Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Sep 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Another day dawns, another day at the office. Today I will mostly be visiting the BA website, running the same flight search and will be mildly disappointed when the prices have not changed since the last time I ran the search (perhaps 30 minutes earlier). Or maybe, resigned to my fate, I will raise my eyebrow slightly and utter 'huh' as I find the price has moved up another £200.

But I will be reminded of Scarlett O'Hara in Gone with the Wind saying:

"As God is my witness, as God is my witness they’re not going to lick me. I’m going to live through this and when it’s all over, I’ll never use another flight search engine again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I will have that direct economy flight (with car) at a reasonable price".

We will prevail.

Edited at 08:15 AM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by ski View Post
Are people searching via fly drive or flights then adding car - if it makes any difference? The dates I’ve been looking at have not reduced in price at all and are still sky high. Whilst I’m in no rush to book I’m seeing no offers at all.
I’m searching flydrives, best price I’ve had so far was 690pp for 23 days. Last year we paid 437
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
trepidatious
Getting to know the DIBB

I have been looking for flights for 13-27th August, but 12-26th seems cheaper so I have reserved the BA flights for 72 hours and will call and see if our Disney booking can be amended by one day.

In the meantime, having reserved the base flight, could anyone please advise me on the best way to reserve seats and add baggage? Should I just add Economy Standard for each of us (2ad 1ya and 1c), as well as reserve seats? Do I need to reserve seats and add baggage now, or can I just do it later? We are not too fussed as to where we sit as long as we are together. What are the chances of getting seats together if we wait until 24 hours before departure?

Although we've been before, this is the first time I'm in charge of booking the flights!
trepidatious is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well done on the flights. Missed this one😥, however did anyone see mid july onwards as all those i have seen are mid august onwards which is no good for me.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by kennycapes View Post
just looking now and it looks great. 4 of us direct to MCO and back for 2940. But Premium was £1000+. How did you manage that?
Premium yesterday was very close if not cheaper for some for me it was only about £50 more. Later last night prices for premium went over 1k and were actually more expensive than business!

Today it seems to be a bit more back to normal on my dates at least. But 500 more today for 2a2c. Makes me wonder if I'd gone on earlier would I have got closer to 500pp for my dates, but I'm not so sure. I need to come back and recover a few days. If I could have stretched to the 30th Aug then the return prices were lower. But to literally go to work the next day is not worth the saving for me.
gizmodo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Just got direct Gatwick to MCO for £2742 for 2 adults, 2 teens 5th of August to the 19th of August with 1 checked baggage each. Really happy with this as I wanted direct for under 3k. Not looking anymore, good luck everyone 👍
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Well done on the flights. Missed this one😥, however did anyone see mid july onwards as all those i have seen are mid august onwards which is no good for me.
I looked at the July dates I'd been tracking and they werent as good. Keep watching because a couple of weeks ago I had 2300ish for 20th July for 17 nights. 2a2c.
gizmodo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ak1985 View Post
After booking mine for 5 people for £2850 which included an indirect from Miami on way home, I also noticed the direct flight from MCO had come down a lot so was able to amend for free and ended with 2 direct journeys plus SUV for £3000.

When looking again later (I know I shouldn’t), I did see a fly drive I searched said “extra £100 off as part of sale” (or similar). So, I wonder if these prices/glitches were a result of them now adding Florida as part of their sale? Maybe.
I was lucky jumped on in the morning when the prices were highlighted on here, and the PE from Miami home was only £357 but the a few hours later MCO was £404 a huge drop. It’s just luck and the fact I check every hour or so 😂 a bit obsessive. They wouldn’t let me combine my holds or change them but did give me my £30 back 😊
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gizmodo View Post
Premium yesterday was very close if not cheaper for some for me it was only about £50 more. Later last night prices for premium went over 1k and were actually more expensive than business!

Today it seems to be a bit more back to normal on my dates at least. But 500 more today for 2a2c. Makes me wonder if I'd gone on earlier would I have got closer to 500pp for my dates, but I'm not so sure. I need to come back and recover a few days. If I could have stretched to the 30th Aug then the return prices were lower. But to literally go to work the next day is not worth the saving for me.
I always go back to work the next day, 12hr shift, easiest way to get over jetlag, I prefer to do yhus
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiger lily 3
Trying for More Ears

Great to see everyone getting some bargains the dibb is great. I’m just waiting for an AM flight to become available with BA then I will be booking as well xxx
Tiger lily 3 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List