Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jun 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by Miss_Tangled View Post
I’ve had this too...arms up, wands out and it’s the bra every time
I always wear underwired and have never been pulled over it?
Genuinely bemused at some of these posts, we fly 6-8 times a year minimum , Manchester outbound and have never had any of the issues mentioned here?
I also wear plastic Swatches only, they don’t ask for these to be removed, never take expensive jewellery away.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Laughing here! Only on the Dibb can a post about a stolen watch end up as a discussion on M&S bras
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

Having worked at LHR for over 20 years and travelled a fair bit i'm well used to security searches, got it down to a T now, change, watches and phones are put in either coat pockets or bag pockets, coat and bag goes in the first tray, any laptops, ipad's go in the second tray.
Normally i'll go through first followed by everyone else that way i can keep any eye on everthing.
I can see how it easy it is for opportunist's to take other people's items, i've followed some people through security with 4 or 5 trays of stuff, then they get all flustered trying to re-pack it all with other people trying to get their stuff as queues are forming.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I always wear underwired and have never been pulled over it?
Genuinely bemused at some of these posts, we fly 6-8 times a year minimum , Manchester outbound and have never had any of the issues mentioned here?
I also wear plastic Swatches only, they don’t ask for these to be removed, never take expensive jewellery away.
Not just any underwire, these are m&s underwired
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
We was shocked. I still don’t understand why they made us do it. The boxes had the pharmacy label on them with the medications details and daughters name etc. We kept the boxes because without them we just had a load of glass cartridges and insulin pens if that makes sense.
Depends who you get i think

I’ve flown with my granddaughter on 9 flights in the last 6 months and only once at Heathrow last month have I been made to remove all her bottles and place them in individual trays for scanning .. that’s loads of fun with 9 bottles ...

I’ve no clue why they insisted on it.. the woman was extremely stroppy to say the least .. I asked she kept the bottles upright as they were leaking laid down to be told it would be fine .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Genuinely shocked at this.

I've never seen any admit to reading the Daily Mail before.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Glad you mentioned Bra’s Tom!

I got stopped coming home from Greece, I had no belt, not watch, no earrings (thanks to a mishap with a canoe and the sea! ), no metal in anything I was wearing and I still set the things off.
Completely forgot about the underwire in my bra! Certain machines definitely pick things up differently - I get stopped EVERY time in Edinburgh. Never in London or Bristol.

I am always worried about leaving my stuff in the tray. But I’ve never yet had it where the tray has gone through quicker than me!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve never taken my watch off and never been asked to either. Everything goes in my bag unless it’s something you have to take out like an iPad or liquids. It’s variable whether they include a kindle in that and sometimes I get away with keeping it in the bag. I do worry every time I go through airport security that my bag gets through before me and is unattended though. Considering it’s security it doesn’t feel very secure!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Genuinely shocked at this.

I've never seen any admit to reading the Daily Mail before.
Agreed, stick to the Daily Sport and Viz Bozza
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Agreed, stick to the Daily Sport and Viz Bozza
This reminds me - watched a combination of Millie Tant and the modern parents trying to go through the fast track security together. Not ideal.

I was crying laughing inside. Which of course is not appropriate to go through security with a secretive smile on your face !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List