Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Once Upon a Family / April 2018 / Day 4 Hollywood Studios

Another early wake up today – Matt and I usually settle into the timezone straight away when we travel so going to bed early on that first night was really causing havoc!

We all got up and met for breakfast at 7.20am, before heading down to catch the boat to Hollywood Studios.

IMG_8086 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Our visit was one of the first days that Fastpasses weren’t being offered for Toy Story Mania due to the entrance move, so we headed there first. It was still a 45 minute wait, even when there for opening, but it was a firm family favourite so definitely worth it!

IMG_8092 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After this, we started to make our way over to Rock n Roller Coaster for our Fastpass, but there was a lonely Photopass photographer at the entrance to Pixar Place so we got some photos done there.

STUDIO_PIXARARCH_20180411_410816721378 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We then spotted that Sofia was out doing her meet and greet, and this was a must do for our Molly so we went to do that before the queue built up too much.

STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR1_20180411_410816762728 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR1_20180411_410816762718 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We then met Jake and Doc too! We had to wait a bit longer for Doc as she went in to see how Lambie was doing but we got such fantastic interaction from her that it didn’t matter!

STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR2_20180411_410817275764 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR4_20180411_410818316613 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR4_20180411_410818316631 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR4_20180411_410818315097 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We made it on time for our Rock n Roller Coaster, which was to be the twins’ first upside down coaster. Isabella was terrified and started crying when we were harnessed in and ready to go.

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20180411_8216357621 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20180411_8216357565 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Thankfully, they loved it! That photo says otherwise, I know, but it was their favourite ride of the whole trip!

After some photos at the entrance of Rock n Roller Coaster, we went to use our Tower of Terror Fastpasses. Whilst waiting for the others, Matt and I popped into the shop and got a bottle of Coke Zero and my coveted Bellhop Goofy Tsum Tsum ($9.89 total).

STUDIO_SUNSETROCK_20180411_410818206644 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORARIDE_20180411_8216374362 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We also had fun today finding some of the themed Stitches around the park, starting with RockerStitch & BellhopStitch.

IMG_8096 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8097 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8102 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8101 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Next stop was to meet Olaf as I spotted on the App that he only had a 10 minute wait. We actually pretty much walked straight in which was great. Molly didn’t feel like joining us so she waited with Mummy.

STUDIO_CELEBRITYACHAR_20180411_410819716592 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

STUDIO_CELEBRITYACHAR_20180411_410819716587 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

STUDIO_CELEBRITYACHAR_20180411_410819716584 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We got some Photopass piccies on the way, I love this one!

STUDIO_SUNSETROCK_20180411_410819416575 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

STUDIO_SUNSETROCK_20180411_410819416565 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We were planning to go and meet Mickey & Minnie next but the line shot up to 25 minutes so we gave it a miss.

Our Fastpass for Star Tours had opened up by now so that was next. Not such a hit with our young thrillseekers but it’s got to be done, right?!

And we found JediStitch!

IMG_8119 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We didn’t have long before our lunch ADR now so we popped into Muppetvision next. Molly loves the Muppets movie at home so we thought she might enjoy this – and enjoy it she did! She was transfixed from start to finish and even asked her Mummy & Daddy to take her back to see it again later in the trip!

20180411_122605 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8120 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Just before we wandered over to Mama Melrose for lunch, we popped into the Muppets shop and I bought a Mickey balloon aerial topper ($6.38).

IMG_8121 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Lunch at Mama Melrose was yummy! We were all so impressed! We booked in just as a standard ADR at first but after playing around with the ADR system a few weeks after ADR day, I managed to snag a Fantasmic dinner package.

Matt had the chicken parmigiana, I had the steak with mac & cheese (immense!) and a cheeky Bellini, and we all had the fixed dessert sampler (none of us were too keen though which was a shame).

IMG_8122 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

20180411_132928 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8123 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8124 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

It really was a hit amongst everyone and the rest of the group went back later in the trip when Matt and I went to Ohana.

After lunch, the plan was to pop to Singalong Frozen and then head back to the hotel for some pool time. I thought that this was really well done and really enjoyed it. The girls seemed to too!

IMG_8132 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8134 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_8138 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Whilst waiting for the show to start, I thought I’d check My Disney Experience for any more Fastpasses before heading back and as luck would have it, they had opened up a few slots for Toy Story Mania. I let everyone know and everyone was excited to ride again as it had been so popular that morning, so that was our next stop.

On our way over, Matt was excited to see the March of the First Order.

