Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Oct 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My dd 17 said the same but it’s because she hates kids!
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
But it entirely depends on a person's reasons. Not having kids because you don't want them is a completely different thing to not having kids because you care enough about their future that despite wanting them you decide not to have any
Hey up FG , many who choose not to have children consider various aspects vs a sweeping 'I don't want kids'. How the world was viewed at that time was a factor for me, but mainly I simply hold no maternal instincts, or regrets. I know it's difficult for many to comprehend life without/with bairns, neither make one less whole, with/without, we're all richer in our own ways

Worked with a lass who was beyond desperate for a baby, at least 4 IVF treatments failed, her desperation meant conversation consisted of nothing else and many avoided her. Sadly her obsession damaged her health and her marriage ended, terribly sad for the lass.

Edited at 11:50 AM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
But it entirely depends on a person's reasons. Not having kids because you don't want them is a completely different thing to not having kids because you care enough about their future that despite wanting them you decide not to have any
I decided not to have kids because I cared about their future - I know I'd have been a rubbish mum as I have no maternal instincts whatsoever and I wouldn't want to put kids through that. My mother never forgave me for not having kids, I became the black sheep of the family.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Reading the news and the sort of life young people have now is more what out me off having children - technology and connectivity are wonderful things - but I wouldn’t like to be 10 again and going through school now. There was something in the news this evening - gun shots in the council estate just outside our town, not what you expect I a surrey town! But we hear about that sort of thing happening all over the place now and I start to fear for the safety of my future children, and what their obligations will be. I think we all have to do our little bit about climate change - but it’s not the thing that’s putting me off having children.

Btw for anyone who’s interested you can return your plastic packaging to waitrose now, it’s placed into the crushing machine and sent off to be recycled with all the plastic outer packaging our local store has a bin for it, but you stick it in the carrier bag recycling or hand it to a partner if your doesn’t.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

These things always happened. We are just more aware of them.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Astounded.

This is nothing to do with the posters child or others quoted.

But kids today! Really?

They really don't know how lucky they are. Really they don't.

Get a grip. Think of previous generations.

Do they - you really think that in the next 100 years this country where we live isn't going to still be a green and pleasant land? And a place for these kids not to have a fantastic future in?

Why should kids not have the joy of planning their futures with families of their own?

Extinction? Really ... human extinction through Climate Change makes kids not want to plan their futures. Whose feeding them this c**p?

Guess my thoughts won't go down well with some. It's just my opinion!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
This ^^^^

This makes me wonder what I have done by bringing my children who are 5 and 3 into the world and I do often wonder if maybe we were selfish having them as I don’t actually think it’s a nice world for them to grow up in and I believe it will just get worse
But your child may be the person that finds a cure for cancer or finds an alternative energy source. You have to enjoy life and live with your decisions.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
[QUOTE=salmim;14133901]Astounded.

This is nothing to do with the posters child or others quoted.

But kids today! Really?

They really don't know how lucky they are. Really they don't.

Get a grip. Think of previous generations.

Do they - you really think that in the next 100 years this country where we live isn't going to still be a green and pleasant land? And a place for these kids not to have a fantastic future in?

Why should kids not have the joy of planning their futures with families of their own?

Extinction? Really ... human extinction through Climate Change makes kids not want to plan their futures. Whose feeding them this c**p?

Guess my thoughts won't go down well with some. It's just my opinion! [/QUOTE

Regardless of climate change, you are obviously unaware of childhood poverty in the UK or the huge numbers of mental health issues in young people if you think a whole generation has it easy !
This forum is obviously not representative of the whole as we can all afford expensive holidays but I am aware of people in real life, working full time who are unable to feed their children and need food banks, I can assure you not all kids are living a privileged lifestyle!
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s all the attention and media coverage that young people now are subject to.
For me, the younger generation have the exorbitant cost of everything to worry about.
I work in a school and have never heard a child mentioning not planning having children because of climate change? but I have heard plenty worrying about money !
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
It’s all the attention and media coverage that young people now are subject to.
For me, the younger generation have the exorbitant cost of everything to worry about.
I work in a school and have never heard a child mentioning not planning having children because of climate change? but I have heard plenty worrying about money !
Teenagers now have way more in terms of “stuff” than any previous generation. I accept they have other pressures that we didn’t have in terms of online bullying etc. but when it comes to money they have never had it so good.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List