Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Dec 10, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Kel that is great. At least you know what you did worked and was worth it!
Just shows you can have special trats if you work hard first! x

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 10, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Well done on the losses girlies that's great! I stayed the same which is a god send after the weekend!

I'm doing low carb for the next few weeks! Had a bit of an episode oer the weekend wont go into but its spurred me on and i want to something that's going to shift it and realtively quick!

So kel thanks for your email this morning, if you dont mind could you just have a wee look over my food for today to make sure im going the right direction

Breakfast

Asda - Unsmoked Bacon Rasher, 2 Rasher (31.25g)
Egg Fried 60g - Egg Fried 60g, 60 g

Lunch
Bernard Matthews - Roast Turkey Breast Chunks, 55 g
Tesco - Wafer Thin Ham, 3 slice
Birds Eye Field Fresh - Single Steam Bag Carrots, Peas and Broccoli Florets, 2 bag

Dinner
Sainsbury's Taste the Difference - British Beef Steak Burgers, 1 burger
Snacks
Mini Baby Bell Light - Mini Baby Bell Light, 5 piece (25g)
Cucumber - With peel, raw, 0.5 cucumber (8-1/4")
Vegetables - Celery - Stalk (Raw), 4 Stalk
Hartleys - Sugar Free Strawberry Jelly, 1/4 pint

Hope that's ok! Works out to be 27g of carbs according to myfitnesspal.com but not net carbs if that makes sense. So i think this right that my steamed veg is only 2.4g, 4g in the celery and i think 3.5g for cucumber. So only 9.9g of net carbs, is that ok?

Did some exercise this morning was doing Urban Dance was quite fun maybe not high intensity think it gets harder but I only managed 42 mins cause i slept in and then had to leave, the next section was harder but i stopped it there. So will try and do it tonight! Was really fun though with good music.

So feeling good today, feel quite satisfied food wise and not hungry which is unusual for me at this time so thats quite good!

Edited at 10:16 PM.
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 10, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi Kim, the food looks perfect. Dont worry about quantities though, beauty of low carb is that you can eat as much as you want just of only certain foods so if you are still hungry, eat more. You could, for example, have two burgers, melted cheese on top and a bit of ketchup. Just check out the ingredient on the burgers as sometimes they add breadcrumbs but i reckon yours are fine as they say pure. Good luck honey. Xx
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 10, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Morning ladies! Just finished the kate cardio boxing taking as general aerobics so 417 cals burned this morning! Heading for me shower now!
have a good day everyone... kel try not eat hangover food lol!
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 10, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Ladies,

I've missed so much over the past week and hardly have any time to catch up!

I have well and truely fell off the wagon and cant get on. Weighed in this morning and I have put on 4lb in 3 weeks I just cant seem to find the motivation just now with the weather being so bad and all i want to do is sit on my warm sofa and eat!

I know I cant go on like this and I am determined that come January I will succeed as the weeing is getting closer and I will not be a fat bride!

Its just what to do in the mean time as I have so much on uptil January! This week I have Meatloaf concert on Thursday, work night out Friday (going to Newcastle), Girly night saturday and Shakira concert on Sunday and right now as Shakira says... My hips dont lie! I feel soo bloated but cant stop craving fattening food! Think I need my jaw wired!

Any way need to get back to work so hope your all ok xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 10, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Me again!

Just writing down what i've eaten today and making sure i'm doing ok.

Breakfast
Eggs
2 x unsmoked bacon rahsers (fat cut off)

Snacks

Roasted salted macadamia nuts 60g ( a little confused with this, its say there is 3g of carbs and 3.4g fibre, so doesn't that mean i count it as nothing?)
Walnut halves 50g (same thing with these too, fibre more than carbs)
Fride raiders 65g pack 1.6g carbs
Sugar free jelly
celery 4 stalks 4g carbs
1/4 cucumber 3.5g carbs

Lunch
Bernard matthews turkey chunks
Wafer thin ham
Steamed veg bag (having one these for dinner too) 2.4g carbs

Dinner
1 reggae reggae chargrilled chicken 4.6g carbs
1 chargrilled chicken 3.8g
Steamed veg (counted my carbs up above)

So my total carbs today are 19.9g, quite a bit higher than yesterday but hope thats still ok? Also been putting it all into fitness pal so i can work out net carbs and its showing as i've eaten/going to eat 1895 cals which seems like amssive amount to me, is that ok to eat that much? Sorry for posting so much just trying to get to grips with it and make sure i'm doing it right, dont want to put weight on lol! Guess its tried to get to grips with a totally different way of thinking and dieting!

