Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Lightyear
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Hi there
Well Friday 6th July is Stevie G's opening game in charge , and the mighty Bury are the visitors
So tickets bought , but we will be VERY tight for time.
My son finishes school in Bury at 3.15 . My mate, whose son goes to school with my son, reckons we can get to the game without needing an excuse to leave school early.
Google maps set now says 3 hours 32 , so allowing 3 minutes to get out, that would be 6.50pm driving with no rush hour traffic. 207 miles

The game kicks off at 715 ( hmm why not 745 ?)

What are our chances. I suspect my mates dad may drive at 80 rather than 70 so we might gain a bit back, but surely Friday night traffic on the motorway , the obvious congestion around the ground, getting a car parking spot , and walking to the ground would be way more than 25 minutes !

Any hints on where to park so near to kick off , ( the football ground guide says there is plenty of street parking but mentions Albion st car park ) , how long it is likely to take from say the A71 at Swinhill to actually walking through the turnstile ?

Are we dreaming in getting there for kick off leaving north bury at 3.15 ?
Hi
I’m a Season ticket holder at Ibrox and parking can be a bit of a nightmare. Since it’s a friendly I’d recommend the Albion car park like you mentioned but pre book the parking on the Rangers website since they can close it if there are too many cars entering, pre booking will guarantee you get in. The M8 and M74 will be really busy at that time so I would give yourself as much time as possible. Hope you enjoy your trip

Followed Rangers to Florida in January to attend the Florida cup tournament, couldn’t beat it Rangers,Disney and universal rolled into one !
Mr Lightyear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
CazB
Very Serious Dibber

CazB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Rangers website are selling parking for the albion car park for £10 for the match. It will be a busy match since its the first game for the new manager so I would recommend booking parking online now.

If you book online you are guaranteeing yourself access to the car park. So even if you are arriving late and the permit holders only sign is up you will still get in since you have prepaid for your parking.

2019 - Portofino
2023, 2024 - RPR
CazB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Tickets arrived today
Can't wait to get back to Ibrox.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Hope you got up and parked ok. Hear you were right about it being 3:0 at half time as well.🙃 You’re missing a good game between Brazil and Belgium.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

6 nil. Hope you still enjoyed your visit!
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Hope you got up and parked on time tonight and have a safe journey back home. It was a lovely night and a good game - well you might not agree after being on the wrong end of a 6-0. Hope you and your son enjoyed the game and the trip up regardless. It was an impressive away support considering the distance, it was only a friendly and it being a Friday evening. Good luck to your team for the season ahead.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

I saw Forest get hammered something like 5-1 at Chelsea last season. Did I regret going? No way. Sure Bury Boy feels the same way . Football is in the blood and if it’s your local team you cherish it that little bit more
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Just back. Had a great evening. The football was always going to be a by- product of the night
Parked up easily in street parking at around 6 after a little dentist note ( the school,advised us to do it that way )
The Rangers lads made us feel very welcome, several coming up individually at different points to thank us for coming, ask us alittle about the team, and wish us well for the season
The stewards / police did stop me taking my diluted Vimto ( in a regular Vimto screw top bottle ) into the ground which I have only had once before in visiting c 60 English grounds so that's a shame they feel there is a need to have different rules to us
Some Gers fans kindly Joined in to our " footballs coming home chanting " not realising we were just taking the pee out of the Scots for not even qualifying
A good night
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Good to see that you made it in time and enjoyed the game despite the scoreline!
I hope your lad enjoyed Ibrox.
I think you'll be surprised at the amount of Rangers supporters wanting England to do well.
Best of luck against Sweden this afternoon.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Just back. Had a great evening. The football was always going to be a by- product of the night
Parked up easily in street parking at around 6 after a little dentist note ( the school,advised us to do it that way )
The Rangers lads made us feel very welcome, several coming up individually at different points to thank us for coming, ask us alittle about the team, and wish us well for the season
The stewards / police did stop me taking my diluted Vimto ( in a regular Vimto screw top bottle ) into the ground which I have only had once before in visiting c 60 English grounds so that's a shame they feel there is a need to have different rules to us
Some Gers fans kindly Joined in to our " footballs coming home chanting " not realising we were just taking the pee out of the Scots for not even qualifying
A good night
Shame about the score line, rangers fans are great despite my banter. I did a charity collection there ones - and every man woman and child dipped into their pockets - everyone! I also had a few in the old rangers club on a few occasions and had a thoroughly good time. It is only a game and we are up, they are down but wont always be that way. Shame what greedy people did to a once great club.

Please dont tell any rangers fans tho, need to keep up my facade...

Hope one day you get a friendly at parkhead aka paradise...

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List