Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Jun 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

I would not complain as there is nothing to complain about..

If you had missed your flight that's another story.

Lesson to be learnt, don't book the bus earlier than required.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

On our first trip we booked with Virgin Holidays and didn’t realise we could use MDE. We did bag drop at DTD (as it was then) and were told to come back 3.30 to the area by Cirque.

The transfer was late, and when it arrived it was only a minibus and another group grabbed it. We had to wait almost half an hour for another.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
shell1970
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post

3:10 was 4 hours before our flight so it was the correct one we were booked on.
shell1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post

They automatically assign you the bus four hours before your flight. You can ask to change but we would rather play safe.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Regarding OP's issue :

nothing to complain about. The resort offered free taxi transportation to make sure you'd get to the airport in time.
In that regards they went above and beyond to provide the service, free of charge.
Why complain when they tried to make it right, and when all turned up for the best ?

regarding the other issue with kids sitting on the stairs of the bus, and all.
I would not blame disney nor the driver. I would blame it on the family who preferred their children rode in an unsafe fashion rather than wait for the next bus to their hotel.
Because in any event, the choice to ride or wait for the next bus was theirs. It was not the last bus to their resort as DME runs 24/7. Their choice, their problem.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Interesting point that Disney can tell you how many thousands of people are in their parks at any given minute but can't count how many people want to use a particular Magical Express coach?
Old 19 Jun 19, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Interesting point that Disney can tell you how many thousands of people are in their parks at any given minute but can't count how many people want to use a particular Magical Express coach?

first of all, don't take an isolated incident we really know very little of, and make it a general issue

if a driver decides to let more people on their coach than it's allowed to accomodate, it's not a "disney issue".

then, despite the lines, despite people being in general well behaved and repsectful, despite CMs paying attention, and even if disney knows at any given second how many guests have scanned their MBs and entered a Fastpass lane, you can be pretty sure that you could find, in that same lane, someone who has managed to cheat their way through ...

bottomline we don't know how those people got on that bus, and why.

one thing remains. When you're on a bus, and your kids cannot sit because it's obviously overcrowded, you can blame disney all you want, for allowing it to happen, fine. But the decision to stay on that bus is yours, and yours only.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I presume the family got on the bus because the cast member at Mco told them too? They were the last people to get on just before we left and may not have realised that there was nowhere to sit. They got dropped off at their hotel with no obvious issues though.

I don’t know why the driver didn’t walk down the bus to check or why he didn’t seem to notice that there were people stood at the back?

Who would be to “blame” if an accident occurred and someone was seriously hurt because they weren’t strapped in? I would’ve thought that the driver is responsible for their passengers and have to comply with rules about how many people they are legally allowed to carry? I could be wrong?

Either way, luckily all was well and everyone went merrily on their way but it was a little worrying at the time.

By the way I am a big believer that people need to take personal responsibility but in this case that didn’t happen and it probably would’ve been the driver to get in trouble if something had gone wrong which would’ve been a shame.

Kat

Edited at 08:27 AM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I assume the driver was doing nothing wrong. Most buses here have a standing capacity too, so I assume its the same in the US. Don't get me wrong, its not ideal, but I don't think the driver is to blame. If his bus seats 50 and he has a standing capacity of 10 and there's 55 people on the bus... not an issue
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Robblps View Post
I assume the driver was doing nothing wrong. Most buses here have a standing capacity too, so I assume its the same in the US. Don't get me wrong, its not ideal, but I don't think the driver is to blame. If his bus seats 50 and he has a standing capacity of 10 and there's 55 people on the bus... not an issue
You are probably right as I don’t suppose Disney would make that mistake knowingly? I just wasn’t expecting it being a coach that travels on the faster motorway type roads? As standing and travelling at say 60 miles an hour is pretty dangerous.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List