Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Sep 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile Plantar fasciitis anyone?

Hi does anyone suffer with this?
I was diagnosed with this today
My foots been agony for weeks and weeks had X-rays etc and now diagnosed
They're doing injections and possible wave treatment
Which they're in two minds if it'll work as it's bad
My problem is I can't weight bare when I get out of bed on a morning I literally crawl
And the pain of walking onnit daily luckily I have running shoes with insoles built in for my arches
There's talk of an air boot which would be on for around eight weeks after the injection of it didn't work
Well that'd take
Me right through my Orlando trip
Any advice welcome
As the pain and how I am having to walk is effecting my knee and hip
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post

i rolled my foot on a golf ball for a few weeks, it helped a little

then someone said to wear crocs, the cushioning helps ? ? ? it really does, i wear them at home as " slippers " and i can get out of bed in the morning now without the pain, i wear then straight away
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

I had it once, it took nearly six months to go, it's horrible. My Dh has it at the moment, he's had it for ages really, but he doesn't help himself, he doesn't wear anything on his feet indoors so that's really delayed any healing imo. Skechers were my lifesaver lol.
Old 25 Sep 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I had it for about 2 years and it was awful, the only thing that helped was heels or thick cushioned trainers to support my heels and arches. Definitely no flats or flipflops! The mornings were excruciatingly painful and walking any distance was terrible - rolling your foot over a frozen bottle of water helps with pain but time was the only thing that got mine better .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I had it for a year but eventually it went. Exercises with a golf ball and stretching did help. I also really struggled in the morning and when I had been resting.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

I have it at the min & my osteopath that i see monthly anyway has pinned & ultrasounded it but it doesnt seem to be working. Think I might have to go visit the doc about it soon x
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

I have also just been diagnosed with this too. Its so painful I honestly thought my foot was broke. I have to wear safety trainers for work. So crocs are out for me so i have just bought some socks specifically designed for Planter Faciitis. Hoping they work if not dr said je would sign me off work for a couple of weeks. But 2 years i had just started running. I was hoping to start again.
Hope it gets better soon op x

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I have it in both feet under the arches, I can hardly walk. I have had it for about 2 years and to keep a very long story short and trying numerous treatments the last being experimental injections of enzymes, I cried with the pain and can only hobble around, when the consultant told me there was nothing more they can do and I would have to try and live with the condition I asked how I could apply for a blue badge because I can't walk and he laughed and said he didn't think that was necessary. I really don't no what to do, I live on painkillers and after searching the internet for a 'cure' I have just bought some very expensive Hemp Oil with CBD to try to help with the pain.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I had it in 2015. Absolute agony. My GP sent me for an X Ray and then gave me advice ref rest and the old trick ref a ball under the foot.

Totally ignored everything I was told and walked and walked. Took me 3 months but it improved in the end.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

Mine came back just before we went on holiday. Inserts back in all my shoes but sandals and flip flop were a no no. I managed to get hold of a pair of Vionic flip flops in a sale, made by the the people who make my inserts. They were brilliant, better than my crocs because the support is in the right place. I am wearing them instead of slippers in the house.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List