Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 2 Aug 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Cairnsy
Trying for More Ears

We are in the same boat, arriving on 18th August.

What’s the current fleet list?
The link in the sticky doesn’t work for me.

It would be good to have a list of fleet to hand if they do try to fob us off with an intermediate suv
Cairnsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevor
New Poster (2)

Originally Posted by legolass View Post
We flew into Miami on 18th July, landed at around 7.30pm and went straight to the garage as we had already done immigration at Toronto. And there was only one vehicle in the standard suv line - it was a Santa Fe, I was a bit disappointed as I’d hoped to have a bit of a choice. It wasn’t a bad car to be fair but we might have picked something different if possible!
Can you tell me if the Sante Fe has Android Auto/Carplay
Stevor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
arty688
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I'm also flying in to Miami on the 11th but not picking the car up until the 13th. I've booked a premium elite SUV. Does anyone know what might be in that line? Cheers
arty688 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stevor View Post
Hi sorry I’m totally clueless about this - but I would say it wasn’t the most flash car we’ve had. In fact I’m wondering if it was a Santa Fe Sport which I think someone said is an intermediate. Which is a bit annoying as we originally booked an intermediate and then paid a bit more for a standard 🙄
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I'm flying on the 7th but going to Avis sorry, so won't be much help
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
I'm flying on the 7th but going to Avis sorry, so won't be much help
You could still go to the Alamo line and look for me - lazy sod 😂

Have a great trip

Dave
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Yes and no - depends on the one you get.

From what I can see, the 2018 Santa Fe came in 2 versions - normal (7 seat) and Sport (5 Seat). I think they did have Apple Car Play/Android Auto so long as they were fitted with the 8” screen which I think was only on Ultimate Limited models and above (though may also be the Ultimate model too). If it’s only got a little centre screen it won’t have it - that’s likely the entry level SE.

The have released the 2019 Santa Fe, but this replaces the ‘Sport’ not the normal one, and is a new design completely. I think it’s lilely to be standard on it but remember - this is the Sport. There is no 2019 ‘big’ Santa Fe - the 2018 model is still available to buy (but not the 2018 Sport which is now replaced).

What I suggest is some research as the hire companies should have fairly new cars so would hope the ‘2018 Sport’ will start to disappear but very likely still a fair few about. Get used to what you need to be looking for.

If you’re going to take a 7-Seat Santa Fe - check the screen to see if it’s big, and if it’s got Leather too it could be a high spec one which look decent.

I still want an Explorer though 😂
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevor
New Poster (2)

Originally Posted by FloridaDave View Post
Yes and no - depends on the one you get.

From what I can see, the 2018 Santa Fe came in 2 versions - normal (7 seat) and Sport (5 Seat). I think they did have Apple Car Play/Android Auto so long as they were fitted with the 8” screen which I think was only on Ultimate Limited models and above (though may also be the Ultimate model too). If it’s only got a little centre screen it won’t have it - that’s likely the entry level SE.

The have released the 2019 Santa Fe, but this replaces the ‘Sport’ not the normal one, and is a new design completely. I think it’s lilely to be standard on it but remember - this is the Sport. There is no 2019 ‘big’ Santa Fe - the 2018 model is still available to buy (but not the 2018 Sport which is now replaced).

What I suggest is some research as the hire companies should have fairly new cars so would hope the ‘2018 Sport’ will start to disappear but very likely still a fair few about. Get used to what you need to be looking for.

If you’re going to take a 7-Seat Santa Fe - check the screen to see if it’s big, and if it’s got Leather too it could be a high spec one which look decent.

I still want an Explorer though 😂
If they have an Explorer that will be my first choice.
Stevor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 02:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Arrived on 14th and they had 8 Santa Fe's to choose from on the front row. Spotted a Ford Edge 3 cars back and they agreed to move a few cars so I could have that. Asked about an explorer but would have cost extra as not in the standard SUV category.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jasser
Proud to wear my Ears

The lwb Santa Fe I have at the mo does have Android Auto with the 8” screen and I’ve been using a 3 at home Sim with it and the data has been fine
jasser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List