Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Jul 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

tempted to change to CBR from POFQ

It will buy us extra day and the dates will work little better. I am thinking the sky liner could come handy?

The last time we stayed at CBR was before the renovations and the food was poor to be honest. We didn't love the resort at the time, but we did not hate it either

Would you? Is the food at CBR better now?
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

for one day extra no... If you wasnt jumping up and down with the resort before you probably would be better off with the change..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
For an extra day and better dates I would do it however the Skyliner puts me off. If its a draw for you then go for it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

can I ask why is it putting you off?
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Stayed at both and I would stick with POFQ, I hope to return there one day as I loved it
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
can I ask why is it putting you off?
I think its an eyesore and we wouldnt use it so wouldnt get any benefit out of it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We swapped our booking from CBR to CSR. At first I thought it might be great to have the Skyliner, but now I would rather see reports on how it runs and affects the resort. The pillars for the Skyliner look awful, I'm hoping that Disney paint them, but I'm still not sure that that will improve their look. As a bonus CSR worked out cheaper for us, so we've used the saving to upgrade to DDP.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

I wouldnt but I didnt really like Caribbean Beach, for a moderate I prefer POR or POFQ. I also think the Skyliners are an eyesore. However its all personal and lots of people love it there. If an extra night made my flights cheaper by more than the overall cost of the trip Id consider it. The pool is great at Caribbean Beach. Cant answer for the food court. Wasn't impressed pre refurb bit it has probably changed now.

Edited at 09:00 PM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

We orginally planned on por but cbr was cheaper (we added an extra night and it was still less than por)
pre resort refurb cbr never really appealed to me but the changes do look really good and I'm looking forward to trying somewhere new. The food court options do seem quite poor esp compared to port orleans but we don't plan eating at the resort much so I'm not that bothered.
I don't plan on using the skyliner but I can see that it could be a really good addition to the transportation system with the quicker travel times.

For the amount of time we usually spend in the resort itself we decided that an extra day onsite was worth trying a new resort for
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

I would stick with POFQ, Ive stayed at both and preferred POFQ, CBR might be better now its been refurbed and has the cable car though!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List