Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jan 10, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just to clarify, am planning (sort of) - can you use counter service vouchers towards table service meals?
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 10, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
Park not open for dinners? That's worth noting, thank you! We will be staying at Sequoia as well - where else did you eat? What was the California Grill like?
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 10, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
Thanks very much Craig! Will avoid Cal grill and you're right, doesn't sound like you got much for your Euro in Annette's - heard the restaurants in Sequoia is good and am thinking about Buffalo Bill's too. Assume counter services were open until park closure?
Old 1 Feb 10, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cerigirl
VIP Dibber

cerigirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Did you pre-book your meals?

So far, I have booked Blue Lagoon for the first night at 5pm, which is the latest sitting they would do. On the second day, I have booked Walts for a late-ish lunch and we were going to grab a counter service for supper, although do they stay open until park close, which I guess is going to be at about 6pm.

I have also booked a supper on that evening at Beaver Creek (Sequoia Lodge), just in case we change our minds and decide to eat in the evening, instead of lunch. We shall, of course, cancel whichever one we don't intend to use beforehand. Do you think these options are good choices?

Do you book the Breakfast in the park option when you get there?

1988 - November - Stouffer Resort
1989 - February - Caribbean Beach Resort
2007 - September - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - November - Villa Sorrento/Boardwalk Villas
2009 - December - AKV/OKW/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach!

2013 - December - Glenbrook/Vero Beach/AKV Kidani Village
2016 - Polynesian/Port Orleans Riverside/Saratoga Springs
2018 - December - Bahama Bay
2020 - December - Bahama Bay/Vero Beach
2021 - September - Copper Creek/Polynesian
cerigirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 10, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We had an amazing meal at Cali Grill - the 7 course tasting menu with 3 wines. It would have been 95 Euros but we used our premium vouchers and paid the rest. I've not done a buffet there though.

The restaurants close when the parks do, but you could always have an early dinner. We ate at 4pm at Walt's one time and it was wonderful.

We don't have children and we're foodies, so we like good food in nice surroundings. These were the top two for us.

I think the menus here are reasonably up to date:
magicalkingdoms/dlp/menus/dlp.html

If you look at the tasting menu for Cali Grill - it's pretty much what we had. Very attentive service in luxurious surroundings. I expected the waiters to start singing 'Hello Dolly' any minute.

Other than that, Plaza Gardens is a nice buffet in Disneyland Park.

Cafe Mickey is great in the Village.

Cheyenne food was OK but far too noisy and busy. Not tried Sequoia Lodge but I think it would be a lot nicer.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 10, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney_cjd View Post
this past weekend Walts and none of the others such as Lucky Nuggest etc were open past 2pm So no later dinner option

Also the Cal Grill is running the buffett from the Innoventions whilst that is being done up and frankly its not worth the extra. Whilst you get characters you wont get much of them

There is still secluded Cal Grill upstairs in the private dining room if you want it. I had a good rant about it last night which was funny

Cheers
Craig
Have you any idea when inooventions will be finished?

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 10, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
The latest dinner we were able to book in the parks was for 5.30pm at the Plaza Gardens. This did annoy me a little I have to say as the parks used to open until 8pm during the winter months but now close at 6pm which is why the restaurants close earlier. Its best to check with City Hall or your hotel to the specific restaurants you want to book as some do shut earlier
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 10, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney_cjd View Post
Should be finished this week (feb 4th)
Thank goodness for that.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 10, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
loopylou
Earning More Ears

loopylou's Reviews
I'm going to DLP in Feb half term and it says the parks are open until 8pm (MK) and 7pm (studios). We are planning to go to Lucky Nugget one lunch and I want to work out the best way to use my vouchers.
I'm staying at the New York hotel so have the Dining Plus vouchers on the all meals for free deal. If I used counter service vouchers here what would I pay extra? and if I used the table service vouchers would that cover the whole cost? There are 2 adults and 2 children! Many thanks in advance!
loopylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 10, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
Table Service vouchers in Lucky Nugget would cover the whole buffet, counter service you'd need to pay extra, but not sure how much, sorry (I recall our 26Euro vouchers covered the buffet (normally 33Euros) plus one drink each...
Closed Thread