Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Oct 12, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Wedding dress:

As some of you know from the diet threads I am trying to lose weight after going up to over 15st after having Harry. My aim was to lose around 5st and I've currently lost just under 2.5st so far. For thinspiration I have already bought my dress in a US size 10 around size 12 UK. When looking at dresses there was only ever one designer for me - Maggie. There were so many dresses I like I just couldn't choose, however when I saw a pre loved Ambrosia dress at a bargain price I jumped at it! So here is my goal:

I really hope I can fit in it by Christmas, otherwise I may have to start looking elsewhere

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 12, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Hen weekend

Hope I still have people reading along and you are all not

Booked my hen weekend this week!

I saw on here that the Travelodge sale was on very late the night before it started. We have stayed at some fab Travelodges over the years at dirt cheap prices, Edinburgh, York and Chester being my favourite. I hadn't really thought about my hen night, but we had (or should I say my mum and little sis had) discussed going to Amsterdam on one of those 'cruises' when you travel over , spend the day there and come back. I have not yet been to Amsterdam and really want to go, but want to things like Anne Frank's museum and I think my hens would have more risqué plans! I was unsure if it was all going to be a bit too much in your face for me. Plus I know you can get offers like BOGOF, but didn't know if such offers were going to be available around my dates.

I know its part of the MOH role, but she is so laid back she is almost horizontal! and I just wanted to get something sorted. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I woke up late for the sale. I usually get up at 3am in order to get a weekend away in the prime spots, but completely forgot to change my alarm. I woke at around 5am and when I checked I wasn't able to find a Friday & Sat night together at any of the locations I wanted. So I thought about a split stay. I don't know if I was just tired or what, but in my wisdom thought that the train to Edinburgh to Manchester stopped at Chester! Erm, nope! I was later reminded that it was the lake district I was thinking about Anyway, I had booked 4 rooms in Edinburgh on Friday 26th April and 4 rooms in Chester on 27th April all for a grand total of £128 (had originally booked 3 rooms at £15 each then decided to add a room each night and the price had gone up to £19 :angry: no big deal but every little helps).

I told my mum and MOH the next morning and like I said my stupidity was highlighted! But we have decided to go with it and go on a Hen Hike! Just need to scout around for the cheapest trains now. If we book nice and early I envisage the cost to be around £30 so all being well around £50 for transport & accommodation for the weekend.

Really excited

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Hi everyone, I'm back from 5 days at Haven Primrose Valley with the family. We had a fab time but a terrible week for my diet!

Thought I'd do a quick update and add a pic of my first DIY wedding project. I started my bridesmaid's button bouquets a couple of weeks ago. They are not finished as yet as the ribbon I'd ordered for the handle was too thick and I couldn't get it to look right so I'll have to order some more.

Next update will be the UK party, I took a picture of the venue but the OH deleted it from my phone so I'll have to snap it again when I'm passing.

Old 2 Nov 12, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I really love your dress! x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

You are very artistic! What colour ribbon are you going to do? How many do you have to make?
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylover
Imagineer

Loving it so far. All the other disney brides that I have been following are noweither married or had they're vow renewals. So it's lovely to have a new bride to follow.
Old 3 Nov 12, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hayley&Gareth View Post
I really love your dress! x
Thanks, I can't wait till I can actually get in it so I can see if it suits me

Originally Posted by SnowWhiteGsy View Post
You are very artistic! What colour ribbon are you going to do? How many do you have to make?
Thanks, although these are super easy to make. I'm having a dusty pink ribbon, I think, although I've changed my mind so many times we will have to see how it looks when it arrives. I've got 5 in total to make.

Originally Posted by disneylover View Post
Loving it so far. All the other disney brides that I have been following are noweither married or had they're vow renewals. So it's lovely to have a new bride to follow.
Yay glad I've got some followers! I was a bit worried I was chatting on to myself It is a fab way of keeping myself organised - but also reminds me of everything I've still got to do

Old 3 Nov 12, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Are your bridesmaids going to be pink?
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

My older ones will be I think but still undecided on their dress. The little ones are wearing this dress

Old 4 Nov 12, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Less than 200 days till we go!

Thought I'd celebrate with my UK update.

For our UK party we decided that we wanted to try to keep things as cheap as possible as we wanted to splash out more on the actual wedding. We are planning to do a lot of DIY projects to keep the costs down & here's the plans so far:

Theme

As we own a balloon business I wanted something I could really get my teeth into when designing the decor. I wanted a Disney theme and after much deliberation went with a Mad Hatter's tea party theme. I thought with this I could really go to town on the balloon decor and accessories.

I made a start on my tea pot collection and now have so many I don't know what to do with them, they are taking over my house (well Seb's office ). Here is my favourite so far -

Not sure how yet but we will be incorperating lots of the balloon flowers. I have many more ideas and will be pushing Seb's balloon skills to the max!

Eat me sweetie bags

Love these wonderland stamps!

First attempt at invitations.

Will have cream vinyl behind the 10/6 card and possibly a flower of some kind, not too sure yet.

Ribbon detail that will be on the invites:

Venue
Initially we were going to book a local golf club which had fantastic views, although the decor left little to be desired. We knew a member so could hire the club for £50. The food would have been £5.95 a head for a choice of two meals (things like curry,c&o pie, hot pot etc). We were all set to book when we were driving past the local Masonic hall and saw the lights were on - I had tried and tried to call this place with no luck. I wanted to check it out as I thought It looked like the perfect setting for a mad hatters tea party. Although not your typical wedding venue I think it will be perfect for our theme (there are trees running down either side of the car park and I think it feels just like you are going into the woods - or down a rabbit hole)

The room was £100 to hire but only £4 a head for potatoe pie supper - I was a little concerned that some people may not like this and there's no alternative choice, although Seb reminded me our guests arn't coming for the food, they are coming to celebrate with us! He said to put it on the invite and if they don't like it they can eat beforehand (I feel like such a meany!), and if this is the case we will also be having a candy buffet so they can scoff themselves silly with sweets instead

So we are booked in for the 29th June, two weeks after our return to the UK. I Still need to book the DJ and arrange a photobooth but I am considering doing a DIY photobooth with an Ipad or asking a local photographer we know to do a set up or take some shots.

Super excited!

Closed Thread