Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Jul 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Disneymoon with the Besties - May/June 2017 - Day 13 - Narcoossee's brunch, Pixar Live & Fantasmic

Pre-Trip Report

Day -1 - Sunday 21st May - Overnight stay at the Radisson, Manchester

Day 0 - Monday 22nd May - Travel Day and Arrival in NYC

Day 1 - Tuesday 23rd May - Brooklyn Bridge, Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty, Highline and Brooklyn Brewery

Day 2 - Wednesday 24th May - Central Park, Top of the Rock and Book of Mormon

Day 3 - Thursday 25th May - Grand Central and the Natural History Museum

Day 4 - Friday 26th May - NYC to MCO, arrival at Sapphire Falls and Cowfish

Day 5 - Saturday 27th May - Sapphire Falls, arrival of the besties and NBC Grill

Day 6 - Sunday 28th May - Universal Studios and Bahama Breeze

Day 7 - Monday 29th May - IOA, move to POR, House of Blues

Day 8 - Tuesday 30th May - MK, Narcoossee's and Happily Ever After

Day 9 - Wednesday 31st May - Epcot, Le Cellier, Illuminations and Magic Kingdom (take 2!)

Day 10 - Thursday 1st June - Typhoon Lagoon and the Boathouse

Day 11 - Friday 2nd June - Disney's Hollywood Studios and California Grill

Day 12 - Saturday 3rd June - POR and Jiko

Day 13 - Sunday 4th June - Narcoossee's brunch, Disney Springs, Pixar Live & Fantasmic

I was very excited when we woke up this Sunday morning. Ever since they had started the brunch offering at Cali Grill and Narcoossee's, I knew that this particular ADR would suit us to a T. We frequently go for brunch at home, often to our wedding venue, with our friends as it's a great way to catch up on the week's events.

I had decided on Narcoossee's rather than Cali Grill. This was simply because we had an ever so slight preference on the menu at Narcoossee's. I genuinely think, given the quality of our experience here, that either would be superb.

Anyway, we left for our 10am brunch reservation at 9am from POR, a bus for MK arriving almost instantly. MK was already really busy.

However, we made our way through the crowds and were soon ready for the boat over to the GF, an overcast sky looming in the distance.

The boat came within minutes, but it started to spit when we got on board. Goddamn weather! That being said, we could think of worse ways to spend a Sunday morning in Orlando.

We were a bit early for our reservation at the GF, so we had a wander around the amazing lobby. This place is just so beautiful.

Then, very excited for the culinary delights before us, we headed over to Narcoossee's for our waterfront brunch. This was another 'wow' meal. Our brunch here surpassed the evening meal at Narcoossee's (I don't know why or how, it just did) Perhaps it was the difference of the experience, perhaps it was value for money - because no matter what dining plan, you get three courses, perhaps it was our fantastic server, or the unlimited prosecco... either way. This meal just shone.

We were greeted with a glass of prosecco and our server let it be known straightaway that as soon as we wanted any more, it wasn't a problem.

Brunch started with a basket of home made pastries. These were gorgeous but we barely touched them because of the three course situation...

I started with the Salmon Rillette. This was absolutely beautiful and the smoked salmon was exquisite There was perhaps a bit too much of the Rillette versus the crusty bread I was given to go with it, but it was really gorgeous.

However, my taste buds were truly wowed by the Corn and Crab Soup that Neil ordered. Neil doesn't usually have soup, but my God, this stunned us both. This was so gorgeous. If anyone is doing the brunch or is thinking about doing brunch, please, as a personal favour to me, order this soup. It was absolutely stunning It was creamy, with a delicate crab flavour and a touch of sweetness in the corn. Just... heaven.

For mains... Neil had steak and eggs, which he raved about!

And I had the Lobster Eggs Benedict which was stunning.

Right on cue, our server topped up our prosecco. Just fabulous. We felt like celebrities or something This really was the life.

And don't even get me started on dessert. So we had another top up of prosecco. Again, they just did it... they weren't stingy on it at all and then we were served this absolutely delectable plate of treats. I was glad they were just to share as we were pretty full, but this ensured we weren't uncomfortably full.

So our overall verdict on brunch was... do it. If you have the credits spare, I would even suggest this over an evening meal at Narcoossee's - simply because you get three courses at high end Signature quality, pretty much unlimited alcohol and as much food as you can eat. Our waitress even asked us if there was anything else on the menu we wanted to try after we had demolished our entrees. Nothing was too much trouble.

