I was on dining plan. I’m browsing the menus of the restaurants recommended above and THE PRICES!

$50 for a pizza! And that’s before a tip and a drink. Takeaway at villa with a bottle of wine looking increasingly appealing!
Tbf the $50 ones are family size and feed 4-6 people. We had one back in 2014.

We’d also second Teppan Edo and we also had a fab meal at Tutto Italia in 2019. Feel free to have a nosy at my trip report for pics.

We’ve been to Le Cellier a good few times which is good but there are better places for steak now on Disney property. 😊
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 21, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Surprisingly we absolutely loved 9 Dragons- my son says it’s his favourite restaurant.
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Nine dragons is great and the price is not as crazy as some of the others.

Here’s our review from summer 2019. Here
Nine Dragons is a funny one. It seems to have had a reputation of being very poor for a number of years, and that perception seems to have stuck with many.

But the odd review I've seen on vLogs over the last year or two have all been pretty positive.

I think I'll add it to our "could be an option" list for when we're struggling to get into a favourite or have a change of plan that sees us in Epcot with no dining arrangements.

Part One
Part Two
Old 16 May 21, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
We like Coral Reef, Monsieur Paul and Spice Road Table (which has some lovely outside seating).
Not sure if they’d suit a very fussy eater though.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List