20180411_154830 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

20180411_150533 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Whilst we were that side of the park, Louise was keen to take Molly to see the Little Mermaid show, and everyone else was up for it so that’s what we did! A show had just started so we popped into the neighbouring shop for a bit. Whilst Louise was completing her purchase, a custodial Cast Member came over to ask how our day was going and also our overall stay. We told him we were having a great time and he asked Isabella if she had had any ice cream that day yet. She told him not yet, and he also asked if she had seen the Beauty and the Beast show yet. Again, not yet but we were planning to come back later in the trip to see that. It seems that he was informally checking that we were having a great stay, and for our time, he offered us some lovely pixie dust – a voucher for 6 Mickey ice creams and 2 Fastpasses for our group to go and see two more shows in Hollywood Studio later in the trip, which was such a lovely gesture.

IMG_8139 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

By the time we finished chatting with our new friend, it was almost time for the show to start, so he whisked us in the Fastpass entrance there too, and the show started just a few minutes later.

After this, we decided to call it a day – we had already been in the park far longer than we had planned to. So we got back to the hotel at about 4.30pm and Matt and I went straight to Beaches & Cream to pick up ice creams for everyone. I had two scoops of cookies & cream, and Matt had two scoops of strawberry.

We then got ready to go back out to see Fantasmic, so got the boat back over at 6.40pm. I had managed to get a couple more Fastpasses for Rock n Roller Coaster again before going in to see Fantasmic, so we used those (which the twins were thrilled about).

You will notice that everytime I ride Rock n Roller Coaster, I pull the same face – I can’t help it!

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20180411_8216678833 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We also got some Photopass pictures while we waited for everyone else to ride.

STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_20180411_410833084507 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_20180411_410833991491 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_20180411_410833991486 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After Rock n Roller, we made our way into Fantasmic. and made our way in. We went in at 7.45pm and the show started at 8.30pm. The dinner package seats were fab, right in the middle! My sister and I blubbered our way through the show, after which she, Dad and the twins went back with Molly, and Matt, Dan and I stayed to watch the Star Wars fireworks.

20180411_213402 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We got the boat back after this, and arrived back at the room not long after the rest of the gang (as they’d had a bit of a wait for the boat).

It had been a busy but really successful day, so we were happy to call 10pm bedtime!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a lovely day! Pleased to hear the kids loved RnR, they were really brace to try it! And so lucky to nab TSM fast passes 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, you managed to do loads, love the free ice cream and fastpasses, bonus!

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

What a lovely day
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh what a fab day. Great fun on the toy story ride, fab to be able to pick up the bonus FP later. A lovely lunch, you enjoyed some of the shows and had some great meet and greets.

In the photopass for RnR your niece sure doesn't look like she is enjoying it, but I think it's sometimes the anticipation before a ride and not knowing what is going to happen ends up worse thwn the actual ride itself. Plus it's the only one at WDW that has the over the shoulder seat restraint which add to the tension. I'm glad she thought it was her favourite so she must have loved it in spite of her thoughts about being strapped in.

I love fantasmic too, can't wait to see it again this summer!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Looks like a lovely day, you got loads of great PhotoPass pics.

Your poor niece's face did make me laugh, bless her! Glad she enjoyed it after the initial fright.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
What a lovely day! Pleased to hear the kids loved RnR, they were really brace to try it! And so lucky to nab TSM fast passes 😊
They were so brave but so glad they did it too! I know that was a total win to get more Toy Story FPs!

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Great day, you managed to do loads, love the free ice cream and fastpasses, bonus!
I know we felt very lucky!
This was actually one of my favourite days of the whol trip, just what Disney is all about!
I'm working on dad to take us back next year to do it all again

Originally Posted by DISNEYLIZ View Post
What a lovely day
Thank you - thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh what a fab day. Great fun on the toy story ride, fab to be able to pick up the bonus FP later. A lovely lunch, you enjoyed some of the shows and had some great meet and greets.

In the photopass for RnR your niece sure doesn't look like she is enjoying it, but I think it's sometimes the anticipation before a ride and not knowing what is going to happen ends up worse thwn the actual ride itself. Plus it's the only one at WDW that has the over the shoulder seat restraint which add to the tension. I'm glad she thought it was her favourite so she must have loved it in spite of her thoughts about being strapped in.

I love fantasmic too, can't wait to see it again this summer!
It really was the perfect Disney day <3
I know poor Isabella was terrified but got herself worked up like that when the restraint went down and it was too late! I'm so glad it worked out in the end that we didn't scar her for life!

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Looks like a lovely day, you got loads of great PhotoPass pics.

Your poor niece's face did make me laugh, bless her! Glad she enjoyed it after the initial fright.
It really was a perfect day!
Bless Isabella, she was so scared but was glad she did it in the end!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day

Joan
Old 9 May 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The twins were so brave to do RnRC, poor Isabella! I’m glad she loved it. The contrast in the two photos is so funny.

What a nice bit of Disney magic those vouchers were, Isabella will probably always remember that.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

wow another fun filled day,i loved mama melrose also,off to catch up with the rest of the trippie x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List