It was a stand out experience

After brunch, given the day looked to be destined for further downpours, we decided to head to Disney Springs to do a bit of shopping. Rather surprisingly, we waited half an hour for a bus to Disney Springs from the GF.

Given what the GF charges, I think I would be a bit annoyed at having to wait so long for a bus there, but hey ho! After our wait, we arrived at a very overcast Disney Springs. We were glad to have the opportunity to explore a bit more and get our bearings!

I nabbed some make up from Sephora in a flash sale and Neil and I got a new Jiminy Cricket decoration for our Christmas tree .

After a couple of hours at Disney Springs, we got the water taxi back to POR.

My gorgeous husband

Neil and I did a bit of washing and had a dip in the pool by Building 85, but it was pretty overcast and still looked like we were due some rain.

TBC...
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Cont...

It was so uncomfortably warm for most of the afternoon and evening, we were just waiting for it to break...

We headed for DHS at around 4pm, as we had a Pixar Live Dining Package with the Hollywood Brown Derby and a FP to see Fantasmic. When we arrived at DHS, it was still looking seriously ominous, but we tucked ourselves away in the Theatre of the Stars for something a bit different: Pixar Live!

The warm up act was the Green Army Men and they were amazing! The General was marching up and down the audience, looking for some poor sod to pick on!

Sure enough, one poor bloke who looked around the same age as me and Neil was called upon to do sit ups by the General, however, none of his exercises were to the General's satisfaction, so he had to keep doing it, again and again and again.

Eventually, however, the orchestra came on and the concert began!

This was absolutely fantastic! They played the main soundtracks and scores from Toy Story, Finding Dory, Up, The Incredibles, Cars and Monsters Inc, with visuals on the main screens so there was something for the kids to look at. Up had me choked, as well as most of the audience.

They also had guest appearances throughout...

And a massive singalong for 'You've Got A Friend in Me' at the end.

It really was wonderful.

After this, Neil and I were ready to check in for our ADR at the Hollywood Brown Derby.

We had visited the Derby twice in 2014, the first time had let us down, the second time was excellent. However, after our visit this time, Neil and I concluded that while the food is really good, it doesn't compare to the Narcooossee's, the California Grills and the Boathouses of this world... That being said, as Neil underlined as we were eating, the Derby's strength for us, is its location. There are very few restaurants of this calibre that are easy to get to from DHS if you're wanting to spend the evening there for Fantasmic or Star Wars... We did Flying Fish on the last night, which did work, but it felt a bit rushed...

Anyway, back to the Derby. We were seated at a booth in the centre of the restaurant.

Still jealous of Neil's soup that morning, I had the Corn and Crab soup

It was gorgeous... but not as nice as the one at Narcoossee's

Neil had the Jumbo Lump Crab Cake

He said this was really gorgeous.

For mains... I had the Duck...

And Neil had the Salmon...

And we both had the trio of desserts. By the looks of it, I had the Blueberry Crumble, the Bananas Foster and the Cheesecake.

The meal was lovely, don't get me wrong. It just wasn't outstanding. And given the calibre of restaurants at Disney, we just feel that the Derby doesn't quite cut it anymore. It's gorgeous... but not 'wow.'

Anyway, when we emerged from the Derby, the rain we had been promised all day finally came. And it poured... right in time for Fantasmic. The macs came out and we made our way over to the Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre. Both of us were fully expecting Fantasmic to be called off. I think everyone was.

Neil and his grumpy face.

We were pretty wet, and if I'm honest, it was still raining when they announced that Fantasmic was on!

I was really quite shocked. They've cancelled it for less rain in the past!

But nonetheless, we were thrilled to see Mickey triumph over Maleficent once more! Hurrah!

It had been a great day!

Day 14 - Photoshoot, Disney Springs and STK is here

Edited at 02:28 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Lobster eggs benedict ❤️❤️❤️
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Oh my goodness you're having some amazing meals! Brunch at Narcoossee's looks AMAZING xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Brunch looks divine, something I really want to do.

Dinner looks yummy too!

Really hoping that the Pixar concerts get extended into September for our trip.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Amazing food day! Both meals look awesome!

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List