Edited at 03:03 PM.
Old 14 Dec 10, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi girls,
Well im virtually over my hangover and am doing some work at the mo. God I felt ROUGH last night, its years and years since I felt like that. The problem was that the manager of us all (about 20 of us) decided that to say thank you to all our hard work this year that he would put a tab behind the bar and pay for all the food and drinks, and that was it really I had farfar too much to drink. I might not come across like this on here but I'm actually really shy in normal life but when I get drunk I get really loud and very huggy and I think people find be hilarious and that then just makes me worse!I had a lucky escape though cause some of this girls wanted me to say over in Brum with them and carry on drinking but hubby was there and was like ''righto time for home for you!''. It wouldnt have been so bad but I had a 2 hour journey home and that is the WORSE thing to do when feeling like that and I ended up throwing up in the company car with my manager, work collegue and Alex there. Luckily my manager and my work collegue are almost like family to me, we are all very close so they just laughed and turned up the music and kept handing me tissues. Never again am I getting that drunk, apparently I drank two bottles of wine but I did give a lot away as one woman smashed a glass and spilt red wine all over our head - thank goodness that wasnt me - but anyway I gave her a couple of glasses as I felt sorry for her. Goodness only knows what drunken rambles I said to people who are much higher than me in the company, I'll prolly get in tomorrow and pick up my P45. Oh well, never mind I wasnt the first and I wont be the last to throw up after a night out so no harm done, I gotta say though that my Fridays work do I'll be a bit more paced at I think.
Anyway, today I havent been good food wise I must admit as I've had choccies and crisps but I honestly couldnt have consumed any calories yesterday, at all! I'll improve when I'm feeling less tender.
Hi Yvonne, Oh its so hard isnt it at this time of year? I really dont know what to say to make you stick to it any better, all I can say is try and do what I do and diet and exercise inbetween so you can let go at party time - its the only way otherwise you'll put on a lot of weight thats hard to shift and you will be put back so much its daunting come Jan trying to lose it all. Just try really hard and grab those bits in between when you feel well. x

Hi Kim - all perfectly fine, most nuts, aside from dry roasted peanuts and I think cashews, are either very low or zero net carbs, so yes thats right. The fibre out weighs the carbs as your body uses fibre and doesnt store it as fat so the higher the fibre and the lower the carbs the better. I used to eat salted peanuts a lot which are low carbs. 19g of carbs a day is very low for an adult so yes you are officially on a low carb diet. To put it into context, most adults will have around 100-200g carbs a day, your Tony Feguson drinks used to have 30g net carbs in each one, so at 19g you are very low. Whilst you get used to it, keep checking the packets but as time goes on just eat as much as you want of the foods you know are fine. 'Real' meat is zero carbs - chicken breast, turkey breast, beef and so on so if you can afford to get them and snack on them, feel free. Oil is zero carbs so feel free to fry your bacon and eggs. The reason low carbs diets get such a bad rep is because they can be high fat but as you are cutting off the fat then you are low carb, low cal and low fat generally so you are doing ok. How do you feel? Do you feel hungry and stuff?
One thing I forgot to say when I messaged you yesterday, is - um, slightly embarrassing - but if you can, make sure you go to the loo before getting into the diet so much as you will go a lot less frequently when low carbing as you dont have much waste and not a huge amount of fibre to push it through - a lot of people take fibre supplements or add fibre powder to their foods for this very reason, I dont bother though unless its been a while. lol
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 10, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

oh yvonne, i now how you feel i was like that for the past few weeks, once everythings over you'll get back into it! I had a bit of a break through at the weekend in terms of motivation (mainly family saying i was fat but meh) so its really spurred me on and i'm really trying to be good, i think all you can do is try and be sensible when your not doing anything so your not doing too much damage when your out and about!

Kel, thanks for taking the time to keep me on the right track, had been updating my top post, its not really low cal as today its looking like im eating 1895 cals, is that ok to be eating so much?

Glad the hangovers not too bad! I physically cant function the niext day and am very grumpy lol! Get back to exercising to work that choco off lol!
Old 14 Dec 10, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Thats fine about the cals, I actually wouldnt have said its that high but as your on the my fitness pal it must be, either way, dont worry about cals just net carbs. When I was low carbing and losing a lot of weight in the run up to the wedding I was eating 4-6 rashers of bacon a whole chicken breast and loads of salad just for one meal, I was snacking on Atkins bars and I was having my shakes. I was also having loads of cheese, often a block a week, goodness knows how many cals that was but I know it was low carb and I was losing weight. lol. You should find you arent as hungry on low carb as you dont have the sugar rushes but every now and then you will get hungry but just have meat or something. You most definatly shouldnt feel bloated and youll find that makes you thinner too. I'm not a huge fish lover but I do like tuna and cod and so I used to have cans of tuna for snacks with salt and vinegar on, I liked it.
I'm having the same tea as you today - chargrilled chicken and steam fresh veg, very easy to cook and tasty too. I have ketchup with mine.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 14 Dec 10, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

ok doke, i've not been hungry at all! Was maybe a little last night but i went to bed lol! Seems to be snacking all the time! Fingers crossed i lose weight really need to get it off! Went into my boots today but they dont stock the atkin bars so will have to either go into (might get ross to pick some up) or go to braehead! I will find them lol! Thanks again chick!
Closed Thread